Nice to be here...

Introduce yourself, get to know others, and commune with one another!
RFCA

Nice to be here...

Post by RFCA » Wed Sep 03, 2008 11:30 pm

Hello everybody!
This is Richard from the Philippines.
I've been a Christian (Jesus is my Lord and King and I follow Him to the best I can/know how) for more than 20yrs now yet I remain undecided on many doctrines. However, i'm trying to cut the number of my indecisions down by lurking around the forum and test/reject/accept nuggets of wisdom from others. But I also throw questions and comments whenever time permits.

I hope everyone from the old forum will already register in our 'new home'.
May be we can put an automatic redirect from the old forum to the new forum.
I also noticed that I'm being logged-out even as I spend my time composing my text. I ended up retyping the text of my post. =(

Blessings to all!

Jason

Re: Nice to be here...

Post by Jason » Thu Sep 04, 2008 11:21 am

Welcome, Richard. Mabuhay!

Michelle

Post by Michelle » Thu Sep 04, 2008 1:52 pm

Hi Richard!

darinhouston

Post by darinhouston » Thu Sep 04, 2008 3:17 pm

RFCA wrote:I also noticed that I'm being logged-out even as I spend my time composing my text. I ended up retyping the text of my post. =(
Yes, greetings -- you might want to compose your text outside of the forum and copy/paste into a message after it's composed. That's what I end up doing much of the time.

RickC

Post by RickC » Thu Sep 11, 2008 7:11 am

Hello Richard,

A few years ago, I met a missionary {online} to PI. He was originally with the Moravian Church but left due to theological liberal influences in it. I haven't been in touch with him for a while. He told me that the Christians in PI really love the Lord...and have faced many tragedies and trying times since he's been there. One was an attempted coup from about five years ago, which was quelled quickly. He had said some "rebels" were spying on his his church but himself and a hired, armed guard who works for his church, snuck up on them while they were asleep with rifles pointed at them {this missionary guy is a former U.S. Marine}. At any rate, they woke the guys up and they like, left, ASAP!

Anyway, nice to meet you, :)

Return to “The Courtyard”