Ghost Suffering?

remade

Ghost Suffering?

Post by remade » Thu Jun 09, 2016 3:07 pm

Thankfully I can say that I do not think I have ever experienced a demonic attack or been involved in paranormal activity. Like the average American (I think), I just have a semi-interest in ghost stories and what-not.

I do enjoy "My Ghost Stories" on the bio. channel. (They are easy to find via google and youtube).

One particular story, and I don't know if it was from my ghost story, or some other paranormal documentary, has stuck in my mind formulating a part of my Christian paradigm. One story of a haunted theater basement is like many "ghostly encounters" I've heard, and that is, viewers claim to see the ghost of deceased father and son experiencing the last moments of their lives quite often. I don't remember the theater or story, but basically an old worker in - I think anywhere from the 1920s - 40s - was in a basement doing something, while his son was chasing a bouncy ball. The bouncy ball went under an elevator while the elevator was up, and I think either the father tried to save him being compressed by the elevator as well, or maybe the father lost his son, and in guilt and sorrow, the father took his own life soon thereafter. The ghostly encounter states that there are apparitions of this father and son in that same area quite often. They (the ghostly father and son) seem to be unaware of reality, and are simply reliving their last moments over and over and over.

I have often thought that with hell, being very hard to nail down some solid theological conclusions from the Bible (without church tradition) - what if a nonbeliever's suffering might entail reliving the last moments of their lives over and over? That would not explain, however, the fact that living humanity on earth would be able to view it?

Just some thoughts to shoot around.
For our sake he made him to be sin who knew no sin, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God.
- II CORINTHIANS 5:21 ESV

Return to “Views of Hell”