TIME, TIMES, AND 1/2 A TIME

End Times
_JEREMIAH

TIME, TIMES, AND 1/2 A TIME

Post by _JEREMIAH » Sat Apr 23, 2005 1:12 am

How many ways can things be measured? Distance, weight, and time are three ways that things can be measured. The bible speaks of measurement metaphorically also. "Thou art weighed in the balances and found wanting", "with what measure you measure you shall be measured", "What is the length and breadth, and height of the love of Christ" Paul spoke of being "pressed out of measure."

As far as time is concerned men often seek from God an answer to the length of time they must endure something. "How long will you forget me?" "How long will the wicked triumph?" The anwer to this question, if answered, is always different as far as minutes and hours are concerned. But metaphorically the answer is always the same...IN THE FULNESS OF TIME. Seeing that it is not given to us to know the times or seasons which God has put in his own power, why do fools persist in using these verses to calculate the end of the world? No man knows the day or hour! But some fools will tell you they do. Perhaps if this is a metaphoric measurement of time...IN THE FULNESS OF TIME, it is symbolized by a time, times, and 1/2 a time. If this is the only answer we are given pertaining to times and seasons the answer is stated many different ways 3 1/2 years, 42 months 1260 days. If I say I will be somewhere in 1 hour, 60 minutes, or 3600 seconds I am saying the same thing.

As to how long the beast will continue, how long the two witnesses will prophecy, the woman be nourished in the wilderness I don't know that we are being given a literal time period, but perhaps a metaphorical measurement being IN THE FULNESS OF TIME.

Thus when Daniel asks, How long shall it be til the end of these wonders? The angel lifts his hands and swears by him who lives forever and ever that it will be a time, times and a 1/2 a time. In other words, I'm not telling you anything! But I swear by God that it will be fair, IN THE FULNESS OF TIME.

In Daniel a time, times, and 1/2 a time corresponds to 1290 days whereas in the New Testament it corresponds to 1260 days. I think that all he is signifying is that as Christ said, the days of affliction would be shortened for the elects sakes under the New Testament.

Also it says, Blessed is he who comes to the 1335 days. If 1290 days signified whats fair and good in God's eyes. Then 1335 days would be excessive. I think that it is signifying that those who go beyond the call of duty are blessed. Even as Paul said, "we were pressed out of MEASURE, above strength.."

My belief is that many things in the bible which are great mysteries to us, when understood will convey a simple truth.
Last edited by Guest on Wed Dec 31, 1969 7:00 pm, edited 0 times in total.
Reason:

Return to “Eschatology”