Help finding verse

_darin-houston

Help finding verse

Post by _darin-houston » Thu Aug 14, 2008 2:10 pm

I can't find a scripture reference and am beginning to think I dreamed it.

I recall one of Paul's epistles discussing how disappointed he was that a particular church had failed to grow spiritually -- he indicated that by now all he had been with should have been equipped to teach and they were still babes or something to that effect.

Can anyone help me?
Last edited by Guest on Wed Dec 31, 1969 7:00 pm, edited 0 times in total.
Reason:

_Steve

Post by _Steve » Thu Aug 14, 2008 2:54 pm

The closing verses of Hebrews 5.
Reason:
In Jesus,
Steve

_TK

Post by _TK » Thu Aug 14, 2008 3:01 pm

that's what threw darin (maybe)- he was searching in paul's epistles and Hebrews is up to question.

TK
Reason:
"Were not our hearts burning within us? (Lk 24:32)

_Michelle

Post by _Michelle » Thu Aug 14, 2008 3:38 pm

TK wrote:that's what threw darin (maybe)- he was searching in paul's epistles and Hebrews is up to question.

TK
Well, my favorite, Todd Bentley, has the answer to this question.
Reason:

_darin-houston

Post by _darin-houston » Thu Aug 14, 2008 4:37 pm

Steve wrote: The closing verses of Hebrews 5.
Awesome! Exactly the one I was looking for... Thanks, Steve!
Reason:

_TK

Post by _TK » Thu Aug 14, 2008 5:45 pm

michelle-

who does Todd b say wrote it? the angel Emma?

TK
Reason:
"Were not our hearts burning within us? (Lk 24:32)

_Michelle

Post by _Michelle » Thu Aug 14, 2008 7:25 pm

No, not Emma this time. Abraham:
Back to Paul! I discovered while conversing with Paul that it wasn’t only Jesus Christ who taught him in heaven. I say this because Paul told me: “Abraham taught me, in heaven, and that’s how and why I wrote the book of Hebrews. What I heard was from the lips of Abraham himself.”

I know I’m stepping out on theology now; however, I want you to understand that Paul always made it clear when he authored an epistle—“Paul, an apostle of Jesus Christ” or “Paul, a bond-servant of Christ.” Always! Yet, for the Book of Hebrews, although most Bible scholars believe that it was authored by Paul, there are those that really can’t say it was him because the authorship is never clear. Paul told me why. Here is what he said to me. “Do you know why I know so much about Abraham?” [So much of Hebrews is based on other things that you just can’t pull from in other scriptures.] He said, “Abraham himself shared (information) with me and I simply wrote it” (in the Book of Hebrews). “The authorship isn’t clear because it was Abraham and I; Abraham shared with me.” [Much of Hebrews is about Abraham; i.e. Hebrews Chapter 11.] Paul said, “When I was in the third heaven, Abraham was with me like you are with me now.”
Here is where he wrote that. It's the third part of a three part series about his visits to heaven. Here is part 1 and here is part 2.
Reason:

_Paidion

Post by _Paidion » Thu Aug 14, 2008 7:46 pm

So... Todd went to heaven and talked with Abraham and Paul!
I am wondering, Michelle, why is Tod Bentley your "favorite"?

I guess the following is true after all:

Todd Bentley, encouraging astral projection
Reason:
Paidion
"Not one soul will ever be redeemed from hell but by being saved from his sins, from the evil in him." --- George MacDonald

_Michelle

Post by _Michelle » Thu Aug 14, 2008 8:25 pm

Paidion wrote: I am wondering, Michelle, why is Tod Bentley your "favorite"?
I don't know for sure, but I've been slightly obsessed by this man ever since I heard about the Lakeland Revival this spring. I think it's because I long for a true revival, although that's not a great reason to keep bringing up someone I believe to be a counterfeit. Mix with that the strangeness of the man, (I know this is an odd thing to confess, but my whole life I've been fascinated by tattoos -- Todd's got a lot of them) and I find myself hooked.
Reason:

_Allyn

Post by _Allyn » Fri Aug 15, 2008 8:06 am

Michelle wrote:
Paidion wrote: I am wondering, Michelle, why is Tod Bentley your "favorite"?
I don't know for sure, but I've been slightly obsessed by this man ever since I heard about the Lakeland Revival this spring. I think it's because I long for a true revival, although that's not a great reason to keep bringing up someone I believe to be a counterfeit. Mix with that the strangeness of the man, (I know this is an odd thing to confess, but my whole life I've been fascinated by tattoos -- Todd's got a lot of them) and I find myself hooked.
Hi Michelle,

You are one rad gal :)

I have never heard of this guy before now. I find it interesting that he claims to have talked to Paul who in turn had talked with Abraham. I don't believe Todd Bentley did what he said, only because it seems so contrary to fundamental beliefs, however I have become a full-pret and that is against the fundamentals as well, but I suppose the Apostle was doing something in the third heaven and maybe he was getting some firsthand teaching from some of the fathers of faith. Who knows?
Reason:

Return to “Acts & Epistles”