"Time texts" in the Septuagint

_Ely

Post by _Ely » Fri Jan 12, 2007 5:49 pm

Okay, well let's try it your way, did "the last hour" begin before the "day of judgment"?
Last edited by Guest on Wed Dec 31, 1969 7:00 pm, edited 0 times in total.
Reason:
"Looking for the blessed hope and glorious appearing of our great God and Saviour, Christ Jesus" Titus 2:13
www.lasttrumpet.com
www.pfrs.org

_psychohmike

Post by _psychohmike » Fri Jan 12, 2007 7:25 pm

I'll gladly wait for your answer. It was a time indicator. Salvation was nearer to them than when they first believed. I think I can safely say that the last days began at the earthly ministry of Jesus. The author of Hebrews said, "God, who at various times and in various ways spoke in time past to the fathers by the prophets, has in these last days spoken to us by His Son"

and

1 Cor 10:11 Now all these things happened to them as examples, and they were written for our admonition, upon whom the ends of the ages have come.

and

Hebrews 9:26 He then would have had to suffer often since the foundation of the world; but now, once at the end of the ages, He has appeared to put away sin by the sacrifice of Himself.

When John wrote that it was the last hour, he was simply saying that we can't get much closer.

Now...If you feel comfortable saying that every one of the NT authors was mistaken. You go right ahead. So much for inspiration.

mike
Ely wrote:Okay, well let's try it your way, did "the last hour" begin before the "day of judgment"?
Reason:
Soon means later, Near means far, and at hand means countless thousands of years off in the future.

Hermeneutics 101, Dallas Theological Seminary

_Ely

Post by _Ely » Fri Jan 12, 2007 7:43 pm

When John wrote that it was the last hour, he was simply saying that we can't get much closer.
Fine, we basically agree here, so the real issue is whether the doctrine of inspiraiton allows the writers of Scripture to hold eroneous beliefs. I'm going to start another thread on this very issue as I think it's a good 'un.

Shalom

NB: Therr it is;
http://www.wvss.com/forumc/viewtopic.php?t=1494
Reason:
"Looking for the blessed hope and glorious appearing of our great God and Saviour, Christ Jesus" Titus 2:13
www.lasttrumpet.com
www.pfrs.org

Return to “Revelation”