Why Fire?

jriccitelli

Re: Why Fire?

Post by jriccitelli » Tue Aug 06, 2013 10:48 am

(Since I start work at 11pm tonight, I had some precious time to devote here)
"Many people" tell me I am a good musician. Most of them are not musicians. The criticism that real musicians would bring would tell me more about the quaity of my performance. Their negative reviews might be "entirely correct" despite the flatteries of those who know little about the craft (Steve)
True me and most the people I’ve met could be idiots, but still your logic is flawed.
Believing, explaining and understanding what God has said is not a specialized 'craft'.
If all musicians produced fine music, and 'only musicians' could define real music you would think there would be no bad music. You don’t have to be a sunset maker to know a good sunset. Musicians can teach others about ‘how’ to make music, but If the ‘result’ proves worthless it is obvious to ‘all’. Popular science being a prime example, with all their knowledge many of them still disregard the necessity of a creator. Doctors, lawyers, engineers, politicians, etc. all masters of their trade yet fraught with personal opinion, self-interest and mistakes. I think RC Sproul and other such teachers have a great knowledge of scripture, yet how do they remain Calvinists?

I hadn’t taken any offense, but you continued;
If I said to you, "So many people tell me that I am great that I can't take seriously any criticisms from you," would you think I might need my statement (and my attitude) corrected?
That is horrible. For one: I did not say that to you. I had to defend myself against 'your' put downs, just to defend the position I believe. I made no inclination that I was 'great' or that I 'can’t take criticism', your statement is completely false and fabricated. If this is the same logic and reading you use in ministry, you should be corrected not me. I don't think I'm unique, just not crazy. Shouldn’t all disciples be able to share and explain the Gospel clearly?

steve

Re: Why Fire?

Post by steve » Sat Aug 10, 2013 12:43 pm

True me and most the people I’ve met could be idiots
your statement is completely false and fabricated. If this is the same logic and reading you use in ministry, you should be corrected not me. I don't think I'm unique, just not crazy.

A little over the top, here, aren't we?

Shouldn’t all disciples be able to share and explain the Gospel clearly?

I certainly think they should.

Return to “Views of Hell”