Does God time travel? Can we time travel with Gods help?

God, Christ, & The Holy Spirit
SamMcNear

Does God time travel? Can we time travel with Gods help?

Post by SamMcNear » Tue Oct 13, 2009 3:50 am

My wife and I were talking about time travel. I always thought God has the ability to go in the past, present and future or maybe even is always in the past, present and future because God exists out side of time and changes times as He wills. My wife said she doesn't think God would go into the past to change it becuase that is almost like lying. But it's hard to find scriptures that support that God is in all times at once. At least I can't find one, unless Psalms 90:2 says God exists in all times.

But if God isn't in all times at once we still know He can see into the future, He took John into the future to see the vision of Revelations. Maybe it was only a replica of the future for John or even just a vision but not real on what will be real.

So does God time travel?

and if so can man time travel as long as it is in Gods will with Gods Help?

Anyway no answers just lots of questions. :?:

Does anyone have any thoughts on this? :?:

This one makes my brain hurt a little :shock:

I think someone can write a great christian book about time travel with these concepts hmm maybe I should. :lol: lol

lee

Re: Does God time travel? Can we time travel with Gods help?

Post by lee » Tue Oct 13, 2009 2:55 pm

Scripture references petomaryland?

SamMcNear

Post by SamMcNear » Wed Oct 14, 2009 2:09 am

he doesn't know what we'll do in our lives so to expect him to reveal your future would be whatever you expect that to be.
Of course he can't change the past, but he might know the past, I guess it depends if you have always had a relationship with him.

A vision from God is like less than a second. And to hear his voice is about the same length of time.
This is not biblical, God knows everything and His knowledge is perfect, I'm not seeing where you get the idea of God not knowing what our future is. Fullfilled prophecy prooves God knew the future. He knows what we are going to do before we even think of doing it doesn't He? If not you will have to show me scripture to prove it.

lee

Post by lee » Wed Oct 14, 2009 6:40 pm

right

lee

Post by lee » Fri Oct 16, 2009 10:55 am

If Jesus is describing anyone as not being able to know the future, it is Nicodemus. Jesus is not talking about Himself. Just read Matthew 24. Jesus told His disciples exactly what things would take place in the destruction of Jerusalem in AD70.

SamMcNear

Post by SamMcNear » Fri Oct 16, 2009 11:02 pm

Biblically it's easy to show that God sees the future, fulfilled prophecy is a perfect example of that. The question is how does God know the future. What attribute does He have that will allow Him to know the future? Is He so knowlegdable about everything He knows what the outcome will be due to the scientific reactions? OR is He in the future, the present and the past all at once so this is how He knows the future.

Many say there is nothing but the now but if this is the case then How does God know the future?

Sorry no answers just more questions

Return to “Theology Proper, Christology, Pneumatology”