Hi, I'm Perry

Introduce yourself, get to know others, and commune with one another!
wwalkeriv

Re: Hi, I'm Perry

Post by wwalkeriv » Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:24 pm

Perry wrote: Yes, I'm still in Bama... I'm in a small town just south of Cullman, which is straight up I65 from Birmingham.
Small world. I'm in Auburn. I guess I assumed just about everyone on here was from out West.

Perry

Post by Perry » Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:39 pm

Hi Jepne,
Thanks for your comments. Not everything that came from my WCG days was bad. One of the things I remember Herbert W. saying in almost every sermon was something like this: There are basically two ways of life, two philosophies that people choose to live by. There's the way of "Get" and there's the way of "Give". The world lives the way of "Get", but God lives, and wants us to live, the way of "Give".

That's pretty straightforward. Give vs Get. I've found no reason to gainsay that idea.
Jepne wrote: D&R - death and resurrection?
Divorce and Remarriage.

Perry

Post by Perry » Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:42 pm

wwalkeriv wrote: I'm in Auburn. I
Oh, you're one of those guys. ;)

Just kidding. I'm not really much of a football fan either way. Brody is from Georgia, and I'm pretty sure I saw someone who was from Tennessee, but I don't remember who. Some of us here are from God's country. :D

brody196

Post by brody196 » Sun Apr 29, 2012 3:05 pm

wwalkeriv wrote:
Perry wrote: Yes, I'm still in Bama... I'm in a small town just south of Cullman, which is straight up I65 from Birmingham.
Small world. I'm in Auburn. I guess I assumed just about everyone on here was from out West.
Auburn is very close to my town of Richland. We should get together sometimes and have dinner!

wilberteric

Post by wilberteric » Sat Mar 23, 2013 8:36 am

Hello, I'm Eric. I found this website a few month ago and thought I'd join the forum. My theological background is diverse. I was raised "Oneness" Pentecostal, later to join a church that was involved in the Word of Faith Movement. Today I lean in the Reformed Baptist direction, though I still believe in the biblical application of spiritual gifts. I have yet to find a church in my area, or any area for that matter, that comes close my beliefs. I am not currently a member of a church, and I don't attend one particular church consistently.

I've been living in S/W PA for almost three years. It's a little town called Republic, about a hour south of Pittsburgh.
Eric Wilbert

Singalphile

Post by Singalphile » Sat Mar 23, 2013 9:51 am

Greetings, Eric. I've been reading/posting here for about a year, I guess, and I've enjoyed the fellowship and sharing a lot. I'm glad you're here, and I look forward to reading your insight and perspective on things. In Christ. :)
... that all may honor the Son just as they honor the Father. John 5:23

Return to “The Courtyard”