Discussion for Dennis007 RE: "The last days of grace"

For the discussion of the distinctives of the various mainstream Christian denominations
brody196

Discussion for Dennis007 RE: "The last days of grace"

Post by brody196 » Mon Jun 06, 2011 10:44 am

Hi Dennis,

While searching through the link you provided under another thread, I came across this article posted there entitled "The last days of grace" in which the author implies several things that I feel could make for an interesting discussion. In the link(http://www.csda-adventistchurch.to/USTr ... stday.html), Mr. "Chick" implies that America and atheism are the "beast from the bottomless pit" mentioned in Rev 11:7. He also implies that the "dead bodies" of the witnesses that lay in the street(Information highway-Internet?) are the Creation-SDA who have been turned against by the SDA...There are many other points of interst in the link provided, but we will start here.

My questions are as follows:

How do we find this in scripture apart from a private interpretation by the author?

Do you believe the things posted in the article?

Do you feel that there are any Christians apart from the Creation SDA?

Thanks in advance!

Dennis007

Re: Discussion for Dennis007 RE: "The last days of grace"

Post by Dennis007 » Fri Jun 10, 2011 12:02 am

My point with the website was to show how far the Seventh-day Adventist Church has drifted into apostasy since the 1800's. Are you the least bit familliar with the SDA Church history? Are you aware of the change of the doctrines? Are you aware of the deals made with Walter Martin and Donnald Grey Barnhouse? IF not, you probably don't know what an Historic Seventh-day Adventist is.

I am not interested in the teachings of the CSDA church. Any Christian should be aware of Paul's admonition concerning going to court against a brother. This legal action is really strange for a church that publishes a Religious Liberty Magazine!

brody196

Re: Discussion for Dennis007 RE: "The last days of grace"

Post by brody196 » Mon Jun 13, 2011 8:57 am

Dennis007 wrote:My point with the website was to show how far the Seventh-day Adventist Church has drifted into apostasy since the 1800's. Are you the least bit familliar with the SDA Church history? Are you aware of the change of the doctrines? Are you aware of the deals made with Walter Martin and Donnald Grey Barnhouse? IF not, you probably don't know what an Historic Seventh-day Adventist is.

I am not interested in the teachings of the CSDA church. Any Christian should be aware of Paul's admonition concerning going to court against a brother. This legal action is really strange for a church that publishes a Religious Liberty Magazine!
Hi Dennis,

If I understand you correctly, you seem to be insinuating that you don't believe the things that I posted from the website you provided...??
My point with the website was to show how far the Seventh-day Adventist Church has drifted into apostasy since the 1800's.
So to prove your point, you gave a link to an article that you agree with, from an apostate church that you don't agree with? I'm confused...
Are you the least bit familliar with the SDA Church history?
A little. From what I have read, it came from the Millerite movement in the early 1800's...And like any denomination, it has split into several sub--groups. Though I must admit, I am not well versed on adventist history.
Are you aware of the change of the doctrines? Are you aware of the deals made with Walter Martin and Donnald Grey Barnhouse? IF not, you probably don't know what an Historic Seventh-day Adventist is.
I am aware that there was a change and that some feel this change was not a good thing. Some years ago I remember listening to Walter Martin talk about this subject with a guest, who was a seventh day adventist. It was an interesting dialogue, but I came away thinking that it really wasn't all that important to the normative Christian walk.
I agree that a Christian should not take a brother to court, but I don't need a church group or denomination to tell me this. I can go straight to the source and find that out for myself. With this in mind, I have a few questions:

Does one need to be part of a denomination like the 7th day adventist to understand all truth?

Can a Christian fellowship with other groups and still be doing the will of God?

Return to “Denominations”