Hado

johnb

Hado

Post by johnb » Tue Aug 25, 2009 12:45 pm

Is anyone familiar with the "phenomenon" of Hado (pronounced like the word "shadow") by Dr. Masaru Emoto?

I have done very little research on it, but apperantly Dr. Emoto (who has spoken at a U.N. conference about this) has photographed water at the molecular level and has found that there are water crystals that change form when you speak certain things to them or even think certain thoughts about them (either negatively or positively). Sounds similar to the repackaged Law of Attraction craze a few years ago because the thrust of what is being presented is that words or even thoughts can change physical reality (at least at the molecular level in this case). The interesting thing is that this guy has some hard evidence that seems to bolster that claim. To play Hado's advocate: "if" it can be shown that there is genuine "proof" to the validity of such things - how do we approach this as Christians?
“The Underground Church is a poor and suffering church, but it has few lukewarm members.” - Richard Wurmbrand

steve

Re: Hado

Post by steve » Tue Aug 25, 2009 2:31 pm

As much as this kind of thing excites those who pursue the New Age spiritualities, I don't see anything distinctly New Age or anti-Christian about such discoveries. That there are "more things in heaven and earth than are dreamed of in your philosophy" is consistent with a Christian worldview. The discoveries of the phenomena of magnetism, gravity, and quantum physics have not undermined any of the claims of Christ, so far as I can discern.

johnb

Post by johnb » Tue Aug 25, 2009 8:21 pm

To be honest, I am usually very open to "findings" or "discoveries" because I do think there is more out there to be explored and I also think all discoveries will show the Lord's "fingerprints". I hope this turns out to be a genuine discovery that will show yet another side of the Lord's creation. Something that concerns me though is that I could easily see a Christian (or anyone really) taking this in a Word of Faith way. That is, I bet someone could easily say "Hey look, Dr. Emoto proved that words and even thoughts affect our physical reality so I'm going to speak my reality into existence - so I'm not sick anymore" or something along those lines. I could also see someone saying "Here is another evidence that 'All is One' or All is God' since the earth and even humans are made up of water" in favor of pantheism. It also makes me think about relativism because if I keep saying positive things to the water to make it more pure (as Dr. Emoto claims) I wonder what would happen if someone said something I thought was positive but someone else thought was more negative like "Your the best thing that I could ever give myself mr. glass of water", would the water be affected positively because it's being complimented or would it be affected negatively because the best thing for me is really God and saying anything else is being false and therefore negative. Hmmm

Something I read once called the "Flat Earth Christian Syndrome" is when something is scientifically discovered but Christians drag our feet being carefull not to fall into deceit, wait it out, weigh it against Scripture and then after a number of months or years finally accept and embrace it. This is what many Christians did when the notion of a Round Earth instead of a Flat Earth was introduced. It makes me wonder if this dicovery by Dr. Emoto will be controversial for a number of years and then end up being accepted and embraced.

I guess I should look into it a bit more before I ask a question about it... :D
“The Underground Church is a poor and suffering church, but it has few lukewarm members.” - Richard Wurmbrand

Michelle

Post by Michelle » Tue Aug 25, 2009 9:11 pm

johnb wrote:To be honest, I am usually very open to "findings" or "discoveries" because I do think there is more out there to be explored and I also think all discoveries will show the Lord's "fingerprints". I hope this turns out to be a genuine discovery that will show yet another side of the Lord's creation. Something that concerns me though is that I could easily see a Christian (or anyone really) taking this in a Word of Faith way. That is, I bet someone could easily say "Hey look, Dr. Emoto....

First of all, Dr. Emoto sounds like the sensitive counterpart to Mr. Roboto.

Something that concerns me though is that I could easily see a Christian (or anyone really) taking this in a Word of Faith way. That is, I bet someone could easily say "Hey look, Dr. Emoto proved that words and even thoughts affect our physical reality so I'm going to speak my reality into existence - so I'm not sick anymore" or something along those lines. I could also see someone saying "Here is another evidence that 'All is One' or All is God' since the earth and even humans are made up of water" in favor of pantheism.

Perhaps, if this proves to be true, some easily distracted Christians could fall into those silly doctrines. The sad thing is that lots of people buy into the very heresies you mentioned, anyway.

It also makes me think about relativism because if I keep saying positive things to the water to make it more pure (as Dr. Emoto claims) I wonder what would happen if someone said something I thought was positive but someone else thought was more negative like "Your the best thing that I could ever give myself mr. glass of water", would the water be affected positively because it's being complimented or would it be affected negatively because the best thing for me is really God and saying anything else is being false and therefore negative. Hmmm

I've wondered that about happening with the idea of positive confession, too. What if two positive confessions cancel each other out?

Something I read once called the "Flat Earth Christian Syndrome" is when something is scientifically discovered but Christians drag our feet being carefull not to fall into deceit, wait it out, weigh it against Scripture and then after a number of months or years finally accept and embrace it. This is what many Christians did when the notion of a Round Earth instead of a Flat Earth was introduced. It makes me wonder if this dicovery by Dr. Emoto will be controversial for a number of years and then end up being accepted and embraced.

Is it a foolish or dangerous thing to wait for a while before embracing a new scientific (or whatever) theory? Say, for instance, it does turn out to be true that you can change water molecules (Is that what the idea is? You said crystals, so is it only ice, or something?) I suppose one of the implications would be that undrinkable water could be made pure just by speaking to it. That seems like it would take a lot of time to figure out, plus trial and error. Otherwise, wouldn't the word of faithers have stumbled onto this by now? So, to me, if Christians take a "wait and see" attitude, it's not as silly as a "dragging your feet" attitude which I think means holding back on some beneficial advances.

I guess I should look into it a bit more before I ask a question about it... :D

Why? I think you asked great and thought provoking questions. :)

darinhouston

Post by darinhouston » Tue Aug 25, 2009 9:27 pm

I'm REALLLY rolling my eyes... it's already a "movement" of all things!

http://www.hado-energie.nl/hado_products.php

TK

Post by TK » Thu Aug 27, 2009 6:49 pm

I just pulled this off the Bethel Chruch website (in Redding, CA). I was wondering if you all feel this relates at all to the topic at hand. I happen to agree with what the article puts forth:
It is important for us to realize that when we declare God’s Kingdom coming, we are releasing Heaven to earth with our words. In fact, the Bible tells us that we have the power of life and death in our tongues (Proverbs 18:21, James 2). The reason Jesus warned us that we would be judged according to the words we speak is that our words make a difference in people’s lives and circumstances — our words can either curse or release the Kingdom to bring blessing.

Recently, I was backpacking in the Tahoe Desolation Wilderness area with some of the other pastors of Bethel Church. As we arrived at the trailhead, we were told by a group of guys who had just finished a week in the wilderness that we would not catch any fish. Everyone they met had shared the same sad tale. Without hesitation, I declared, “But we have favor!” Everyone laughed.

Amazingly, when we arrived at the first lake, the first cast produced a miraculous 14-inch rainbow trout! In fact, we caught so many fish every day that anything under 12 inches was thrown back. They were so plump that we were able to filet them into trout steaks. Each delectable bite resulted in rowdy rejoicing as we were reminded of the extreme favor we had experienced from God through a simple off-the-cuff declaration.

It is important to keep in mind that our words, like those of Jesus, have authority. Often, Jesus simply spoke to a situation or circumstance and Heaven invaded and brought change. In Matthew 8:26, He spoke to the storm, and the wind and the waves stopped. The disciples responded, “What kind of man is this? Even the winds and the waves obey him!”

The Roman centurion understood the authority Jesus carried when he said, “Just say the word and my servant will be healed. Jesus declared, “Go! It will be done just as you believed it would (Matthew 8:5-13).”

Jesus spoke to the paralytic, saying, “Pick up your mat and walk,” and the man did so and was healed. Jesus stood outside Lazarus’ tomb and spoke, “Come forth,” and Lazarus was raised from the dead. Our words (our declarations) create an avenue by which Heaven’s resources and power are released.

I’ll never forget an occasion in which a woman, who was completely bald and gaunt from many radiation chemotherapy treatments, approached me at a conference at Bethel. She explained that the doctors told her that they could do nothing else for her, and that she had approximately one month left to live. I immediately looked her in the eyes and declared, “I don’t even need to pray for you. The glory of God is all over you, you’re going to be just fine!” I went on to explain that my declaration over her was in response to a gift of faith that had come to me as I heard about the destiny of doom the doctors had declared over her.

Five months later, at another Bethel conference, a shorthaired woman approached me with a grin from ear to ear. She jubilantly shared that she was the woman I had declared life over. Thanking me profusely, she shared that not only was she obviously still alive, but she had no cancer in her body to the amazement of the doctors!

As royal priests, representing God on earth, our declarations make a difference. Our declarations determine our destiny and the destiny of those around us. Our declarations unlock Heaven.

steve7150

Post by steve7150 » Sun Oct 25, 2009 7:31 am

It is important to keep in mind that our words, like those of Jesus, have authority. Often, Jesus simply spoke to a situation or circumstance and Heaven invaded and brought change. In Matthew 8:26, He spoke to the storm, and the wind and the waves stopped. The disciples responded, “What kind of man is this? Even the winds and the waves obey him!”

Jesus spoke as God was described speaking by Paul in Rom 4 "speaking of things that are not yet as though they are" like calling Abram, Abraham a father of nations long before he was. People will say , sure Jesus can but we are not Jesus. However he had become a man like us and did his miracles through the Holy Spirit not necessarily because he was the Son of God.

Return to “New Age Spirituality”