Interested in a Narrow Path Retreat?

Introduce yourself, get to know others, and commune with one another!
mattrose

Interested in a Narrow Path Retreat?

Post by mattrose » Fri Sep 14, 2012 11:14 pm

Hey Guys and Girls :)

I run a retreat for the Western NY district of the Wesleyan Church and I just thought I'd throw out an idea to see if it is of any interest to people (no offense taken if there is none, I assure you).

The retreat happens every year, but will run July 28-August 2 in 2013. It takes place on the beautiful campus of Houghton College. Dorm rooms, flats, and townhouses are available and the college cafeteria (3 all you can eat meals each day) are available for very affordable pricing. There is programming for all ages each morning and evening and the afternoon are totally free to relax and have fun (pool, gym, tennis courts, air conditioned lounges, etc). There are various seminars and bible studies available as well as evening rallies with a guest speaker (to be determined).

My wife and I have worked hard to make this as affordable as possible. Currently, an individual can come from Sunday afternoon till Friday afternoon for just $125 (that includes everything... lodging, all meals, and registration/programming fee). It would be very easy for us to organize a group of 7 or 8 Narrow path listeners into 1 townhouse (or 4 into a flat).

I've been in contact with Steve and he is open to the possibility of coming (though I have to get him more information).

Let me know if anyone is interested or if there are any questions.

RICHinCHRIST

Re: Interested in a Narrow Path Retreat?

Post by RICHinCHRIST » Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:02 pm

I'm definitely interested. As the time draws nearer, perhaps God will direct me there. Do you have to sign up far in advance?

Perry

Post by Perry » Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:32 pm

Count Sharon and I as somewhat interested. July is a bit far away yet for us to give you a 100% commitment at this stage, but that is indeed a very reasonable price. For anyone who couldn't commit to the four-weeks for GCS, this might be just the thing.

mattrose

Post by mattrose » Wed Sep 19, 2012 8:11 am

Registration forms will be available by January 1st. I'll post the link to it at that time. Thanks for your interest!

mattrose

Post by mattrose » Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:53 pm

I can now confirm that Steve Gregg will be in attendance for the week of Refresh Camp (July 28-August 2)!

Steve will be leading the morning Bible study hour (11am).
Lenny Luchetti will be the evening rally preacher http://lennyluchetti.blogspot.com/

Forum members are invited to attend. Registration forms will be available by January 1st (see 1st post)

mattrose

Post by mattrose » Thu Feb 21, 2013 3:27 pm

I wanted to post a link to the registration form and flyer for Refresh Camp

July 28-August 2, 2013 @ Houghton College (Western NY State)
Steve Gregg will be our morning speaker!

REGISTRATION FORM http://www.refreshathoughton.com/Refres ... 202013.pdf
SPEAKERS http://www.refreshathoughton.com/guestspeakers.htm

RICHinCHRIST

Post by RICHinCHRIST » Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:32 pm

Hey, I'm pretty sure me and three friends are going to come for the whole week. Really looking forward to it!

Matt, do you foresee it getting booked up soon? Also, is it possible for all of us to be in the same dorm room on campus?

-Rich

mattrose

Post by mattrose » Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:47 pm

RICHinCHRIST wrote:Hey, I'm pretty sure me and three friends are going to come for the whole week. Really looking forward to it!

Matt, do you foresee it getting booked up soon? Also, is it possible for all of us to be in the same dorm room on campus?

-Rich
That'd be awesome Rich!

As long as you register before June ends, you'll have no problem getting a room.

If you come with 4 people, I'll get you a flat which includes 2 bedrooms (4 beds), a kitchen, living, and bathroom.

Feel free to ask if you have any other questions.

But assuming you all purchased all the meals, your total bill would be $500

mattrose

Post by mattrose » Tue Jul 02, 2013 11:14 am

We are quickly running out of lodging space... so if anyone else is interested in coming to Houghton for Refresh Family Camp (with Steve Gregg!) PM me ASAP and get a registration form in.

mattrose

Post by mattrose » Tue Aug 06, 2013 2:03 am

Refresh camp was a great 5 days. It was so nice to meet Rich and his friends (though I wish I could have spent more time with them... being the director of a camp has its downside). Rich got to sing/play some of his songs one night in the coffee shop and he sounded great. It was so nice to get to spend time with Steve again. In my previous meeting with Steve (5 years ago?), it seemed like I didn't get to spend much time with him at all. But this time I got to spend quite a bit (I even played an old trick and 'got lost' driving so we could have some more time to chat). It was fun to be on 3 different episodes of the show with Steve. But the real treat was meeting Dayna! Good job finding her Steve :)

Return to “The Courtyard”