Prayers to the Saints/Mary

steve

Re: Prayers to the Saints/Mary

Post by steve » Wed Jan 28, 2009 7:31 pm

Hi Karen,

I don't think Josh was provoking you with his question. He just felt you were answering something that you had derived from his post, and he could not see the connection. Perhaps the reason no one responded to the other points in you post is that the only question you posed was whether anyone knew anything about the story of the little girl who was brought back to life. Perhaps no one here knows where to find it. I know I am not familiar with it.

You know, this thread has managed to go into its third page, and there has been no contribution from a Catholic advocate—although some non-Catholics have spoken up and given such answers as a Catholic might give, so that our Catholic members might not feel the need to say more.

anochria

Re: Prayers to the Saints/Mary

Post by anochria » Wed Jan 28, 2009 7:51 pm

Yeah, actually, I'd love to hear from any Catholics on this too.

Part of the reason I got personally involved in this topic in the first place was that years ago, in studying Church history, I found that a lot of objections to catholic doctrine I had grown up with were based on straw-man arguments or misunderstandings. Though there are certainly points of disagreement I might have with Roman Catholic doctrine, the list has dramatically shrunk through the process of study. And in addition, my faith has profoundly benefitted from many Roman Catholic authors throughout the years.
Pastor Josh Coles, Aletheia Christian Fellowship
Visit the Aletheia Discussion Forums

Return to “Roman Catholicism”