3 crosses

glow

3 crosses

Post by glow » Thu Apr 08, 2010 9:57 pm

Hi,

Tonight at my bible study the question came up.
Of the Three crosses where Christ was sacrificed with the 2 criminals.

Was the one who Christ said would be in paradise with him that day on His right?

We were wondering if he got special treatment to go directly to paradise because he was on Christ right and recognised who he was, ok now Bringing up another question,

Will we go directly to paradise after death(saved)? We were wondering if it was just the criminal period (not us)who recognized Him got special treatment because he also was on his right. Seems like in movies they place the pardoned one to his right also.

And if yes,than what do the scriptures mean regarding those that are "sleeping" that have died have to do with going directly to paradise? Gee, This is more than one question. Sorry,

Thanks for any and all answers! Glow

Murf

Re: 3 crosses

Post by Murf » Fri Apr 09, 2010 11:01 am

Salvation has always been based on only one thing, Faith.

Since we aren't saved by our own works, I don't see how a criminal could be saved by the works of the Roman's putting him on the right/left side of Jesus.

Luke's doesn't state which side each thief was on but all the Gospels state Christ was in the center.

glow

Post by glow » Fri Apr 09, 2010 11:47 am

Hi Murf, I realize we are not saved by works, but thanks for the reply...;-)

We were wondering why the word speaks of those that have died being asleep, yet Christ told the one criminal he would be in paradise with him that day.How to understand that.

I know in the word the position of being on Christ right side is deemed an honor.So we were just wondering if he was put there,as an honorable or a symbolic gesture.And than because of his faith in Christ AND his position( which he could have been, put there as a symbol? of honor by the divine God who basically can do what he wants)) he was taken up than instead of to "sleep".
Was this position, An xtra symbolic meaning?

In revelations and other places in Gods word there are symbols, visions, that have another meaning than just face value some times, and inter lace in Gods word..That's what we were pondering.

steve7150

Post by steve7150 » Fri Apr 09, 2010 12:43 pm

We were wondering why the word speaks of those that have died being asleep, yet Christ told the one criminal he would be in paradise with him that day.How to understand that.

I think they were asleep until Christ's resurrection or perhaps until he gave up his spirit to God while on the cross. Symbolism is clearly very important to God and the right side is symbolic of God's favor so probably considering God's M/O , the saved thief probably was on Christ's right side and IMHO his spirit was with Christ's in heaven that day.
You think the thief was surprised?

glow

Post by glow » Fri Apr 09, 2010 1:01 pm

it probably blew his mind! lo! Thanks for your comment

Return to “The Gospels”