God's Mercy is the Physical destruction of unbelievers

paulespino

God's Mercy is the Physical destruction of unbelievers

Post by paulespino » Sun Nov 17, 2013 3:15 am

The physical destruction of the unbelievers in the Old testament and New testament is actually a sign of a merciful God.

The reason God removed them physically here on earth is because they are a hindrance to the progress of God's plan. God's plan is for Christ to be born here on earth, live among us and the death and resurrection, this process ( the death of Jesus ) will reconcile everyone to God including the unbelievers whom God removed here on earth . God has his own timetable and the unbelievers are hindrance to God's timetable.

By removing them here on earth it served as a disciplinary action for them and also an assurance that they will be reconciled with Christ according to God's timetable because there will be no more hindrance since they have been removed here on earth .

It turned out that it is for their own good to be removed here on earth.

Steve's book convinced me that there is no Hell and since that there is no hell God is giving those people he removed or Killed here on earth another chance to be with Christ.

steve

Re: God's Mercy is the Physical destruction of unbelievers

Post by steve » Sun Nov 17, 2013 12:37 pm

Paul,

I am curious to know how my book convinced you that there is no hell. My book teaches that there is a hell (all three views affirm this). Did you find all three views unconvincing? I assume you mean "Hell" as a final state of destruction or torture. Or perhaps you decided that all three views are wrong?

paulespino

Re: God's Mercy is the Physical destruction of unbelievers

Post by paulespino » Sun Nov 17, 2013 2:33 pm

Hi Steve,

I don't believe that there is a place for eternal torture ( Hell ) but there could be a place for disciplinary action in which Christ will convince people to come to him and if they still don't believe in a specific time frame then they can be annihilated .

I still have not finished the book but from my understanding that the Bible specially in the Old Testament used the word Gehenna to be a literal earth place which is the Valley of Hinnom , it is the valley southwest of and adjacent to the old city of Jerusalem. It is sometimes called valley of slaughter. Jeremiah made a reference to Gehenna as a place outside Jerusalem where the corpses of those slain will be cast off. It is referring to judgement on 70 AD.

Objection to Gehenna as a reference to 70 AD
Jesus mentioned body and soul being destroyed in Gehenna in Matthew 10:28, an answer to this which I find more convincing is that the term body and soul is a form of an idiom which means being destroyed thoroughly we find a precedent of this in Isaiah 10:18.

Aionios :

Does not have to mean everlasting but it could also pertain to an age such as the life of an age to come.

I apologize Steve I will have to start all over again after I finished.

( page 84 to 108 kindle )

Return to “Views of Hell”