dwight92070

Re: Jesus is God

Post by dwight92070 » Thu Jun 01, 2023 6:02 pm

darinhouston wrote:
Wed May 31, 2023 9:37 pm
dwight92070 wrote:
Wed May 31, 2023 5:29 pm
God united His sperm
I've quit trying to respond to your posts as a general matter, but this is certainly troubling...
Yeah, I've noticed whenever something makes sense, it seems to trouble you.

dwight92070

Post by dwight92070 » Thu Jun 01, 2023 6:13 pm

So God created the sperm in your father to create you in your mother's womb. He created the sperm in my father to create me in my mother's womb. But for some reason He's not able to create sperm in Mary's womb to create His own Son in her womb. THAT is what's troubling.

darinhouston

Post by darinhouston » Thu Jun 01, 2023 8:54 pm

dwight92070 wrote:
Thu Jun 01, 2023 6:02 pm
darinhouston wrote:
Wed May 31, 2023 9:37 pm
dwight92070 wrote:
Wed May 31, 2023 5:29 pm
God united His sperm
I've quit trying to respond to your posts as a general matter, but this is certainly troubling...
Yeah, I've noticed whenever something makes sense, it seems to trouble you.
not at all

dwight92070

Post by dwight92070 » Wed Jun 07, 2023 3:47 pm

Since Jesus is THE God/Man, then, as a Man, He calls the Father His God, and as God, He calls God His Father. This particularly irritated the Jews, to the point of planning to murder Him, because He was making Himself equal with God. John 5:18

He never said "Our Father" except to teach His disciples how THEY should pray. It was always "My Father" or "The Father".

Did you notice that, as a prophet, Jesus never said, "Thus says the Lord" as almost all other prophets did? That's because Jesus WAS the LORD JEHOVAH.

Jesus said He was greater than the temple, greater than Solomon, the Lord of the Sabbath, and He had authority to forgive sins on earth. He also had the authority to make the Sabbath day obsolete.

We never read of Jesus studying or reading before teaching and He taught probably multitudes of times EACH day. He didn't need to study. He was THE WORD.

Who gave Jesus the authority to change or add to the Ten Commandments that He quoted in His sermon on the mount? As God, He had that authority.

dwight92070

Post by dwight92070 » Thu Jun 08, 2023 8:38 am

In John 10:11 Jesus says: "I am the good shepherd; the good shepherd lays down His life for the sheep." Then in verse 15: " ... and I lay down My life for the sheep."

Jesus didn't have to do that. He chose to do that for us. In fact, He didn't even have to be born, but He willingly chose to be born on earth for us.

"For this reason the Father loves Me, because I lay down My life so that I may take it again. No one has taken it away from Me, but I lay it down on My own initiative. I have authority to lay it down, and I have authority to take it up again. This commandment I received from My Father." John 10:17-18

The very fact that Jesus chose to be born and He chose to lay down His life for us, shows us that He is God. No other person has that choice. None of us chose to be born, much less to die. We did not even have that option. Jesus did and His choice reveals God's love for a dying world - and especially, us, who believe in Him and follow Him.

dwight92070

Post by dwight92070 » Thu Jun 08, 2023 10:29 am

Jesus was in the form of God, but He did not consider it robbery to be equal with God. Philippians 2:5-6 He was not stealing from God's glory by claiming to be God in the flesh, because that's exactly Who He was. You can't steal something that you already own. To acknowledge that He was God in the flesh was simply a fact. These verses tell us plainly that Jesus was not only in the form of God, but that He was equal with God - or to put it even more clearly, He WAS God.

dwight92070

Post by dwight92070 » Fri Jun 09, 2023 11:01 am

John 18:36 "Jesus answered, "My kingdom is not of this world ... My kingdom is not from here."
Luke 1:33 (Gabriel speaking to Mary about Jesus, Who would be conceived in her womb) "And He will reign over the house of Jacob forever, and of His kingdom there will be no end."

We know that Jesus is sitting at the right hand of God even now. But according to Gabriel and John, He also has HIS OWN KINGDOM, of which HE is KING and the house of Jacob is His kingdom and that kingdom will never end. We also know that the "house of Jacob" here is a reference to the "Israel of God", which is the body of Christ. Galatians 6:16 (But His kingdom really encompasses all men and the entire universe - Matthew 28:18. He will send some men to eternal fire, and the others will inherit the kingdom with Christ. Matthew 25:31-34)

So if Jesus is not God, as some of you believe, then are there two kingdoms - the kingdom of God and the kingdom of Jesus? So in heaven right now, Jesus is sitting at the right hand of God ruling over His kingdom, while God, sitting on His throne on the left side of Jesus, is ruling over His kingdom. Since Jesus is not God, according to some of you, then there must be two kingdoms, whose rulers are sitting beside each other in heaven right now. God has His kingdom, the kingdom of God and Jesus has His kingdom, which must be separate from God's kingdom, because Jesus is not God.

Or could it be that there is only ONE kingdom, and that the Kingdom of Jesus IS THE KINGDOM OF GOD?? Because Jesus IS God!

I think the 2nd option is where the truth lies. There is only ONE kingdom and both Jesus and the Father are called the KING of that KINGDOM, which is both the body of Christ, and ALL NATIONS and ALL MEN. The Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit are ONE GOD.

dwight92070

Post by dwight92070 » Fri Jun 09, 2023 2:16 pm

Did you know that Jesus never performed a miracle strictly to benefit Himself?

The people of Nazareth wanted to throw Him over a cliff, but He supernaturally escaped, so we might think that that was for His own benefit. But the time of His death and the method used to put Him to death was long ago decided, so this wasn't His time nor was it the pre - decided method. Besides that, He had much more to accomplish before He was to die.

Jesus told Peter to throw a fishing line and hook in the water, and he would catch a fish with a coin in it's mouth. Then Peter was to use that to pay taxes for Peter and Himself. Again, a miracle which appears to be for Jesus' own benefit. But actually Jesus used that to teach Peter about taxes, that as sons of God, we really should not have to pay any taxes, but to prevent offending the tax collector, and other people who had to pay taxes, Jesus provided the money necessary to pay the tax. Also, if He had refused to pay the tax, which technically was His right, both He and Peter would be in trouble with the authorities, which would hinder His ongoing ministry to the people.

The point is that there's never been a man in all of history who ALWAYS did what he did to benefit other people, never himself. He was the ONLY man who was truly and genuinely GOOD. And remember, He Himself said, "No one is good but God." He was GOOD. He was GOD.

dwight92070

Post by dwight92070 » Sat Jun 10, 2023 2:19 pm

Jesus said that the prophets received a great reward in heaven for being persecuted for God's sake. Likewise Jesus said that we can receive a great reward in heaven, if we're persecuted for His sake. Jesus is claiming that He is God. Matthew 5:11-12

dwight92070

Post by dwight92070 » Sat Jun 10, 2023 4:17 pm

Have your noticed that Jesus didn't have to spend long hours studying before He gave the sermon on the mount? There's no mention of Him ever preparing privately, so that He would know what to teach publicly. If you watched "The Chosen", they portray Jesus as spending days preparing for His sermon on the mount. The Bible doesn't say that. He never studied as to how to properly counter the Pharisees, Sadduccees, Scribes and other nonbelievers. But He knew how to answer each one. We know He prayed often, but with few exceptions, the only authority He cited was Himself.

Have you ever made a statement and later thought, "I wish I would've said something else."? We all have. Not Jesus, He never regretted anything that He said, or any answer that He gave. Every answer He gave, every teaching He taught, every response or action that He took - was always the right one. He didn't need to investigate anything - He already knew everything. After Jesus rose from the dead, when He appeared to His apostles, Peter said to Him, "You know all things; ..." John 21:17 Paul says of Christ, " ... in whom are hidden all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge." Colossians 2:3

Yes, He did learn things as He was growing up, but during His ministry there was only one thing recorded that He didn't know - the time of His return. Why that was, we don't know, but I'm sure there was a good reason for it.

Only God has such wisdom and only God has such knowledge. And only God would know how to react to everyone, and how to respond to everyone, in a correct way every single time. Jesus is God.

By the way, looking again at the NKJV Colossians 2:2-3: " ... and attaining ... to the knowledge of the mystery of God, both of the Father and of Christ ..."

Paul is saying that the mystery of God here includes the mystery of the Father and the mystery of Christ, which leads to God is "made up" of the Father and the Son, (and of course we know, also the Holy Spirit).

Return to “Theology Proper, Christology, Pneumatology”