Relief Ministries

Introduce yourself, get to know others, and commune with one another!
Joan

Relief Ministries

Post by Joan » Tue Mar 22, 2011 1:40 pm

Is anyone here familiar with the political bent of World Vision? I'd always thought they were thoroughly Christian in their outlook but I recently heard that behind the scenes, they support abortion. Is this true? Not true? Sort'a true? I'm hoping that someone on the forum will be in the know. Thanks!
Last edited by Joan on Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SteveF

Re: Relief Ministries

Post by SteveF » Tue Mar 22, 2011 3:13 pm

Hi Joan, here in Canada the federal government took a strong and very controversial position. In their funding of woman's health in third world countries they would not include the funding of abortions. For many, World Vision Canada was not supportive enough of the Canadian Government's decision, as seen in the article below:

http://anglicansamizdat.wordpress.com/2 ... -abortion/

If you go to the bottom of the article you'll see a response from a WV representative. I would encourage you to contact World Vision yourself and make your own determination about financial support. Who better to ask than the organization itself? It seems to me that WV may not be taking as strong a stand because they are smack in the middle of the suffering and see issues like these as a distraction from saving lives, but I can't speak for them.

Steve

Joan

Re: Relief Ministries

Post by Joan » Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:12 pm

WV's response is reassuring. As long as they are not promoting or supporting abortion I'm fine with their preferring to skirt the issue. Thanks, Steve. And wow, that's great news regarding Canada's decision!
Joan

Return to “The Courtyard”