Recommendations for quality small group video material?

ryan

Recommendations for quality small group video material?

Post by ryan » Fri Oct 28, 2016 1:39 pm

Hi all,

Every now and then, I like to give my Sunday school class a break from me teaching through a book of the BIble, and show an edifying video of some sort. The problem I've ran into is finding 'quality' material.

I've been a big fan of the 'Dispatches from the Front' DVD series that Tim Keesee and Frontline Missions put out, but we've made it through all of those. Also, over time we completed a 'Church History' DVD series from Credo House in Oklahoma that was well received.

Does anyone else have any suggestions for DVD series that they've come across in recent years that are both well-made and edifying?

Thanks for any ideas you may have!

-Ryan

TruthInLove

Re: Recommendations for quality small group video material?

Post by TruthInLove » Fri Oct 28, 2016 11:07 pm

Hi Ryan,

I'm not sure if Intelligent Design is a subject your group would be interested in but Illustra Media has some really interesting videos and the production quality is fantastic.

https://illustramedia.com/productions/

Are there any particular subjects you think your group would be interested in exploring?

ryan

Post by ryan » Sat Oct 29, 2016 7:36 pm

TruthInLove wrote:Hi Ryan,

I'm not sure if Intelligent Design is a subject your group would be interested in but Illustra Media has some really interesting videos and the production quality is fantastic.

https://illustramedia.com/productions/

Are there any particular subjects you think your group would be interested in exploring?
Thanks for the suggestion! I hadn't come across that material before.

As far as particular subjects... I'm not sure exactly. They're usually pretty quiet about suggesting topics. Sometimes it's hard to get a feel for what they'd like to explore.

TruthInLove

Post by TruthInLove » Sun Oct 30, 2016 4:27 pm

Okay. Not sure if any of these would be along the lines of what you'd like to show but I've found these films to be engaging as well.

Luther
The Star of Bethlehem (recommended to me by robbyyoung on this forum)
Hell and Mr. Fudge (recommended by Chris Date of rethinkinghell.com)

Cory

Post by Cory » Tue Dec 19, 2017 10:52 am

Hello,
I was considering putting a small group together and planned on using these guys as a introduction to the topic, even if you go with a different study guide this material is a great overview and/or a way to cap the session. Best of all its free as it is a crowd funded project. Hope you enjoy.

https://thebibleproject.com/explore/

God Bless
Cory

Return to “General”