My Hybrid Model

mattrose

My Hybrid Model

Post by mattrose » Mon Feb 09, 2015 11:49 am

This is my current position
I believe that after Judgment Day, the wicked will be cast into the Lake of Fire (Hell) where, cut off in any valuable way from the source of life (God) they would eventually cease to exist (either as a human being or at all, I doubt it much matters) BUT until extinction takes place, there MAY be opportunity for them to repent and find salvation in Jesus. [Also of note, as an Open Theist, I believe that it truly is POSSIBLE that all could end up saved by Jesus just as I consider it POSSIBLE that all who enter Hell will eventually become extinct].

steve

Re: My Hybrid Model

Post by steve » Mon Feb 09, 2015 11:58 am

Could be!

steve7150

Re: My Hybrid Model

Post by steve7150 » Mon Feb 09, 2015 6:10 pm

This is my current position
I believe that after Judgment Day, the wicked will be cast into the Lake of Fire (Hell) where, cut off in any valuable way from the source of life (God) they would eventually cease to exist (either as a human being or at all, I doubt it much matters) BUT until extinction takes place, there MAY be opportunity for them to repent and find salvation in Jesus. [Also of note, as an Open Theist, I believe that it truly is POSSIBLE that all could end up saved by Jesus just as I consider it POSSIBLE that all who enter Hell will eventually become extinct].

Seems like a reasonable position. My take is that i don't see why the "wicked" in the LOF would be cut off from Jesus. Many never knew God so why cut them off from Jesus when they never knew him at all? So since it is God's will that everyone s/b saved, i think Jesus will be present in some way in the LOF and if one repents and believes and accepts whatever else may be neccesary they will be saved. I don't know if UR is the end result but i think it is possible.

Return to “Views of Hell”