Does Satan have the same powers today as in Job?

Angels & Demons
_Sam McNear

Does Satan have the same powers today as in Job?

Post by _Sam McNear » Wed Sep 12, 2007 1:05 pm

Does Satan :twisted: have the same powers today as in the book of Job? Satan was allowed in heaven in the book of Job, but in revelations he was kicked out. When he was kicked out after Christ died and was resurrected, was Satan allowed back in heaven like before? If he is not allowed in heaven does he have the powers he had in the time of book of Job to control weather, etc… since he can’t get to the throne room to ask God’s permission as he did to destroy Jobs belongings? Is this what is meant by Satan being bond in the kingdom age? I can go on but this will get the conversation started. Thanks :!:
Last edited by Guest on Wed Dec 31, 1969 7:00 pm, edited 0 times in total.
Reason:
Sam McNear

To know God and to make Him known - that is the most important thing!

_Murf

Post by _Murf » Wed Sep 12, 2007 4:24 pm

I think the short answer is yes, because Satan has always only had the power to do what God allows him to do.

I think the symbolic language in Revelations refers to Jesus' victory over death at the cross not necessarily a physical lock on Heaven.

tim
Last edited by Guest on Wed Dec 31, 1969 7:00 pm, edited 0 times in total.
Reason:

SamMcNear

Re: Does Satan have the same powers today as in Job?

Post by SamMcNear » Fri Aug 14, 2009 12:10 am

I have a hard time thinking satan has the same power. Did not Jesus come and bind the strong man? He lost his power to go into the throne room of God and heaven. I wonder what power satan has lost.

Return to “Angelology & Demonology”