Chris Ardern saying hello rejoining the group

Introduce yourself, get to know others, and commune with one another!
outofher

Chris Ardern saying hello rejoining the group

Post by outofher » Sat Feb 20, 2016 8:34 pm

i'm Chris Ardern, I was a member here 5 years ago. Steve's Youtube study on Zechariah came across my feed and I was so glad to hear him again. There was a time when i was starving for spiritual food sitting in a luke warm seeker church and would depend on the Narrow path for meat.
Since then the Lord has taught me to feed myself through commitment, love of the truth and His revelation. Looking forward to being a part of God is doing here.

Chris

outofher

Re: Chris Ardern saying hello rejoining the group

Post by outofher » Sat Feb 20, 2016 8:38 pm

Wanted to ad that another Video that grabbed me was Steves teaching on Israel. Israel and the church are interchangable. This is key to understanding scripture. The church is Israel. Unless we understand that we can not understand scripture period.

1Co 10:11 Now all these things happened unto them for ensamples: and they are written for our admonition, upon whom the ends of the world are come.

The examples from old testament Israel are the pattern we see today in the church which is simply new covenant Israel. This is the divide today as those who know their identity as the Israel of God are able to understand the amazing plan God has for his people.
It is truly the controversy of Zion.

Isa_34:8 For it is the day of the LORD'S vengeance, and the year of recompences for the controversy of Zion.

Today there are those that know their identity and those that forfeit it.

Joe_2:17 Let the priests, the ministers of the LORD, weep between the porch and the altar, and let them say, Spare thy people, O LORD, and give not thine heritage to reproach, that the heathen should rule over them: wherefore should they say among the people, Where is their God?

Thanks

Chris

steve

Post by steve » Sun Feb 21, 2016 1:34 pm

Welcome back, Chris! There is not much activity here, usually, on weekends. You'll probably be hearing from others in a day or so.

dwight92070

Post by dwight92070 » Thu Mar 10, 2016 2:49 pm

Hey Chris,

I too was away for awhile but am back. I agree with your comments on Israel and the church. But I am not sure what you mean by "the controversy of Zion". You imply that that refers to the disagreement of whether the church is Israel or not. If that is your meaning, I don't know how you come to that belief. The NASB says "the cause of Zion". It appears to be describing how God will judge the nations for their mistreatment of Israel or the church. Is that how you see it?

Dwight

Return to “The Courtyard”