Hello!

Introduce yourself, get to know others, and commune with one another!
Jason

Re: Hello!

Post by Jason » Thu Aug 28, 2008 3:31 pm

I first met Steve at a pie eating contest, which I clearly won. He then accused me of being "a total newb" as well as "eschatologically challenged." I told him that was nonsense and then googled "eschatological" because I had idea what it meant. That led me to some of his MP3s and I became a fan.

Or maybe I heard him on Hank's show and became impressed with his partial-preterist view on the end times and went to the Narrow Path to find out more information.

I downloaded his first lecture on Revelation (since I'd just heard him on Hank talking about it) and found him too verbose and dry. I stopped mid-way through and said "I just can't listen to this guy, he's too repetitive." Weeks later I'd read a passage in Revelation I was curious about so I went back to Steve's site and listened to the series, wanting an answer. Well, after that series his style of teaching began to grow on me. Four years later I've heard almost all his teachings on the NP and Digital Ministries websites and have exposed my friends to his lectures. I owe a great deal to Steve and others like him, who passionately give all they can, without charge.

StephenPatrick

Post by StephenPatrick » Thu Sep 04, 2008 9:43 pm

Goodevening everybody,

It's been probably a year since I've written anything at the other forum, but I'm always reading and learning from everyone here. While I've never met Steve personally, I'd like to tell you how I was introduced to his teachings. A writer of two books, both of them on the tribulation and rapture, gave me Steve's website after asking him about Genesis 12:3 and Israel. For quite a few years the answer I always seemed to get from preachers and teachers and friends, who were more likely pre-trib, somehow didn't fit with quite a bit of scripture. My friend said the best study he had ever heard on the topic was Steve Gregg. That was a couple of years ago and I've been hooked ever since. Michelle said earlier that "Steve presents his thoughts in such a logical manner; I find his lectures very easy to follow." Amen to that. I really do enjoy coming here and reading the great answers to the tough questions. I very much like the sense of respect given to everyone, nothing haughty or pious, but kindness.
So, if you sense someone lurking over your shoulder some night here, it's probably me.
Blessings,
StephenPatrick

Suzana

Post by Suzana » Fri Sep 05, 2008 6:59 am

Hello again, everyone.

I stumbled upon Steve’s teaching on the three views of hell quite inadvertently, online, and found it very enlightening; I was looking into the subject at the time, and was pleasantly surprised to find that alternate views are not necessarily heretical, but held by evangelical Christians, and scripturally based.
I also really enjoyed Steve’s teaching style; a few months later, I had a stray thought and wondered if perhaps he had any other teachings available somewhere. All I had was a name, which I googled, and was led to the Narrow Path site. And lo and behold, found just a few more mp3s to download….

That’s how I came to be here, and learning lots of different stuff. That’s in addition to the excellent teaching we have at our (house) church, though we don’t cover such diverse subjects.
I’m finding Steve’s teachings a real blessing, and am very grateful for their availability. I enjoy the interaction we have here but probably also read more than write.

- At the start I think I felt a little bit lost in this brand new home though, maybe it was all the empty rooms, but they’re starting to fill up now, and feel more lived in..

Great effort guys in setting it up, thank you! 8-)

Sue
Suzana

Return to “The Courtyard”