Jesus is God

God, Christ, & The Holy Spirit
dwight92070

Re: Jesus is God

Post by dwight92070 » Tue Jun 14, 2022 11:23 pm

1 Peter 1:7-8 " ... at the revelation of Jesus Christ; and though you have not seen Him, you love Him, and though you do not see Him now, but believe in Him, you greatly rejoice with joy inexpressible and full of glory, obtaining as the outcome of your faith, the salvation of your souls."

The Jews were always told in the Old Testament that they were to LOVE GOD, BELIEVE IN GOD, REJOICE IN GOD and PUT THEIR FAITH IN GOD and that GOD WOULD BE THEIR SALVATION.

But here, Peter tells us to LOVE JESUS, BELIEVE IN JESUS, REJOICE IN JESUS, AND PUT OUR FAITH IN JESUS AND THAT JESUS WILL BE OUR SALVATION.

It's quite obvious that Peter believes that Jesus is God.

dwight92070

Post by dwight92070 » Thu Jun 16, 2022 7:02 am

1 Timothy 1:1-2 - "Paul, an apostle of Christ Jesus according to the commandment of God our Savior, and of Christ Jesus, who is our hope, To Timothy, my true son in the faith: Grace, mercy, and peace from the God the Father and Christ Jesus our Lord."

Notice God is called our Savior, and yet Jesus is also called our Savior in many verses throughout the New Testament. Also notice that Jesus is called our Lord, and yet God the Father is also called our Lord in many verses, Old and New Testament. Notice the commandment to be an apostle came to Paul from BOTH GOD OUR SAVIOR AND CHRIST JESUS, WHO IS OUR HOPE. Also notice that grace, mercy and peace come from BOTH GOD THE FATHER AND CHRIST JESUS OUR LORD. They are indivisiblel.

Look at verses 12-16 of the same chapter. Paul is talking about JESUS here. Jesus is mentioned at least 8 times, with no specific reference to the Father here. So the next verse MUST BE A REFERENCE TO JESUS, SINCE THAT IS WHO HE IS TALKING ABOUT:

Verse 17: "Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the ONLY GOD, be honor and glory forever and ever. Amen

This IS JESUS!!!!

dwight92070

Post by dwight92070 » Sun Jun 19, 2022 2:15 pm

Jude, a brother of Jesus, who grew up with Jesus, speaks about ungodly persons in Jude 4, "who turn the grace of our God into licentiousness and deny our ONLY MASTER and LORD, JESUS CHRIST."

Jesus is our ONLY MASTER. This agrees with Jesus' words, "No one can serve two masters ...". We cannot serve God and Jesus, if they are not one and the same. But since Jesus IS God, then there's no problem.

dwight92070

Post by dwight92070 » Mon Jun 20, 2022 10:56 am

"He who has seen Me has seen the Father; how can you say, 'Show us the Father'? Do you not believe that I am in the Father, and the Father is in Me? The words that I say to you I do not speak on My own initiative, but the Father abiding in Me does His works. Believe Me that I am in the Father and the Father is in Me; otherwise believe because of the works themselves." John 14:9-11

So when Jesus spoke, that was the Father in Him doing His works. Whatever Jesus did was the Father in Him doing His works. Jesus and the Father are so "intertwined" that it is impossible to separate them.

"Truly, truly, I say to you, the Son can do nothing of Himself, unless it is something He sees the Father doing; for whatever the Father does, these things the Son does in like manner. For the Father loves the Son, and shows Him all things that He Himself is doing ..." John 5:19-20

Truly, Jesus was God incarnate.

Homer

Post by Homer » Tue Jun 21, 2022 10:46 am

AMEN

dwight92070

Post by dwight92070 » Wed Jul 27, 2022 2:04 pm

Why were the prophets persecuted? Ultimately, because of God. Why were (or are) New Testament believers persecuted, all the way through today? Ultimately, because of Jesus? In Matthew 5:11, Jesus said,"Blessed are you when people insult you and persecute you, and falsely say all kinds of evil against you BECAUSE OF ME." God and Jesus are One.

Jesus said in Matthew 6:24 "No one can serve two masters ..." We cannot serve God AND Jesus, if they are two separate masters. But since they are One, we CAN!

God said, "Hear, O Israel! The Lord our God is one Lord; and you shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your mind, and with all your strength." Mark 12:29-30
Jesus said, "If anyone comes to Me, and does not hate his own father and mother and wife and children and brothers and sisters, yes, and even his own life, he cannot be My disciple" Luke 14:26

So Who demands more love, God or Jesus? Both GOD AND JESUS demand 100% of our love!!! How can that be is they are two separate "persons" or beings? If they are two separate beings, then if we love Jesus to the same degree that we love God, are we not guilty of idolatry? There is only one possible answer, if words have any rational meaning. GOD AND JESUS ARE ONE!!!

dwight92070

Post by dwight92070 » Sat Jul 30, 2022 11:47 am

Two criminals were crucified with Jesus, one on the right and one on the left. What perfect positioning for both of them to hear Jesus' words. One was repentant, the other was not. The repentant one rebuked the other saying, "Do you not even fear God, seeing that you are under the same condemnation?" Somehow he knew that Jesus was God. The disciples knew it too, because in 24:52, they worshiped Jesus.
If any man was ever worshiped in the Bible, it was not condoned by God. It was idolatry.

dwight92070

Post by dwight92070 » Thu Aug 18, 2022 12:49 pm

That's Luke 24:52 where Jesus's disciples worshiped Him. (Previous post)

When a violent storm hit the boat that Jesus and His disciples were in, on the Sea of Galilee, they woke Him up. He immediately commanded the wind and the sea, "Hush, be still." and the storm stopped. Once again, God is giving them supernatural evidence that Jesus is MORE than just a man (like He did at the wedding at Cana). We also know that He is not some creature that is greater than man but less than God, because Psalm 89:9 and Psalm 107:29 tell us plainly Who it is Who calms the wind and stills the sea - The Lord God of Hosts! Jehovah God!

dwight92070

Post by dwight92070 » Thu Aug 18, 2022 3:39 pm

When Jesus cast the legion of demons out of the man in the tombs, the man, having been delivered and now in his right mind and clothed, was begging Jesus to allow him to go with Him and His disciples. But Jesus sent him away, saying, "Return to your house and describe what great things GOD has done for you." So he went away, proclaiming throughout the whole city what great things JESUS had done for him.

Was this man disobeying Jesus, by telling his city what great things JESUS had done for him? Jesus specifically told him to describe what great things GOD had done for him. No, I don't think so, the man knew that in praising Jesus, he was praising God. In fact, Jesus Himself made it clear that God had cast those demons out into the swine, God had restored this man's mind, God had clothed him - and yet Jesus did all of those things. Once again, Jesus identifies Himself as GOD.

dwight92070

Post by dwight92070 » Fri Aug 19, 2022 11:51 am

We've all read the story of Jesus feeding the 5000. Well, the scripture says that that was just the men. Let's just say that 80% of those men were married, so that would be 4000 wives. Now we have 9000 people. Now let's say that each couple had an average of 3 children, although it appears that Jewish families were much larger. That would be 12,000 children, so now we have a total of 21,000 people.
I don't know how big their loaves of bread were, but let's use a one pound loaf. If each adult ate 1/2 loaf and the equivalent of 1 fish, then that's 4500 loaves and the equivalent of 9000 fish. If each child ate 1/4 loaf and 1/2 fish, then that's 3000 loaves and 6000 fish.

So now we have the total of 7500 loaves of bread and 15,000 fish!!!

On the other hand, if there were no women and children, just 5000 men, then they could easily eat 2500 loaves of bread and 5000 fish!!!
Any way you look at it, that's a LOT of bread and fish.

As far as I know, nobody has ever multiplied bread and fish since. Not even ONE LOAF or ONE FISH...

There can be ONLY ONE EXPLANATION FOR THIS MIRACLE!!! JESUS IS GOD!!!

Return to “Theology Proper, Christology, Pneumatology”