Prayers please

Introduce yourself, get to know others, and commune with one another!
Ian

Prayers please

Post by Ian » Wed Aug 09, 2017 2:59 pm

I`d be thankful if you would add us to your prayers briefly for tomorrow. I`ve suddenly come over with an infection in my neck where my titanium plate is. Antibiotics will likely not clear it so an operation tomorrow has been proposed as most likely.
But it`s my wife who is my concern. She has ovarian cancer, and is in enough pain to need morphine (not from the cancer directly, but the why is a little too private to divulge). She has taken this really hard. I was supposed to overnight at the hospital tonight, but she couldn`t handle it, so I was allowed home. Please pray for her especially. She`s been through so much. Thank you.

Homer

Re: Prayers please

Post by Homer » Wed Aug 09, 2017 3:35 pm

You are in my prayers! May God bless and comfort you and your wife.

Homer

Ian

Post by Ian » Fri Aug 11, 2017 5:39 am

thank you Homer.

The operation has been postponed to Monday but I`m sure your prayer doesn`t have an expiry date in effectiveness :) .

TK

Post by TK » Fri Aug 11, 2017 5:57 am

I'll be praying brother.

Ian

Post by Ian » Fri Aug 11, 2017 6:23 am

Thanks TK

The metal plate linked to by that word here has to come out. This should not happen after 13 years but it has. Just after I began night prayers in earnest. Should I go figure? I don`t know.

http://www.imagesfromthewild.ch/About/about.htm

Maybe the whole self-aggrandising website from my climbing days has to come down too, I don`t know, but it has crossed my mind. But I meant it as a means to promote my slide shows at the time. I haven`t touched it since my wife became ill over 3 years ago.

dwight92070

Post by dwight92070 » Fri Aug 11, 2017 8:18 am

Praying now for you.

robbyyoung

Post by robbyyoung » Fri Aug 11, 2017 8:28 am

Absolutely my friend! Stay encouraged.

Blessings.

jarrod

Post by jarrod » Fri Aug 11, 2017 11:41 pm

Just prayed for you and your wife.

NebraskaMike

Post by NebraskaMike » Fri Aug 11, 2017 11:54 pm

I just prayed for you and your wife as well.

Ian

Post by Ian » Sat Sep 09, 2017 3:30 am

Mike, Homer, TK, Jarrod, Robby, Dwight thank you for your prayers.

All went well. I had had a titanium plate in my neck at throat level since a motor bike accident in 2004. Out of the blue, 13 years later a bacterial infection flared up and the plate had to come out. The doctors were perplexed that an infection should break out at this site after so many years. They couldn`t think of a similar case in their experience. But what "astounded" them more was that my blood tests showed up little of my body`s reaction to it (elevated white blood cell counts etc).

I remember asking for wisdom not long before this happened. It was inevitable therefore that I would go searching for significance in the event. The doctors found three bacteria on the plate, one main one, and two along for the ride it would seem.
Spiritualizing this I thought of the three sin categories that beset Man, including me still to an extent, the lust of the flesh, the lust of the eye and the pride of life. But maybe I`m going out on a limb here. Anyway this paragraph is out there now, and I`ll resist the urge to edit it out.

Return to “The Courtyard”