Who Was Jesus' Biological Father?

Man, Sin, & Salvation
Paidion

Re: Who Was Jesus' Biological Father?

Post by Paidion » Tue Nov 04, 2014 1:38 pm

Dizerner, first of all, Jesus didn't directly create anything. Rather the Father created all things THROUGH Him. While on earth, He could do no miracles. But the Father performed miracles THROUGH Him. He said he could do NOTHING of Himself, that the Father who dwelled within Him did the works.

Secondly, the Son of God emptied Himself of ALL of His divine attributes (Phil 2:7. The RSV, Darby, the Diaglot, Douay, GWV, HCSB, NASB, JB2000, WEB, and YLT correctly translate the Greek as "emptied"), and retained nothing of His former existence except His identity as the Son of God, and, as Homer says, became FULLY human. While on earth, He was not a God-man, but fully a man. Did He not have the same desires as any other man—desires for food and sex? If not He was not a normal human being. Yet with normal human desires, He never sinned, not even once. In this He is the supreme example of what is possible for any human being by the enabling grace of God. If Jesus had been simply God appearing on earth (as the gnostics believed), He would not have been able to accomplish our redemption. But His life here as a human being as well as His death, provided for our redemption from sin and to righteousness. Remember that while we have been reconciled to God by Messiah's death, we are SAVED by His life (Rom 5:10). We all need to be saved from sin. That perfection is possible for any human being, the apostle Paul recognized when he wrote:
Yet indeed I also count all things loss for the excellence of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord, for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and count them as rubbish, that I may gain Christ and be found in Him, not having my own righteousness, which is from the law, but that which is through faith in Christ, the righteousness which is from God by faith; that I may know Him and the power of His resurrection, and the fellowship of His sufferings, being conformed to His death, if, by any means, I may attain to the resurrection from the dead. Not that I have already attained, or am already perfected; but I press on, that I may lay hold of that for which Christ Jesus has also laid hold of me. Brethren, I do not count myself to have apprehended; but one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind and reaching forward to those things which are ahead, I press toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus. (Philippians 3:8-14 NKJV)
Paidion

Man judges a person by his past deeds, and administers penalties for his wrongdoing. God judges a person by his present character, and disciplines him that he may become righteous.

Avatar shows me at 75 years old. I am now 83.

Return to “Anthropology, Hamartiology, Soteriology”