Hey, Michelle

Introduce yourself, get to know others, and commune with one another!
Suzana

Hey, Michelle

Post by Suzana » Wed Nov 19, 2008 3:36 pm

Hi,
I've been meaning to say, I love your avatar - is it by one of your students? It's so innocently sweet & childlike.

"Dear God, I think about you sometimes even when I'm not praying - Elliott"

(I tried to copy it into my post in case you change it, but it didn't work!).
Suzana

Michelle

Re: Hey, Michelle

Post by Michelle » Wed Nov 19, 2008 8:55 pm

Hi Suzana,

No, it's not from one of my students. My son's girlfriend sent me an email with cute notes that children wrote to God in Sunday School. They're all written on the white board, like the one in my avatar, and to me, they seem to really be in children's handwriting, so I think they're truly written by kids. They're all very cute, but some of them are the same stuff I've heard before, "Thanks for the baby brother, but I prayed for a puppy," and, "It must be hard to love the whole world; I only have 4 people in my family and I can never do it," and so on.

I agree with you that the one in my avatar is sweet and childlike, yet that's how I feel sometimes and I'm still amazed that I think about God so much. Thanks for mentioning my avatar! :)

Suzana

Re: Hey, Michelle

Post by Suzana » Thu Nov 20, 2008 5:11 am

Thanks, Michelle.
My daughter also often emails me stuff that's funny, cute or interesting. Like -(you may have seen a similar thing) - a list of questions 2nd graders were asked about their mums; I like this one:
Why did God give you your mother and not some other Mum?
1. We're related.
2. God knew she likes me a lot more than other people's Mums like me.

Very occasionally a few (just slightly) questionable items slip through, I think she passes them on from her friends & forgets to censor them for mum!
(Better not give an example :lol: ).
Suzana

Return to “The Courtyard”