God and the Word of God

God, Christ, & The Holy Spirit
dizerner

Re: God and the Word of God

Post by dizerner » Thu Mar 09, 2023 1:29 am

Homer wrote:
Wed Mar 08, 2023 10:56 pm
Darin,

You might be surprised to know I am heartily in agreement with you on this.
I'm all for giving attention to all three.

One must realize that if all three are one God, if you glorify or pray to one, you are glorifying and praying to all three necessarily.

There is no competition or rivalry among the Godhead, and the Spirit and Son share the same glory and throne, as they clearly state.

It's like that old song, "You can't have one, without the other."

darinhouston

Post by darinhouston » Thu Mar 09, 2023 4:06 pm

dizerner wrote:
Thu Mar 09, 2023 1:29 am
Homer wrote:
Wed Mar 08, 2023 10:56 pm
Darin,

You might be surprised to know I am heartily in agreement with you on this.
I'm all for giving attention to all three.

One must realize that if all three are one God, if you glorify or pray to one, you are glorifying and praying to all three necessarily.

There is no competition or rivalry among the Godhead, and the Spirit and Son share the same glory and throne, as they clearly state.

It's like that old song, "You can't have one, without the other."
Serious question - tell me from your perspective why if this is true that Jesus would universally and consistently and as part of his primary message go so far to make sure that only the Father was to receive glory and so forth? And that we were to pray to the Father and NEVER did he suggest anything to the contrary? He never said anything about "us" or otherwise focusing EVERYTHING on the Father TO WHOM everything would return and be "all in all" and so forth. At the VERY least, I think it confirms without any doubt a subordinationist view (held by many so-called Trinitarians in history though today being seen as completely heretical).

And if praying to "one" of them is the same thing as praying to all three of them, then in what sense is it rational to say they are separate "persons"? If personhood means anything, then it at least should mean that you can do something towards or with or in connection with one of them without doing so to all three. If there is no sense of separate personal individuality within the godhead, then you seem to be talking more of a modalism/Sabellianism and not a Trinitarianism.

dizerner

Post by dizerner » Fri Mar 10, 2023 9:10 am

13 And every creature which is in heaven and on the earth and under the earth and such as are in the sea, and all that are in them, I heard saying:

"Blessing and honor and glory and power Be to Him who sits on the throne, And to the Lamb, forever and ever!"

14 Then the four living creatures said, "A little less Lamb guys!" And the twenty-four elders asked the Lamb to move over a bit.

(Rev. 5:13-14 Non-Trinitarian Bible)

darinhouston

Post by darinhouston » Fri Mar 10, 2023 9:59 am

dizerner wrote:
Fri Mar 10, 2023 9:10 am
13 And every creature which is in heaven and on the earth and under the earth and such as are in the sea, and all that are in them, I heard saying:

"Blessing and honor and glory and power Be to Him who sits on the throne, And to the Lamb, forever and ever!"

14 Then the four living creatures said, "A little less Lamb guys!" And the twenty-four elders asked the Lamb to move over a bit.

(Rev. 5:13-14 Non-Trinitarian Bible)
I suspect you were trying to be funny, but that's more than a little offensive. I'm happy to discuss Rev 5 in another thread but I'd really appreciate it if you could answer my question?

Return to “Theology Proper, Christology, Pneumatology”