Good church in Portland OR area?

Introduce yourself, get to know others, and commune with one another!
21centpilgrim

Good church in Portland OR area?

Post by 21centpilgrim » Sun Jan 08, 2012 5:08 pm

transitioning with my family, just started the process of looking for a new home church. Looking for a believers church that is a house of prayer, any size house church -a few hundred. We do have 4 kids.
Thanks
Then those who feared the LORD spoke with each other, and the LORD listened to what they said. In his presence, a scroll of remembrance was written to record the names of those who feared him and loved to think about him.

Kerri

Re: Good church in Portland OR area?

Post by Kerri » Sun Jan 08, 2012 5:41 pm

Are you in Portland proper? I've been trying a church for the past few weeks called "Door of Hope". http://www.doorofhopepdx.org/

It's more geared to young people-most of the folks are 20 something. I'm 44, and I've been taking my teenagers. I really like the challenging sermons and the earnestness the way this church is seeking God for revival in Portland. They even have all night prayer vigils. Their commitment and the pastors ability to preach the word in a clear, challenging way is what I want my kids hearing right now. :)

Kerri

Post by Kerri » Sun Jan 08, 2012 5:41 pm

Though it's not a house church. They meet in a building rented from another church.

21centpilgrim

Post by 21centpilgrim » Sun Jan 08, 2012 6:25 pm

Thanks Kerri, will check it out for sure.
Then those who feared the LORD spoke with each other, and the LORD listened to what they said. In his presence, a scroll of remembrance was written to record the names of those who feared him and loved to think about him.

anochria

Post by anochria » Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:38 am

I pastor a small church in the Portland area. You are more than welcome to drop by- here's our website: http://www.aletheiacf.org A couple other theos or radio show contributors call Aletheia home :D Hope your search goes well wherever you end up :)
Pastor Josh Coles, Aletheia Christian Fellowship
Visit the Aletheia Discussion Forums

21centpilgrim

Post by 21centpilgrim » Thu Apr 03, 2014 11:17 am

Kerri, It has been over 2 years but I just want to say thank you. Door of Hope has been just that. We are involved in the life of the body and in small community too.
God has done much healing in my marriage there and I am not sure you are still there yourself or not but I just wanted to say thanks.

Return to “The Courtyard”