God, Christ, & The Holy Spirit
dwight92070

Re: Worship Songs

Post by dwight92070 » Wed Apr 26, 2023 9:47 am

darinhouston wrote:
Tue Apr 25, 2023 10:35 pm
dwight92070 wrote:
Tue Apr 25, 2023 8:18 pm
Have you noticed Colossians 4:1 recently? "Masters, grant to your slaves justice and fairness, knowing that you too have a Master in heaven". Shouldn't Paul have said you have "two Masters in heaven" - The Father and Jesus? You mean that there is only ONE Master in heaven?

How about Ephesians 5:9? "And masters, do the same things to them (slaves), and give up threatening, knowing that both their Master and yours is in heaven, ..." Shouldn't Paul have said, "knowing that both their Masters, the Father and Jesus are in heaven?"

No, there is only ONE Master in heaven, yet we know that both the Father and the Son are there. So which ONE is the Master? Jesus is called "Master" dozens of times in the New Testament. Yet the Father too is the Master. They BOTH are the ONE MASTER in heaven. "I and the Father are ONE."
Again, your point is pointless - while analogies always fail, a kid might have two parents - someone might tell a kid to go home and have his parent sign something. I have two bosses above me - someone might say to get permission from my boss at work, though it's equally true I have two bosses (and they aren't equal - one is the ultimate boss).

Dwight - No, actually it's an excellent point. The Bible tells us that there is only ONE Master in heaven and yet, the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit are all there. Who is that ONE master?

Dwight - In fact, there is ONE master in the universe - our Creator, God. "In the beginning God ..."

I think part of the problem is you think so absolutist about these non-didactic points - the Greeks (and the jews) -- (well, the ancients generally) simply didn't think or write in those terms.

Dwight - I think part of the problem is that you don't think Biblically. "All scripture is inspired by God and PROFITABLE FOR TEACHING, for reproof, for correction, for training in righteousness; so that the man of God may be adequate, equipped for every good work."

dwight92070

Re: Worship Songs

Post by dwight92070 » Wed May 03, 2023 10:43 am

"There is only One who is good; ..." Matthew 19:17
"No one is good except God alone." Mark 10:18
"No one is good except God alone." Luke 18:19

"I am the good shepherd; ..." John 10:11
"I am the good shepherd, ..." John 10:14
"Which of you convicts Me of sin?" John 8:46

Jesus said that only God is good, yet He called Himself good, and even claimed to be without sin.
He is claiming to be God.

Any other man called good, and there are many in the scripture, has sinned and will sin in the future. Not Jesus, He was without sin. So any other man called good is only called that because he has repented of his sin, and continues to repent of future sin, and God has forgiven him, and will forgive him. Jesus is saying that He is inherently or intrinsically good, even as God is. No other man is intrinsically good. No other man is God.

Return to “Theology Proper, Christology, Pneumatology”