what about the soul

Man, Sin, & Salvation
jeremiah

Re: what about the soul

Post by jeremiah » Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:31 am

whats up man,

verbatim, my main contention is this: i don't believe any of the passages you cited teach what you're asserting. i think it is by presupposing a trichotomy of the human person that you can see distinct entities. this seems to be a case of "wherever you go, there you are." i have to get to work, but i look forward to any further discussion that may come. please don't misunderstand me, the presupposition bit is not meant as a pejorative hammer, but only to make clear the root of my intentions regarding this question of human nature. that is, i didn't arrive at my current understanding by ignoring passages about soul and spirit. but rather, through study of the scriptures i came to think they are teaching us something wholly other than what tradition does. later on man, grace and peace...
Also unto thee, O Lord, belongeth mercy: for thou renderest to every man according to his work.

verbatim

Post by verbatim » Tue Mar 06, 2012 7:05 pm

Jeremiah greetings, I’m very sorry that you were frustrated and confused about my response which I fully understood that you are holding in a dichotomy and rejected the doctrine of trichotomy of human nature.
I am no longer surprise that you cannot admit that man is constituted by three parts; spirit, soul and body discounting in what was written in 1 Thess 5:23 & 1 John 5:7-8.
Ecclesiastes 12:13 For God shall bring every work into judgment, with every secret thing, whether [it be] good, or whether [it be] evil.
Because every works of man that he deed shall be brought to judgment, what do you think must do according to Scripture?
1 Corinthians 11:31 For if we would judge ourselves, we should not be judged.
What does it mean to judge ourselves? And who is ourselves?
2 Corinthians 13:5 Examine yourselves, whether ye be in the faith; prove your own selves. Know ye not your own selves, how that Jesus Christ is in you, except ye be reprobates?
So,maybe you fully acknowledge your ownselves more than any man, why did the Scripture said that you must examine your ownselves. Ask your self who is me and who is Jesus Christ that is in me. If you know Jesus Christ is in you, then it is the time that you had leave the doctrine and tradition of man.
Do you really Know if who is Jesus, henceforth Jesus said in John 8;19 Then said they unto him, Where is thy Father? Jesus answered, Ye neither know me, nor my Father: if ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also.
I’ll give you some questionnaire to answer, who is He?
John 1:9-11 [That] was the true Light, which lighteth every man that cometh into the world.
v.10 He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not.
v.11He came unto his own, and his own received him not.
How beautiful upon the mountains are the feet of him that bringeth good tidings, that publisheth peace; that bringeth good tidings of good, that publisheth salvation; that saith unto Zion, Thy God reigneth! Isaiah 52:7

jeremiah

Post by jeremiah » Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:56 pm

good evening verbatim,

no brother, i think you got me wrong. there is no need to be sorry. i was not in the least frustrated or confused regarding your response. i just come from a different perspective than you on this matter. regarding the other passages you cited, all i can do is assure you that every word of God is precious to me. i do not discount anything you pointed to. i merely understand them differently than you do. actually, i am neither a dichotomist or a tricotomist, i think both are false. it seems you think this is an issue that should cause me to examine whether i am in the faith. brother, i respectfully disagree. we may never come to agreement on this topic in this world, but that's ok, if you are in Christ, then i'll see you on the last day, or maybe before then, who knows. "...for I know whom I have believed, and am persuaded that he is able to keep that which I have committed unto him against that day."

grace and peace brother...
Also unto thee, O Lord, belongeth mercy: for thou renderest to every man according to his work.

verbatim

Post by verbatim » Wed Mar 07, 2012 2:10 am

brother jeremiah greetings,
OK, I have no more comment, just a few sharing.
While ye have light, believe in the light, that ye may be the children of light. These things spake Jesus, and departed, and did hide himself from them. John 12:36
And thus are the secrets of his heart made manifest; and so falling down on [his] face he will worship God, and report that God is in you of a truth. 1Corinthians 14:25
Verily thou [art] a God that hidest thyself, O God of Israel, the Saviour.Isaiah 45:15
Grace and Peace.
How beautiful upon the mountains are the feet of him that bringeth good tidings, that publisheth peace; that bringeth good tidings of good, that publisheth salvation; that saith unto Zion, Thy God reigneth! Isaiah 52:7

Return to “Anthropology, Hamartiology, Soteriology”