What does Matthew want from David

Introduce yourself, get to know others, and commune with one another!
Suzana

What does Matthew want from David

Post by Suzana » Tue Feb 08, 2011 3:23 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iS_Om4jN ... r_embedded

SteveF said:
Matt, I thought your intern had some insightfull comments on The Shack in this video :)

mattrose said:
Haha, good find Steve! We made some silly videos over the last 6 months :)
Matt, that's a clever & funny video. But your comment threw me, I was nearly to the end before I realized there was an underlying parallel. Plus, it was early morning & coffee hadn't kicked in yet. :roll:
Suzana

mattrose

Re: What does Matthew want from David

Post by mattrose » Wed Feb 09, 2011 12:29 pm

Haha, thanks

Yeah, I actually used that video as an intro to a sermon I gave using 4 simple images

Image 1- a circle with "I" in the middle and "Him" on the outside of the circle representing a life that doesn't want anything to do with God.

Image 2- a circle with "I" in the middle and a number of equal slices (like a pie) cut out. One of the slices has the "Him" representing the person that wants God to be a piece of their life, but nothing more.

Image 3- a circle with the "I" in the middle and 1 really big slice (maybe 51%) which contained the "Him" representing the person who tries to make God their top priority.

Image 4- a circle with the "I" in the middle surrounded by an "H" and an "M" (thus, making the word HIM in the middle" and then a number of slice around that.

The point (terribly complex in text form, but pretty simple in image form) was that the first 3 images are inappropriate relationships to God. God should not be ignore, should not be a piece of our life, and should not even be our top priority. He should be at the center of our life and affect all the so called "pieces."

But the video was fun to make in its own right :)

featheredprop

Re: What does Matthew want from David

Post by featheredprop » Thu Feb 10, 2011 12:02 pm

Hey Matt ... great video. But, just like Suzana, I wasn't expecting a little "lesson" from it!

Anyway ... great video!

peace,

dane
"...the hope of the whole world rests on the shoulders of a homeless man" Rich Mullins

Return to “The Courtyard”