Hello!

Introduce yourself, get to know others, and commune with one another!
Sean

Hello!

Post by Sean » Mon Aug 25, 2008 10:03 pm

Hello, my name is Sean. Glad to meet you all, again. (Is this what were suppose to say here Rick) ;)

I just didn't want the courtyard to be without any posts. :mrgreen: So welcome all new members!
He will not fail nor be discouraged till He has established justice in the earth. (Isaiah 42:4)

Michelle

Re: Hello!

Post by Michelle » Mon Aug 25, 2008 10:15 pm

Hey Sean! You're right, an empty courtyard is a sad thing.

I like this smilie, but why is it green? :mrgreen:

Allyn

Post by Allyn » Mon Aug 25, 2008 11:17 pm

Hi all, I wish I had brought some small shrubs and flowers. No court yard should be without them.

christopher

Post by christopher » Tue Aug 26, 2008 12:42 am

You guys still haven't told me where my room is... :?

(Michelle, I think this the best smiley :? , and he's got a healthy yellow glow...I'd stay away from the green ones, that's indicative of mold ;) )

Jason

Post by Jason » Tue Aug 26, 2008 6:35 am

Christopher, your room is the one marked "Moderator." Sorry, I had to use crayons since Steve G said printed signs were not "environmentally friendly." :geek:

TK

Post by TK » Tue Aug 26, 2008 8:31 am

way out of my comfort zone.

TK

darinhouston

Post by darinhouston » Tue Aug 26, 2008 9:43 pm

Ahhhhhh.......

Everything seems so fresh and clean !

featheredprop

Post by featheredprop » Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:28 am

Hey ... I finally made it.

Nice new place you have here Steve ...

peace,

dane
"...the hope of the whole world rests on the shoulders of a homeless man" Rich Mullins

RickC

Post by RickC » Wed Aug 27, 2008 11:50 am

Good to see you all.

I have a Worldview.
(You do too, but never mind that for now)...;)

I first heard Steve Gregg on Hank Hanegraaff's radio show. I think it was 2004. Steve was speaking about eschatology. He and I are former dispensationalists and current amillenialists/partial-preterists.

I googled "The Narrow Path" as Steve's radio program (of the same name) was mentioned on Hank. From there I found FBFF (the now old "Family Bible Fellowship Forum") and have posted there since late 2005, if I'm not mistaken. Since then I've listened to a majority of Steve's free mp3 lectures. They've been a good overview of stuff I learned in Bible college...(and more). Thanks Steve, if you see this! :)

I enjoy posting and doing "live chats" on the web for fellowship as there aren't that many Christians I know in person who like to really "dig" into the Bible and theology (I do know almost a handful, however)! :)

I've gotten to know some "FBFF folks" fairly well via posting, emails, and chatrooms.

Welcome to anyone new here and, if you'd like, you can post your own "Greetings" thread (or just say Hi here).

Jesus Reigns!
Rick

P.S., TK
Dude, you crack me up, man! :D

Michelle

Post by Michelle » Wed Aug 27, 2008 2:19 pm

So...we're telling how we met Steve and ended up at this forum, are we?

I knew Steve when I was in junior high shcool, but I don't have a clear recollection of meeting him. I just kind of became aware of him because he and my brother used to hang around together when they were in high school. We went to the same church until Steve moved away and started attending Calvary Chapel, although he used to come back to teach a bible study for young people that I remember very well - I was 16 or 17 and he was an old married man...

Fast forward many, many years to a rainy day in 2004, I think, when out of boredom I was googling Calvary Chapel pastors to see if I could find pictures of them so I could know what they look like. I remembered that Steve went to Calvary Chapel back in the 1970's, so I googled his name as well and found his website and soon the discussion forum. I enjoy listening to his teaching mp3s, as well as the daily radio program. I like the way he presents his thoughts in such a logical manner; I find his lectures very easy to follow. Since we were educated in the same school system, maybe we were taught the same way of thinking...I dunno whether that's good or bad, however. The timing in 2004 was perfect because I was really questioning the pretrib/premillenial eschatology I had been taught and was happy to learn there was another view that made a lot more sense.

I enjoy the interaction with people on this message board (and theologyweb as well) although I like to read much more than I like to post. I find this an interesting way to fellowship and believe I've made some good friends along the way! I'm looking forward to much more reading and a little more posting. :D

Michelle

Return to “The Courtyard”