Spiders & Stuff

Introduce yourself, get to know others, and commune with one another!
Suzana

Spiders & Stuff

Post by Suzana » Sat Oct 23, 2010 12:13 am

I just posted a video about spiders on facebook for a friend, then logged on here...and was slightly amused to find myself next to "Baidu [Spider]" at the registered users online spot :?
Suzana

selah

Re: Spiders & Stuff

Post by selah » Sat Oct 23, 2010 1:32 am

Suzana wrote:I just posted a video about spiders on facebook for a friend, then logged on here...and was slightly amused to find myself next to "Baidu [Spider]" at the registered users online spot :?
And I just got on facebook for the first time in "forever" and added you as a friend, thanks for asking :D and now I'm making a quick stop at TNP to see you again...just hanging with the spiders 8-)
Jesus said, "I in them and you in Me, that they may be made perfect in one, and that the world may know that you have sent Me, and have loved them as You have loved Me." John 17:23

selah

Post by selah » Sat Oct 23, 2010 1:42 am

by the way, since this thread is about "...& Stuff" I have a question. How does one find (I tried "Google" already) an Internet provider for a very rural area. It can't be dial-up or DSL; it must be a mobile thing, like CricKet is a small modem that you can take anywhere (you get "reception") and plug into the laptop. That is what I have now, but it doesn't work where I live now. I tried to find a company by googling some terms/words, but couldn't find what I'm looking for. Got any company names? I would love to be online at home so I could listen to the archived TNP shows and visit on the forum...I want to visit with you and so many more! Thanks! :)
Jesus said, "I in them and you in Me, that they may be made perfect in one, and that the world may know that you have sent Me, and have loved them as You have loved Me." John 17:23

Suzana

Post by Suzana » Sat Oct 23, 2010 6:39 am

Hi Selah,

hmm...I have names & helpful websites, unfortunately they are all in Australia... :(
...hopefully some others here will have some suggestions.

But I would think that if you did a search on 'mobile broadband' something should turn up, or 'compare wireless internet' and perhaps 'broadband coverage' should have sites indicating coverage for your area.

Another way may be if you asked the locals what works in your area, or neighbours if there are any nearby?
Suzana

Paidion

Post by Paidion » Sat Oct 23, 2010 11:15 am

We live in a "a very rural area", 240 acres of mostly bushland --- closest neighbour a half mile away. Tbaytel has a tower a little more than 6 miles away, and we are able to get a strong enough signal to do well with high speed internet. Those who are located too far from a tower to receive a signal, may have Tbaytel put up a private "tower" which will enable them to receive a stronger signal from a Tbaytel tower. At first Tbaytel thought we needed such a "tower", but then discovered we were receiving a strong enough signal without one.
Paidion

Man judges a person by his past deeds, and administers penalties for his wrongdoing. God judges a person by his present character, and disciplines him that he may become righteous.

Avatar shows me at 75 years old. I am now 83.

Michelle

Post by Michelle » Sat Oct 23, 2010 12:12 pm

Suzana wrote:I just posted a video about spiders on facebook for a friend, then logged on here...and was slightly amused to find myself next to "Baidu [Spider]" at the registered users online spot :?
I watched your video. :shock: Between the snakes and spiders of Australia, I'm not sure I ever want to visit...

Suzana

Post by Suzana » Sat Oct 23, 2010 6:34 pm

aww Michelle...where's your sense of adventure! :D
Suzana

Return to “The Courtyard”