Is this why some countries / areas suffer?

Man, Sin, & Salvation
tomc

Is this why some countries / areas suffer?

Post by tomc » Fri Mar 20, 2009 1:55 am

In Exodus 20:5 it says "Though shall not bow down thyself to them nor serve them: for I the Lord thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me;
Could it be that countries that are steeped in anti-Christian or anti-Yahweh belief systems have been and are being judged by God for not worshipping him and as a result have been perpetuating this judgement by passing down their belief systems to their children thus perpetuating God's judgement upon their offspring/nations /areas?
I do realize that in other scriptures it is clear that God will not hold the children guilty for their fathers sin anymore and vica versa. I also understand that God was speaking directly to the Nation of Israel while they were in the desert before entering into the promise land. However I was simply wondering about why some nations and areas of the globe seem to be in a constant state of violence,famine, etc... I want to say that my heart truly goes out to these places such as Sudan, Rawanda,Cambodia and so forth and I am not trying to be judgmental at all I am just wrestling with the whole thing. Any comments would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks, Tom

Suzana

Re: Is this why some countries / areas suffer?

Post by Suzana » Fri Apr 03, 2009 10:35 pm

I replied to this lonely post, then realised there is a duplicate thread.... :oops:

:arrow: HERE
Suzana

Return to “Anthropology, Hamartiology, Soteriology”