Keep a prayer requests list using a stenographer's pad

Introduce yourself, get to know others, and commune with one another!
RickC

Keep a prayer requests list using a stenographer's pad

Post by RickC » Sat Sep 06, 2008 11:40 am

A friend of mine told me a great way she keeps track of prayer requests. I use it myself.

It's on a stenographer's pad with the 2 columns.
Requests on the left, with the date | Answers to prayer/further developments on the right, with date(s).

This method is a good one for me. Mostly because I can't remember a lot of people and things I pray for: the exact request, when it was, who all was/is involved, the circumstances, etc. More than anything, I'm doing this for spiritual discipline & growth...in learning how God answers prayer!

If you use this "prayer request pad" you may want to leave a space or spaces between requests for room for further developments or to log-in the answers {it depends on how detailed you want to be, mine is in a short-notes format}. If I need to resubmit a request for any reason, I refer back to the original date. Also, I write "late entry" {the date of it, and the original date} if I didn't log-in a request on the exact day I began praying about it or if I had forgotten to.

I record when prayers don't get answered how I would have preferred...if God, obviously, had other plans {as when a sick person I prayed for dies}...which leads to more prayer and gratitude for all He has given: "Thy will be done, on earth."

Btw, I'm really not a great prayer person or what has been called a "prayer warrior." But the lady who told me of this method is both! I actually need this "list" tool because I haven't prayed as I ought! But I'm learning. God is Good: All the Time.

Thanks & God bless, :)

Return to “The Courtyard”