Concern over lost family members

Mitzi

Concern over lost family members

Post by Mitzi » Sat Sep 27, 2014 3:15 pm

I was listening earlier on youtube to one of Steve's older topics and he was stating that it's actually a sin to be
depressed and not rejoicing at all times. I would love to rejoice and I do but then I get blind sided by
these issues that knock me over again and again.

I have this one particular problem. Several of my grandchildren are not only not
saved, but they're living like hell. It's like our family raises them up and satan takes them. I can't bare to watch them
go after the world and it's killing me to watch them destroy themselves but I'm just an old fuddy duddy
grandma who talks about Jesus and the bible and they have totally closed their ears to it. I feel like my
heart is being ripped out of my chest to the point I'm experiencing literal physical pain.
I don't know how to let go, accept or endure it. Would someone
please help me.

Thanks
Mitzi

Homer

Re: Concern over lost family members

Post by Homer » Sat Sep 27, 2014 7:25 pm

Mitzi,

Pray and never give up. I prayed for my brother almost daily for 20 years and in his last years he came to the lord.

May God bless you!

Homer

TheEditor

Post by TheEditor » Sat Sep 27, 2014 7:32 pm

Hi Mitzi,

I am sorry to hear that you are struggling with this. I can't answer for Steve's teaching on this subject. If it were as cut and dry as you have put it, I would have to disagree with him on this one. God created us with the ability to run the gamut of emotions, and no emotion, properly displayed, is a "sin". I can imagine all kinds of scenarios in which one could be dogged by depression.

In your particular case, I would be upset, but since I do not view the temporal "here and now" as the only opporunity to accept the Gospel, I personally would not worry as much about this particular issue. However, if I believed that this is it and it's either "Sydney or the Bush" here and now, then I could see your concern. I have nothing of practical value to offer, other than prayer and hope. Sometimes in the teens and 20s people are cavalier with these matters. Wisdom comes in time....for most of us.

Regards, Brenden.
[color=#0000FF][b]"It was for freedom that Christ set us free; therefore keep standing firm and do not be subject again to a yoke of slavery."[/b][/color]

robbyyoung

Post by robbyyoung » Sat Sep 27, 2014 10:53 pm

Hi Mitzi,

You love them. Cherish every moment you have with them and as you allow "The Holy Spirit" to minister through you, as an example of what true love is. Hope removes despair as we lean on the promises made to us, the faithful. One of the hardest things for "The Child of God" to do is, to not stand in judgement of those we're trying to reach. What they need is an example of what "right looks like" as it relates to how love overcomes resistance to it. Love overcomes!

Be the Grandma they take refuge in when all else fails, and believe me - that day will come. They will remember your unfailing love and will want that same peace and sanctuary you have. Then you can, with listening ears, witness Yeshua as the "True Refuge and Sanctuary" they seek. Remember, we are free agents. Our privileged position in this world is to be a beacon of hope by simply living a righteous life. Mitzi, the fruits of our labor isn't readily seen all the time, sometimes not at all. But we know better than to despair, because God continues to work behind the scenes, for "Our" own good.

Foster an even stronger relationship with your loved ones by rejecting the temptation to take paths that will divide and alienate them from you. Pray for wisdom and strength, and joy unspeakable which radiates as the sun as others seek to know what secrets you hold to gladness of heart. Mitzi, your righteous living will be their judge and your love will draw them in, not push them away.

We're all praying for you dear Sister. Continue to seek other valuable resources and sound counseling that will profit you greatly. God bless and love always in Christ our Savior!

Mitzi

Post by Mitzi » Sun Sep 28, 2014 1:51 am

Thank you Robby. With all the challenges I face this is the one that knocks me down. Your words reminded me that I need patience and hope. My own grandparents didn't live to see the fruit of their examples & labor of love but almost all of their numerous grandchildren became Christian.

Your words are most helpful and a timely reminder about how fruit grows. if I can find a place of confidence and acceptance in the midst of this threat I think I may be able to finish my course with full assurance, peace & joy. Thank you Robby. I am encouraged.

Love abiding,
Mitzi

Mitzi

Post by Mitzi » Sun Sep 28, 2014 2:27 am

thank you all for your replies. I think Steve meant it's wrong to stay in discouragement and rejoicing is a command and a choice. With God's help & your kind words I will overcome this and in spite of any and all calamity take my place in the heavenly chorus and if my progeny and yours join us there one day then all the greater praises to our King who can reach the unreachable.

Thank you all so very much,
Mitzi

Return to “Family”