The New World Order

Introduce yourself, get to know others, and commune with one another!
selah

Re: The New World Order

Post by selah » Sun Aug 09, 2009 7:22 am

Freeindeed wrote:
The New World Order officially announced at the G20 Summit is beyond a shadow of a doubt, The Beast. Christian, Its here.
Freeindeed, I hope you read this and help me understand something. I admit a weakness in myself and want to overcome it. I was raised Seventh Day Adventist and for about 50 years, a close family member has warned me many, many, many times about "The Beast." I'm not contesting whether the Beast is "here" or not.

The warnings, et.al. that I listened to as a child and now as an adult, have left me unsettled and admittedly, tempted to worry. Since worry is a sin and I don't want to sin, can you share some Biblical texts to help a person NOT worry while putting focus on "The Beast?" Further, what Bible verses support the importance of Christians knowing about and warning one another about the current "conspiracy?"

I am reluctant to go to your website to look for answers because I don't want to worry. Perhaps others don't respond in this way, but I admit to being subject to worry, since I have recognized this in myself while being systematically warned throughout my life. I have never known what to do about the warnings. In the past few years, I have asked my family member for her purpose in sharing the warnings and her answer is always connected to "get ready for Jesus' coming."

However, I don't understand how knowing about a conspiracy helps anyone "get ready." My family member says she wants to motivate the lost to come to Christ. In my mind, the reason to come to Christ is because of His lovingkindness, since it is His lovingkindness that draws men to repentance. Having said all of this, I realize that your reasons for warning may be different. Can you elaborate on what your reasons are??

I have explained to my family member the reason for me NOT to research and learn about conspiracies and the beast is because I came upon teachings such as is mentioned in Romans 5:3-5.

"And not only that, but we also glory in tribulations, knowing that tribulation produces perseverence; and perseverance, character; and character, hope, Now hope does not disappoint, because the love of God has been poured into our hearts by the Holy Spirit who was given to us."

I explained to my family member that His hope is in the love of God poured into our hearts, which undoubtedly results in both Christ believers and non-believers being blessed. In other words, witnessing and drawing the lost to Jesus is effectively achieved through His character and love poured in our hearts, and then overflowing into the lives of others.

Even with our attempts to unite, there remains a tension between myself and this family member because we seem to be coming to the scriptures from different perspectives.

Why do you research and warn about the conspiracy and beast? Is your reason different from my family member's reason? Please help me understand this; I am sincerely trying to understand all scripture. Thank you for considering my concern.

God bless! :)
Jesus said, "I in them and you in Me, that they may be made perfect in one, and that the world may know that you have sent Me, and have loved them as You have loved Me." John 17:23

kiharaikido

Post by kiharaikido » Thu Aug 20, 2009 9:35 am

Hello all,
I too am new to the forum, but I wanted to add to this post.
I take Revelation as the apocalyptic writing that it was intended to be taken as, so I don't buy into the beast or any such notion. Even if I did, I would not be concerned with his coming since it was pre-ordained and theoretically unstoppable. I do, however, disagree with the notion that Christians should ignore politics in an effort to keep focused on God. Without sparking a new debate on Romans, I take Romans 13 literally. To submit to our government, as ordained by God, is to submit to the Constitution since it is the boundaries that define our government. If the government acts outside the bounds of 'parchment and ink' then it is acting unlawfully. Man is fallen and our government is mostly controlled by unbelievers. Unbelievers are the domain of Satan. Who then controls politics? If we ignore our rights as citizens, we may forfeit our rights to be Christians. Without going into specific policies on the table, Christians need to pay more attention to the rights God has given us to spread His Gospel without fear of persecution.

Brent
Brent

selah

Post by selah » Thu Aug 20, 2009 5:27 pm

Earlier this morning I read the latest post on this thread and thought about how inept my previous post was in conveying my ideas on the subject. Then just now, I listened to Steve Gregg's answer to a TNP questioner who asked what Steve believes about the "end of the world." His answer reflected exactly how I see the scripture. I'm sure I couldn't paraphrase accurately what he said but his answer gave me ideas. I hope to clarify my prior post.

The most important aspect of the Christian life is to be in obedience to Jesus' commands. Jesus commanded that His followers abide in His word. By doing this, we learn more and more what Jesus wants us to think and do. Then, Paul says we will be transformed by the word and the Spirit will bear fruit in our lives. The most refreshing, truely the most beautiful thing that ever happened in my life was coming to find that Christianity is about an inward transformation in one's soul that leads to growth of the fruit of the Spirit, displayed through the gifts of the Spirit. Sadly, most people that I have known who research and teach about the beast, the New World Order, and the soon "end of the world" have excluded these important truthes from their conversation and teachings.

Again from my limited experience, I have known people who think that "the end of the world" subject will somehow make others want to become a Christian. However, it does little to bring about true conversion. It may cause people to "convert" to a set of behaviors, but this falls short of relating to our Lord in the beauty of His holiness! More likely, people simply turn a deaf ear to the drama of end-times warnings, leaving them unlearned and uninterested in the subject of Jesus Christ. This is very disappointing since the whole point of Christianity is to live in Jesus--not in end-times events.

kiharaikido wrote:
I do, however, disagree with the notion that Christians should ignore politics in an effort to keep focused on God.
We need to understand the times in which we live and certainly, we want to keep political movements from destroying American freedom, but if the Beast is inevitable, what good is to become of years and years of seeking it? After all, it is a moving target. For example, in my short lifetime, I have been indoctrinated with several theories, only to have the theory debunked for a new one....and then a few years later, yet another one. I didn't adhere to (buy into, or believe) all of these theories, but I certainly was taught as a child and encouraged as a young adult to be more focused on "the coming deluge" (to borrow a phrase from an old Jackson Brown song) than on abiding in a loving, submissive relationship with the Lord. I stumbled over this distraction and it cost me years of knowing, loving and following Jesus! :( (sincerely :( )

While I want to hear the latest news, I want more to "keep focused on God." I think the current (since the early 1840's) focus on "end times" is a distraction among Christians that keeps us from thinking about and doing what Jesus wants us to do, such as loving one another in observable, practical, and miraculous ways. In addition, as long as the popular press from Christians (the questioner on TNP today said there are many books "out there" on the subject) is preoccupied with the drama of end-times conversation, non-Christians and baby Christians will be easily distracted too. (Not to be-labor the mention of money spent on research, writing and buying books like the Left Behind series and study books, etc., but have you ever wondered how God feels as He sees our fascination with "end times?")

I wonder if there is a thread on this forum where "Priorities From the Heart of God" are discussed. I wonder if this thread would list "The New World Order" and "The Beast" as His priority. After all, you may be thinking that His word does, in fact, talk about "the Beast" so it must do so for a reason. However, do you think it receives more--or less--priority than God wants it to receive?

God bless!
Jesus said, "I in them and you in Me, that they may be made perfect in one, and that the world may know that you have sent Me, and have loved them as You have loved Me." John 17:23

MessianicJew

Post by MessianicJew » Tue Aug 10, 2010 7:08 pm

Hi Chris and Danny. My name is Robert and I was born and raised Jewish. I haven't looked at the link you posted Chris. But I would like to say, that Danny has a great point. I've been saved 22 years, and Ive caught references from various leaders about "The New World Order" as well. I think that we should be "about our Father's business", now more than ever. I agree with Danny. These times we are in are spoken of in Revelation. These things are bound to happen, God ordained it. While it's good to be aware of what is going on, we should study the Truth so we can reconize the false. We must "work while it is still day". This forum is a blessing and I've gained much insight from Steve as well. Let's take care of our Father's business first and formost.
Isaiah 52:6 "Therefore my people will know my name; therefore in that day they will know that it is I who foretold it. Yes, it is I".

Return to “The Courtyard”