Strange contemplation pertaining to Jesus death?

Man, Sin, & Salvation
Jim

Strange contemplation pertaining to Jesus death?

Post by Jim » Tue Apr 14, 2009 3:36 pm

I have been thinking a lot about how Paul seems to say a person is saved by faith, then goes on to say a person is justified by the law and that fornicators, etc will not see the Kingdom of God. Here are my question.
Is it possible that God had reached a point of wrathful distruction of Israel and Jesus came to redeem Israel in and around himself while letting those who refused to suffer Gods wrath during that time period?
Is it possible that what Jesus accomplished was the removal of the Israel sin of not being a light unto the world and refusal to listen to God in doing his will an purpose for and thru israel in redeeming His world?
Is it possible the sin that is covered is our refusal to do His bidding towards redemption and not so much the times we sin against the law, though we are not under the law?
It seems Paul still says we must preform works/tasks pertaining to growing the church as commanded by God and that these works will be judged.
Remembering our most holy, pure, blessed, and glorious Lady, the Theotokos and ever virgin Mary, with all the saints, let us commit ourselves and one another and our whole life to Christ our God.

Paidion

Re: Strange contemplation pertaining to Jesus death?

Post by Paidion » Tue Apr 14, 2009 6:20 pm

You said it!

We are not saved by works, but we are not saved without them either! As Paul put it:

For he will render to everyone according to his works: to those who by perseverance in well doing seek for glory and honour and immortality, he will give lasting life; but for those who are self-seeking and are not persuaded by the truth, but are persuaded by wickedness, there will be wrath and fury.

Affliction and anguish for every person who does evil ... but glory and honour and well-being for every one who does good ... For God shows no partiality. (Romans 2:6-11 a "literal" translation)
Paidion

Man judges a person by his past deeds, and administers penalties for his wrongdoing. God judges a person by his present character, and disciplines him that he may become righteous.

Avatar shows me at 75 years old. I am now 83.

Return to “Anthropology, Hamartiology, Soteriology”