I'm teaching through Revelation via Steve's book

_mattrose

Post by _mattrose » Sun Mar 19, 2006 1:18 pm

Benjamin Ho wrote:Hi Matt,

I was thinking of teaching Revelation in my church also. I thought the notes you posted were real useful. Could I make use of your summaries?

By the way, will you be posting the summaries for the remaining chapters?

Also, how long did it take to teach through Revelation using the 4 views?
Hey,

Sure, feel free to use them. It actually feels kinda funny to grant permission to use my notes on someone else's book :)

I totally forgot, half way through, that I'd been posting the summeries on here. The remaining summaries can be found at my blog at the following link:

http://knewkingdom.blogspot.com/2005/05/revelation.html

We spent 25 weeks doing the series, 1 hour per week.

Of course, if you dont' have Steve's book yet, I'd recommend it highly as it is a fantastic resource.

God bless,
matthew
Last edited by Guest on Wed Dec 31, 1969 7:00 pm, edited 0 times in total.
Reason:
Hemingway once said: 'The world is a fine place and worth fighting for'

I agree with the second part (se7en)

_Benjamin Ho

Post by _Benjamin Ho » Sun Mar 19, 2006 11:47 pm

Thanks Matt. It's faster for me to work with your summaries than to make fresh ones on my own.

It was through his Revelation book that I found out about Steve's teaching ministry, rather than discovering the book through his ministry. I bought his Revelation book from a local bookshop a few years ago. I was intrigued by a blurb on the backflap of the dust cover about the Great Commission School. I thought it was something I might want to do.

I couldn't figure out Steve's view reading the book plus I was curious about the Great Commission School. So one day, I decided to google his name and found his Narrow Path website. Since then I have blessed by his teaching through the MP3 recordings, the radio show and also this forum.

By the way, his book is also available electonically as part of the Thomas Nelson eBible Deluxe and Platinum editions (which is compatible with Libronix/Logos Bible Software).

http://www.nelsonministryservices.com/n ... pt_id=5069
http://www.nelsonministryservices.com/n ... 1418502464
Reason:
Grace and peace,
Benjamin Ho

_sinner

Fully Repentant.

Post by _sinner » Tue Mar 21, 2006 11:00 am

This sinner is fully repentant and a 'new creature', (not that I had anything to do with 'that' though.) Sovern Grace Preterist, and still building the Preterist view more completely. Thanks for the link Allyn. sinner.
Reason:
Beware the leaven of the Pharasees.

_livingink

Teaching through Revelation

Post by _livingink » Thu Apr 20, 2006 8:41 pm

Hi Matt,

I'm not sure if you got into chapter 9 this deeply but I'm wondering if you needed to research Steve's info about the zealots further than his comments in the book. I am on page 200 and my work limits me to 3-4 pages per day so it is taking awhile. I am not very familiar with the history so I'm looking for a reference that may bring me up to speed in a reasonable amount of time relative to my work schedule. Like yourself, I believe the info fits best with a preterist position but I also know that I'll have to seek out the history of the events leading to the Jewish War to fully comprehend John's writing. Do you (or anyone else) have a suggestion for studying this time period?

Just curious. What was the result of the study?

livingink
Reason:

Return to “Revelation”