Hey Everyone

Introduce yourself, get to know others, and commune with one another!
jasonmodar

Hey Everyone

Post by jasonmodar » Wed Jun 15, 2016 12:31 am

Hello Theos,

I'm Jason Modar and I'm looking forward to being a part of this community. You guys have a number of sharp, godly men and women that I look forward to gleaning insight from. Hopefully, I can be of some use to all of you as well. :D

I'll go ahead and give a quick bio. I received a copy of Steve's commentary on Revelation 3 years before I ran across his radio ministry. His seemed like the best of the bunch that were out there and I asked my sister to get me a copy for Christmas (Yup, I'm such a nerd I asked for a commentary for Christmas). I started listening to The Narrow Path May of 2015 and couldn't help but laugh to myself when later that summer I discovered Steve was the same Steve who was the author of my Revelation commentary.

Steve's ministry has had a profound impact on the way I read the Bible and live as a follower of Jesus. I cannot express enough thanks to Steve and TNP for teaching me to think for myself. As an aspiring Bible teacher it was almost scary to realize that much of what I believed, I believed without any thought or personal study. I just believed what I was taught. I feel like for the last 12 months I've been reading the Bible with a fresh set of eyes.

As far as my background with Christianity, I "prayed the prayer" a number of times as a young child. In middle school I started to wrap my mind around Christianity involving a lifestyle change and from then on until I graduated high school I would've considered myself an "on fire" Christian. I backslid pretty hard in my early to mid twenties after I left church. Even when I was in my on fire stage and had a true desire to be like Jesus I barely read the Bible. That certainly played a role in my backsliding.

When I was about 26-27 years old I stopped living out Christianity on my own terms and decided to live them on the Bible's terms. I began to ravenously consume Scripture and my relationship with Christ took off like a rocket. It hasn't been perfect since then but I can honestly say I have continued to pursue a repentant lifestyle focused on obedience to Christ.

A few more pieces of personal info then I'll wrap up this monologue. My beautiful bride and I were married on New Years day of this year. We have 2 crazy little cats (we're hoping to have a couple of crazy little humans eventually). I work in customer service for a couple of Christian radio stations (K-LOVE and Air1 radio). I'm on the board at my Nazarene church and our pastor generously shares his pulpit with me from time to time.

That's all for now. Lookin' forward to getting to know all of you and growing in Christ with you.

Grace and peace,

Jason

TK

Re: Hey Everyone

Post by TK » Wed Jun 15, 2016 7:13 am

Welcome Jason!

TheEditor

Post by TheEditor » Wed Jun 15, 2016 10:18 am

Welcome to the Board Jason. Like you, I had read that book of Steve's long before I discovered the radio show, and in fact had the same experience of figuring out that it was the same guy that wrote the book. :lol:

Regards, Brenden.
[color=#0000FF][b]"It was for freedom that Christ set us free; therefore keep standing firm and do not be subject again to a yoke of slavery."[/b][/color]

steve7150

Post by steve7150 » Wed Jun 15, 2016 1:01 pm

Glad you will join us Jason. I first heard Steve on Hank Hannegraff's show and was impressed enough to google him and the rest is history.

Return to “The Courtyard”