The Coming Great Persecution

End Times
TK

The Coming Great Persecution

Post by TK » Sat May 26, 2012 10:28 pm

I came across this blog post and wondered what y'all think.

http://www.greggordon.net/the-coming-great-persecution/

Do you believe there is a coming great persecution of Christians in America? If so, what should we be doing about it now, other than being in right relationship with the Lord?

I don't like to dwell on such negative things, because I am not sure what is to be gained by it. I figure that my thoughts and focus should be on Him, and then I will ready if bad stuff happens.

TK

Singalphile

Re: The Coming Great Persecution

Post by Singalphile » Sun May 27, 2012 10:52 am

I think the article is a good reminder and I wouldn't disagree much with any of it.

But I would not say that I believe or expect that it will happen, only that it might. Therefore, I would add this to his (good) practical suggestions for us: Try to prevent it from happening with Christ-like love, prayer, witnessing, etc.
Last edited by Singalphile on Sun May 27, 2012 12:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
... that all may honor the Son just as they honor the Father. John 5:23

MMathis

Post by MMathis » Sun May 27, 2012 11:26 am

I think we have seen only the tip of the iceberg so to speak.

The lawsuit to remove the Cross in San Diego and a student being threatened if the mention being Christian in a speech at graduation.

These are only the beginning folks.

The change from "freedom of religion" to "freedom from religion" is underway. Unless of course you are any religion other than Christian, then you will be applauded. After all, Obama said "This is not a Christian nation..." Really? Since when?
Last edited by MMathis on Sun May 27, 2012 10:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MMathis
Las Vegas NV

Jason

Post by Jason » Sun May 27, 2012 9:02 pm

The change from "freedom of religion" to "freedom from religion" is underway. Unless of course you are any religion other than Christian, then you will be applauded. After all, Obama said "This is not a Christian nation..." Really? Since when?
MMathis, this is one of the rare occasions in which I agree with President Obama. If by "Christian Nation," you mean a majority of folks following the teachings of Christ, I would have to dispute this since we've never seen it. I don't have a degree in American History but I'm not ignorant of our history either, and near as I can tell, this nation has given mouth-service to Christian ideals at various times but the US has a spotty history when it comes to the Christ-like obedience of the masses (or their leaders). The early Christians who "moved into" the New World justified killing or lying to the local pagans by interpreting their voyage and later continued expansion as Manifest Destiny, or the idea that white Protestants are akin to ancient Israel displacing the inhabitants of Canaan. Perhaps you are using the term "Christian Nation" as something other than I've described. If so, please feel free to elaborate on what is meant by it.

MMathis

Post by MMathis » Sun May 27, 2012 10:09 pm

Yikes!!
MMathis
Las Vegas NV

Return to “Eschatology”