YouTube Videos Christology

God, Christ, & The Holy Spirit
postpre

YouTube Videos Christology

Post by postpre » Sat Jul 13, 2019 12:22 pm

Hey Guys,

Check out a couple of my recent videos :-)

The Son on God was Begotten as "The Beginning" (Proverbs 8):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uysDavbJTFo

The Hypostatic Union is False. Jesus was Fully Human:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vVM4meloHwk&t=10s

Paidion

Re: YouTube Videos Christology

Post by Paidion » Sat Jul 13, 2019 9:41 pm

If the Son of God is that "Wisdom" of Proverbs 8, and was begotten by God as His first acts (as it states there), then He MUST have been more than human at His begetting. No human was begotten prior to his existence as a zygote in his mother's womb.

The fact that He was begotten as the first of God's acts indicates that He was divine just as His Father is divine, even as you are human just as your parents are human.
Paidion

Man judges a person by his past deeds, and administers penalties for his wrongdoing. God judges a person by his present character, and disciplines him that he may become righteous.

Avatar shows me at 75 years old. I am now 83.

postpre

Post by postpre » Sun Jul 14, 2019 6:22 pm

Paidion wrote:
Sat Jul 13, 2019 9:41 pm
If the Son of God is that "Wisdom" of Proverbs 8, and was begotten by God as His first acts (as it states there), then He MUST have been more than human at His begetting. No human was begotten prior to his existence as a zygote in his mother's womb.

The fact that He was begotten as the first of God's acts indicates that He was divine just as His Father is divine, even as you are human just as your parents are human.
I don't think so. Why would God be limited to your assumption? The Word (who was in the beginning) BECAME flesh. Philippians 2 is clear that he was in the form of God, but emptied himself of his divinity to become man.

steve

Post by steve » Mon Jul 15, 2019 5:26 pm

postpre,

I am not sure how your comments in your second post can be harmonized with those in your first one.

postpre

Post by postpre » Mon Jul 15, 2019 7:18 pm

steve wrote:
Mon Jul 15, 2019 5:26 pm
postpre,

I am not sure how your comments in your second post can be harmonized with those in your first one.
The part about God being limited? If so, please expound a bit on what you mean.

postpre

Post by postpre » Tue Jul 16, 2019 10:59 am

The Problem with Unitarianism:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=SGqQNjbnFOI

darinhouston

Post by darinhouston » Thu Aug 01, 2019 10:50 pm

postpre wrote:The Problem with Unitarianism:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=SGqQNjbnFOI
Just quickly, you seem unaware of the significant variations in Unitarian positions on this. Many early and late adoptionists And subordinationists would hold to likeness of kind and even pre-existence. (even Arius). But likeness and ontological identity are not the same thing. They also hold varying positions on the term “begetting” as do many Trinitarians.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

darinhouston

Post by darinhouston » Thu Aug 01, 2019 10:56 pm

Paidion wrote:If the Son of God is that "Wisdom" of Proverbs 8, and was begotten by God as His first acts (as it states there), then He MUST have been more than human at His begetting. No human was begotten prior to his existence as a zygote in his mother's womb.

I’m not sure many Unitarians or even all Trinitarians would equate the Son of God with Wisdom. Some would equate the Logos with the Son but not Sophia. But others merely associate it with becoming enfleshed in the Son. Still others would equate Wisdom and Logos with each other but neither with the Son. Others all of the above.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Paidion

Post by Paidion » Fri Aug 02, 2019 9:07 pm

Well... Jesus Himself was a unitarian. In His prayer to the Father, He addressed the Father as "the only true God" (John 17:3).

He also affirmed His own pre-existence with the words "Before Abraham was, I am." (John 8:58).
Paidion

Man judges a person by his past deeds, and administers penalties for his wrongdoing. God judges a person by his present character, and disciplines him that he may become righteous.

Avatar shows me at 75 years old. I am now 83.

darinhouston

Post by darinhouston » Sat Aug 03, 2019 8:04 am

Paidion wrote:Well... Jesus Himself was a unitarian. In His prayer to the Father, He addressed the Father as "the only true God" (John 17:3).

He also affirmed His own pre-existence with the words "Before Abraham was, I am." (John 8:58).
Most Unitarians would agree with the first paragraph but many would disagree that John 8:58 is meant to imply pre-existence. (though Arius believed this)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Return to “Theology Proper, Christology, Pneumatology”