Connection to Steve/ The Narrow Path

Introduce yourself, get to know others, and commune with one another!
darinhouston

Re: Connection to Steve/ The Narrow Path

Post by darinhouston » Sat Oct 03, 2009 10:21 pm

darinhouston wrote:
TK wrote:
45 minute commute to and from work and mp3 cds, baby. that's how it is done. i've listened to hundreds of hours of steve's teachings this way.

TK
iPod in my pocket -- 10 minute walks through parking lots and elevators, sitting in reception areas, Houston traffic, etc.
Oh, yeah, my wife and I did Eschatology together sitting on the front porch in the evenings with a glass of wine when the kids were still babies and we weren't so exhausted in the evenings. That was pretty easy.

anochria

Post by anochria » Sat Oct 03, 2009 11:14 pm

Glad to see this thread has seen a revival! Great stories. :lol:
Pastor Josh Coles, Aletheia Christian Fellowship
Visit the Aletheia Discussion Forums

thirdwoe

Post by thirdwoe » Thu Feb 25, 2010 2:25 am

Hello all,

My name is Charles, but I have went by the name "Chuck" most of my adult life (Chuckie while a child, until teen years)...now I use the form Charley, since I started a new music project called "Asherah Poles In Avalanche" which can be investigated here:
http://www.reverbnation.com/asherahpolesinavalanche

I live in the Santa Cruz area and I am a "route driver" for a pro photo lab in Santa Cruz. So I listen to the radio allot while driving the route.

Well, one day while listening to the local Christian AM station here in the Santa Cruz area, I heard a guy taking calls and talking about the Bible. And I was at once taken with the low-key mannerism of the host, who I knew nothing about. I liked his demeanour and his patient down to earth way he approached teaching and discussing the Bible and Spiritual things in general.

I listened for a few days one week, then another few days the next week, never getting through a whole hour program. And I remember thinking that this guy is too good to be true, there has to be something wrong somewhere.... But my cynicism was slowly eroded by his careful way in which he approached the Bible and as I learned more about him, I realised that I found a dear and real Disciple of Jesus.

Then one day, he announced that my very dearest musician, Larry Norman had passed away, and he played a song of Larry's on the program. I wept.

Then a few days later, I heard him talking about a Bible study he was doing in a house near where I lived...so I had to go and check it out. And what I found was the current life of an original "Jesus People" person. The songs, the vibe, the everything, was just as I so long ago cherished in 1980-1984 when I has involved with the tail end of the "Jesus Movement"...going to concerts of Keith Green and The 2nd Chapter of Acts and Servant and Larry Norman.

More later-
"You can be a Righteous Rocker or a Holy Roller, you can be most anything, you can be a Leon Russel or a Supper Muscle...but without love, you aint nothin'.." Larry Norman

thirdwoe

Post by thirdwoe » Thu Feb 25, 2010 2:51 am

More now-

So, I was very exited to have found people, whom I had thought were long gone...Meaning "Jesus People", as I hadn't ran across one in many moons.

Well, since those Thurday night Bible studies... I have become a regular listener to the Narrow Path radio program, and have attended (a few times) the Monday night Bible study in Salinas that Steve (Hi Steve) teaches, and have been going (not the last few weeks though) to the Tuesday night Bible study in Santa Cruz where Steve also teaches in the book of Luke (I need to get back there!)... Also, I have been attending the Wen night Bible class that Steve is currently teaching on Discipleship called "Genuinley Following Jesus", which is fantastic and very challenging.

I'm sure you all know, but I knew very soon, that Steve had the gift of teaching straight from the Holy Spirit. There was no getting around the fact...and I wanted to partake of that gift and learn all that the Holy Spirit wanted me to learn, and unlearn for that matter.

You see, I need to unlearn a few things. Maybe like some of you, I have been through some weird religious stuff and am in need of a good brain washing if you know what I mean!

We'll thanks to The Holy Spirit & His vessel, Steve Gregg... my mind is being washed with the water of The Word of God. And I am starting to think straight again, like I was in 1980-1984.

I thank the Lord for Steve Gregg and the Ministry that God has him doing for the Body of Christ.

May the Lord continue to bless Steve in his Teaching Ministry and upcoming Bible and Discipleship School. Though I won’t be able to attend in class, I will be there in Spirit and will be tuning in to the (hopefully) POD Casts on the Narrow Path Website.

I am looking forward to talking to anyone here who would like to talk.

Blessings,
Charley
Last edited by thirdwoe on Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"You can be a Righteous Rocker or a Holy Roller, you can be most anything, you can be a Leon Russel or a Supper Muscle...but without love, you aint nothin'.." Larry Norman

RickC

Post by RickC » Thu Feb 25, 2010 6:14 am

Getting better at googling; I nailed the exact dates.
Mon/Tues, Oct. 18-19, 2004
Bible Answer Man

'Am thinking several of us; those were the dates.
Were mine.

God bless Steve, and y'all! :)

thrombomodulin

Post by thrombomodulin » Sat Aug 14, 2010 7:54 pm

Rick,

The dates you Steve was on that you mention above are actually Oct 19 and Oct 20, 2004. As far as I recall I first heard Steve on Hank's show when Hank was releasing his book the last disciple. The last disciple is advertised in the Oct 19 broadcast (i'm just listening to it now), so I think Steve was on Hanks show on an earlier date as well. Where were you able to find the dates on a google search? I've been trying to locate the earlier show, but haven't succeeded in my search efforts to identify the broadcast date.

Peter

RickC

Post by RickC » Sat Aug 14, 2010 10:10 pm

Hello Peter -

My last computer fried (in April) and I lost all my stuff.
Actually, the dates probably were Tues-Wed, 19-20 OCT 2004.
(I just found an old announcement on Tweb, theologyweb).
The same programs were rebroadcasted in DEC, if I'm not mistaken.
Anyways, I don't have a link for you (@ all GONE, putr blew up)!

Sorry about that....take care :)

thrombomodulin

Post by thrombomodulin » Sun Aug 15, 2010 9:26 pm

Thanks Rick. I came across that post as well, but that was the only one I could find google searching. Perhaps I'm remembering wrong that there was another appearance of SG on the bible answer man. It's too long ago. My memory is not that good.

steve

Post by steve » Mon Aug 16, 2010 12:22 am

I'd like to be of assistance to you guys on that date, but I am terrible at remembering the dates (and even the years) in which certain things happened in the past. I was on Hank's program three days in a row the first time, and two days in a row about six months later. I think it was about a year after the first time that I was last interviewed on his show, and that was for just one program. I think the dates you have been mentioning may have been the second set of shows. The first would have been, I think, about six months earlier.

ronee

Post by ronee » Mon Aug 16, 2010 10:24 am

oh o.k. i found some action :) i will use emoticons even if they look silly here :) well i have a long interesting story on this topic that i do not have time to tell you now...i will be back...it goes back to 1982 or 3ish...

Return to “The Courtyard”