Technical assistance, por favor

Introduce yourself, get to know others, and commune with one another!
Joan

Technical assistance, por favor

Post by Joan » Thu Dec 02, 2010 2:19 pm

Help! I have inadvertently “adjusted” the font on this forum, making it so small that I can’t read it, with the help of a new laptop and what seems to be a self-directed touchpad with a penchant for reformatting (as with this paragraph, for example). It looks as though I may have to exchange the laptop for another one - but meanwhile, how do I go about restoring the forum font to a size I can read?
I’ll have to copy whatever responses are given in order to paste them into a Word document, then enlarge enough to see what it says. Hopefully I’ll be able to find the right blur to fix the settings, once I know what to look for!
Laughing,
Joan

backwoodsman
Location: Not quite at the ends of the earth, but you can see it from here.

Re: Technical assistance, por favor

Post by backwoodsman » Thu Dec 02, 2010 2:37 pm

I assume you're using Internet Explorer, which I haven't used in some years, but I think the keyboard shortcuts for text size are more or less standardized. Ctrl + and Ctrl - should increase/decrease the text size. If you're on a laptop you may have to use the Fn key to get to your +/- keys; it may not work with the +/- keys on the top row. If that doesn't work, there should be something on a menu that'll do it, probably on the View menu.

Dan

Joan

Re: Technical assistance, por favor

Post by Joan » Thu Dec 02, 2010 4:05 pm

As it turned out, the font size was affected across the board. I couldn't read a thing on any webpage. Ctrl+ fixed it. Thanks Dan. Much appreciated! Joan

Return to “The Courtyard”