Meeting Oregon TNP Radio and Forum Friends

Introduce yourself, get to know others, and commune with one another!
selah

Meeting Oregon TNP Radio and Forum Friends

Post by selah » Sun Feb 14, 2010 3:13 am

Hi,

Friday night I felt disappointed in myself for not saying anything about my plans. I could have pm-ed.

As I sat in the audience listening to Steve's McMinnville, Oregon presentation, I soon began to wonder what Jill looks like, and what kaufmannphillips looks like and then, what Homer looks like. These three are the only people that I know by name who are from Oregon, although I am sure there are others. On the way home I thought maybe Christopher, the atheist (Is he a Christian yet?! :D ) caller to the program, might have attended too. I would have enjoyed shaking his hand. And now I think of Michael, the gentleman from Russia? or the Ukrain? I always like to hear his "take" on the SDA religion, history, and his testimony....

Jill, if you were there, I'm so sorry I missed you. Someday I want to greet you with sisterly love.

kaufmannphillips, I hoped we would be able to discuss the different languages you speak, and the fact that I want to learn one or more...depending upon how much time I have.

Homer, I had no reason to speak with you, but I have always appreciated your posts. You seem to find a way to send a blessing in each post, and I always enjoy listening to your conversations on the radio, so it would have been nice to shake your hand too.

There is one other person I wanted to meet! She is the lady who called TNP and shared that she was struggling with her third diagnosis of cancer. I have wondered for months how she is doing. Does anyone remember her name? It seems like it was Veronica or something like that. I wanted to go see her and encourage her. It must be awful to fight cancer three times.

Anyway, in years past I've gone to a few presentations and potlucks to listen to Steve Gregg before. I so enjoyed the folks I met and fellowship with (from the Albany area) and I still remember a specific answer that helped change my life. So being sick this last year has kept me home thinking and pondering The Narrow Path forum and fellowship, as Steve has come and gone on his scheduled Oregon visits. Finally last night, I felt "good" enough to actually attend!

But, I forgot to tell you that I was coming. :cry:

LOL! So just remember how important you have become to me. :D I hope to see you soon. Take care.

Selah* :roll:
Jesus said, "I in them and you in Me, that they may be made perfect in one, and that the world may know that you have sent Me, and have loved them as You have loved Me." John 17:23

steve

Re: Meeting Oregon TNP Radio and Forum Friends

Post by steve » Sun Feb 14, 2010 9:27 am

Hi Selah,

I saw you there. I don't think any of the others you mentioned were present. I don't know if I have ever seen kaufmannphillips (Emmet) at my meetings, though he used to come around after the meetings to chat when he was a student in McMinnville (in the 90s). I don't think Michael (Romanian) was there, but I have only seen him previously in meetings in Portland. Jill has transportation issues, and generally can't make it to McMinnville. Homer occasionally (but not always) makes the drive to McMinnville. I don't remember the name of the cancer survivor lady, and don't know her by sight, so I can't say whether she was there.

selah

Post by selah » Sun Feb 14, 2010 9:48 am

steve wrote:Hi Selah,

I saw you there. I don't think any of the others you mentioned were present.....I don't remember the name of the cancer survivor lady, and don't know her by sight, so I can't say whether she was there.
Thanks for the update, Steve. Sorry I was late. For the first time ever, I came from Portland as I had business there earlier in the afternoon. Of course, I took a different route and couldn't believe the 5 o'clock traffic didn't clear until after 7 p.m.

Anyway, yours was a great presentation. You convinced me! ;) and I know several new believers and non-believers who will appreciate getting an MP3 someday when it is available. It was really interesting listening to the Q&As too. Thank you for all you do.

Just to let you know in case it comes up in a call, the cancer survivor lady is welcome to contact me. I would like to encourage her and share healing stories with her, if she so desires.

God bless you.
Jesus said, "I in them and you in Me, that they may be made perfect in one, and that the world may know that you have sent Me, and have loved them as You have loved Me." John 17:23

zeke

Post by zeke » Wed Aug 18, 2010 12:44 am

Selah,my name is Paul,though I go by Zeke also. Im from Portland area and myself and sometimes my son Andrew also attend Steves meetings.Perhaps we will see you there next time. I hope your feeling better.God bless,have a great day.

Return to “The Courtyard”