The Holy Mother Virgin Mary

Jill

Post by Jill » Mon Dec 29, 2008 9:40 pm

Last edited by Jill on Thu Feb 17, 2011 7:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

popeman

Re: The Holy Mother Virgin Mary

Post by popeman » Tue Dec 30, 2008 6:54 pm

So where do your scriptural "opinions" come from ... deep within the bosom of your chest like LDS state or do they come from Church doctrine that can be traced back historically? You (this forum discussion) have stated some Mary statements. Can you please find me your earliest Christianm authors who have stated otherwise to Catholic Christian doctrine? Peace-out, Popeman

RND

Post by RND » Tue Dec 30, 2008 7:09 pm

popeman wrote:So where do your scriptural "opinions" come from ... deep within the bosom of your chest like LDS state or do they come from Church doctrine that can be traced back historically?
I thought the Bible was always useful.
You (this forum discussion) have stated some Mary statements. Can you please find me your earliest Christianm authors who have stated otherwise to Catholic Christian doctrine? Peace-out, Popeman
Do Moses or any of the other prophets count? They were "technically" Christian.
"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed, second it is violently opposed, and third, it is accepted as self-evident." Arthur Schopenhauer, Philosopher, 1788-1860

You Are Israel
Sabbath Truth
Heavenly Sanctuary

Jill

Post by Jill » Tue Dec 30, 2008 7:46 pm

Last edited by Jill on Thu Feb 17, 2011 7:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

popeman

Post by popeman » Wed Dec 31, 2008 1:15 am

Yes, I take offence to your writing and your tone. Not that I can not take it but you asked. In California they have a new “no texting” law while driving. Just for sanity of writing I (maybe others) would appreciate normal writing. Another thing, please ask next time first if your passing joke about my family name is funny. Again, its not. Yes, I am a Roman Catholic Christian.

Hey popeman what'r'ya gettin' at... Do ya think just cuz I'm a LDS I have no think? R U A Roman Catholic? Say.... (Hey- to do popeman... is that okay with your popeman? R U sure? R yer pope people okay with ya be popeman?) No offense man...

As for your comment to my remark “bosom” feeling in one’s chest is not simply a rhetorical comment but fact from my dear LDS friend. It is something that I wanted to know if the Protestant reader/author was also simply implying that he also had a feeling deep within his chest. This is why there are thousands of different doctrinal based Protestant faiths, because each (I assume he also) has a “feeling”, an “interpretation” of scripture. Therefore, instead of listening to him I thought we could get some writing from some of the earliest Christians.

It appears from his comment about Moses and other prophets he negates my question but in actuality continues to beg an answer. Put your Bible aside for the moment and go to the historical Church. There are all sorts of writings from very devout Christians, some even a follower/disciple of John, who’d you think would have a pretty good grasp on what the early Church believed as doctrinal truth. Find one, two…20 that support a less-than Catholic Christian interpretation of Mary.

By the way, I have read much of the Bible and Moses and the prophets have said nothing negative about Mary in the Protestant interpretation, so again, find me some historical Christian writing. Thanks and peace, Popeman

RND

Post by RND » Wed Dec 31, 2008 1:27 am

"...I have read much of the Bible and Moses and the prophets have said nothing negative about Mary..."
Does the Torah or Tanakh speak of Mary directly?
"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed, second it is violently opposed, and third, it is accepted as self-evident." Arthur Schopenhauer, Philosopher, 1788-1860

You Are Israel
Sabbath Truth
Heavenly Sanctuary

popeman

Post by popeman » Wed Dec 31, 2008 1:49 am

"Does the Torah or Tanakh speak of Mary directly?"...why not answer that for everyone rather than simply throwing out something like that. Find me scripture that speaks negatively about Mary in the interpretive form that Protestants portray Mary as or not as. The Torah or Tanakh is still scripture. Put your Torah or Tanakh / Bible down for just a short time. It won't run away. Start researching the early Christian Church authors in the first couple hundred years after Christ had died and Scripture had been laid out. There is a ton out there. No doubt you have some modern day Christian authors that you probably greatly value their scriptural/religious opinion on (because they may be more learned than you so you would rely on their study/expertise), so if you can do that than why not look deeper into that earliest Church (100-400 years AD) authors?

My 92 year old Father landed at Normandy and fought all the way into Belgium in armored cars with the 1st Army/5 Recon Corps. If I wanted to get a real grasp of what it was like during WWII, don't you think just sitting down with my Dad for a couple of hours with maps and pictures and his personal comments would probably outweigh a year with some 35 year old history professor that just got his Masters at some university? I hope you say "yes", because anything less would be foolish. Well now, I can not sit down with a 2000 year old Christian who lived the times right after the last apostle died, but I sure can find a number of his writings (and others) to see/hear what/how they believed/practiced their faith. After that, maybe, just maybe, I could try to find a Church/faith today that reflects the same. Peace Popeman

RND

Post by RND » Wed Dec 31, 2008 2:23 am

popeman wrote:"Does the Torah or Tanakh speak of Mary directly?"...why not answer that for everyone rather than simply throwing out something like that.
Because by asking questions we can better find the answers we're looking for. Hence my question. I'll take for now, based on your response (or lack of one), that the answer is no.

You Are Israel
Sabbath Truth
Heavenly Sanctuary

kaufmannphillips

Post by kaufmannphillips » Wed Dec 31, 2008 3:06 am

RND wrote:
<< cough cough >>
========================
"The more something is repeated, the more it becomes an unexamined truth...." (Nicholas Thompson)
========================

RND

Post by RND » Wed Dec 31, 2008 11:02 am

kaufmannphillips wrote:
RND wrote:
<< cough cough >>
Moses saw the day of Christ coming, hence he "believed" in the Messiah.

The Coming of Moses and Elijah
(Israel Accepts Yeshua as the Messiah)
<----------Great Study!

You Are Israel
Sabbath Truth
Heavenly Sanctuary

Return to “Roman Catholicism”