Why have children

jriccitelli

Re: Why have children

Post by jriccitelli » Sun May 01, 2016 10:42 am

Also, I have had to ask myself: does my own view of second chances soften my urgency to proclaim the warning of hell?

A bit I would think, but would telling people 'there is absolutely no chance of repenting post-mortem' and thus every person who dies without Jesus goes to hell, make it true? Does the rational of no more chances make for a better argument, or just twist the actual truth of hell? If I am exhausted just trying to defend and proclaim the other basic truths of salvation, and judgment, does that argument help them?

Or, is telling people there is only hell for the unrepentant dead, and absolutely no chance of repenting once your dead, be truthful?
I would argue that although scripture says "And inasmuch as it is appointed for men to die once and after this comes judgment" (Hebrews 9:27) and "Therefore having overlooked the times of ignorance, God is now declaring to men that all people everywhere should repent, 31 because He has fixed a day in which He will judge the world in righteousness..." (Acts 17:31) It doesn't say anything of whether or not we have the chance or opportunity to repent at that time or not. Like a number of other verses, this verse just says we will stand to be judged at 'That Day' post-mortem, no details as to what we can, or not, say at The Judgment.

Return to “Views of Hell”