Demonic oppression recently

Angels & Demons
Ian

Re: Demonic oppression recently

Post by Ian » Sat Jun 04, 2016 3:26 pm

I`m not necessarily a Christian Universalist Dizerner. On the other hand I don`t label myself a Calvinist or Arminianist either. I don`t think the Bible has given us enough clarity for us to do more than fence-sit on that one.
I know you think differently, that`s ok.

willowtree

Post by willowtree » Sat Jun 04, 2016 4:19 pm

In my somewhat limited exposure to demonic control I have come to understand some basic concepts that I believe to be true and that remove a lot of confusion about what we can/cannot do and how we should proceed.

Firstly, we need to recognize the levels of strength on the one hand, and authority on the other, that we have in Christ. In terms of strength, we are the weakest of all. God is the strongest, and Satan has more power than we do. However, in terms of authority in Christ, God is the source of our strength, and through him we have authority over Satan. The devil was defeated through Christ's salvation on the cross.

Secondly, we need to recognize the limits of our authority. By this I mean, and here is where my Arminianism helps me, we have authority only where person under demonic control gives permission for spiritual deliverance. He or his parents must allow this. This, to me is why Jesus asked the demoniac what his name was. It was to seek the demoniac's permission to provide deliverance. It is also to be noted that when Jesus dealt with children, the parents were present.

In your situation, you have authority in Christ to command the demons to stop interfering in your life and that of your wife. This is where I would start. Begin to take back from Satan your home, your health, your wife's health, your bus driving, and any other events that you believe are related to Satan's interference. As a believer in Christ, and under his Lordship you have this
authority. As you take these back you will see some interesting changes in the lives of you and your wife and also likely in your bus kid. Remember that he too is victim in this sorry situation.

Graeme
If you find yourself between a rock and a hard place, always head for the rock. Ps 62..

Ian

Post by Ian » Sun Jun 05, 2016 2:36 am

Great reply Graeme, thanks. I`ll refer back to it from time to time.

I`m uncertain about "This, to me is why Jesus asked the demoniac what his name was." but definitely agree on the general tenor of your post.

willowtree

Post by willowtree » Sun Jun 05, 2016 12:38 pm

Ian wrote:Great reply Graeme, thanks. I`ll refer back to it from time to time.

I`m uncertain about "This, to me is why Jesus asked the demoniac what his name was." but definitely agree on the general tenor of your post.
So am I, but here's some thoughts that contribute. A person's name is important to himself as it characterizes all that he is, and uniquely identifies him. Naming a person represents in a sense a control that the namer has over the namee., e.g. as a parent chooses the names of their children. When God asked Adam to name all the animals it elevated Adam's status above all other created beings. When we are asked to give our name, (e.g. to the cop who pulled us over), we yield a measure of control, however small, to the one we give it.

The twist in the story of the demoniac is that when Jesus asked the man his name it was the demons who replied. This. let Jesus know that the demoniac had no control, but ironically, it lessened the control the demons had because they had exposed who they really were. The result was that Jesus was now free to restore normality to the man (allowing him to again use his real name), and exercise spiritual authority over the demons.

So the sense of it all is that the demons, anxious not to allow the man to speak for himself and ask Jesus for help, rushed in to give their names, and in so doing yielded control, anyway. It was a no-win situation for the demons, as indeed it will ultimately be at the of time.

Graeme
If you find yourself between a rock and a hard place, always head for the rock. Ps 62..

jaydam

Post by jaydam » Mon Jun 06, 2016 1:51 pm

Apparently the lessons/trials/tests are not done yet - which is interesting because the woman who prophesied over me had said more were coming soon. There is a gentleman (using the term loosely) who had an altercation with my wife almost a year ago, and the police were called. He was drunk and ran into traffic, hitting the side of my wife's car. The police cleared my wife of any wrong doing, but some attorney got ahold the man and said he should file a claim that my wife hit him with her vehicle.

It took a few months, but after reviewing the 911 calls, police records, etc. our insurance did found, like the police on the scene, that my wife did nothing wrong. The claim was closed months ago.

Then this weekend a threatening letter came in the mail from the man who has our home address because that is part of open legal records and the police would not withhold it from him despite our request.

There are many aspects I deal spiritually with related this this incident, but the biggest one is that my heart goes out to the man. He is my age, caught up in the same addictions I was (drugs and alcohol), and I truly believe he was injured when he ran into my wife's car and fell, unable to catch himself due to his drunken state. I have wanted to meet with the man, express sympathy to him, share the gospel with him and my experience, and even offer what financial assistance I can.

Yet, I have been advised that in our current legal system, any extension of finances or even sympathy is permissible in court, and will cause a presumed finding of guilty as our actions will be seen as acknowledging responsibility in the matter, not charity.

I have debated about risking the judicial problem to extend my hand in love to this man.

Additionally, this incident is also testing my spiritual resolve to pursue peace and pray for my enemy and love them despite the threat they may pose.

As this interesting time in my life continues, I would appreciate prayers for safety and that God would reach this man as God reached me 5 years ago this month. I've wondered if my life is being shaken/tested right now as I have hit what I felt was a milestone mark of exactly 5 years of salvation from a violent, drug and alcohol filled past.

Paidion

Post by Paidion » Mon Jun 06, 2016 3:22 pm

Jaydam, I deeply admire the Christ-like love you have for this man who is a threat to your well-being. I pray that you may find the opportunity to express that love for him.

Yes, the legal system seems to work against love. I won't say that you should offer the man help anyway, since I am neither aware of the details of the case nor the will of God in the matter. But I will continue to pray.

With love in the Altogether Lovely One,
Paidion

Man judges a person by his past deeds, and administers penalties for his wrongdoing. God judges a person by his present character, and disciplines him that he may become righteous.

Avatar shows me at 75 years old. I am now 83.

jaydam

Post by jaydam » Mon Jun 06, 2016 4:56 pm

Paidion wrote:Jaydam, I deeply admire the Christ-like love you have for this man who is a threat to your well-being. I pray that you may find the opportunity to express that love for him.

Yes, the legal system seems to work against love. I won't say that you should offer the man help anyway, since I am neither aware of the details of the case nor the will of God in the matter. But I will continue to pray.

With love in the Altogether Lovely One,
Thank you. I must admit the Christ-like love is easier typed about here than actually offered whether it be by actively extending my hand, or preventing my hand from reaching out in harm in reaction to a threatening letter.

It seems that, just as the woman prophesied over me a couple of weeks ago, the events over the last 5 weeks and into the present are hitting specifically on where I am either weak or have never been tested. Yet, despite knowing what is going on, it is interesting that in the testing I have found myself gaining confidence and clarity in these areas about theology and myself.

I appreciate the prayers for myself and this other man.

Ian

Post by Ian » Mon Jul 04, 2016 2:13 pm

Graeme wrote:
Begin to take back from Satan your home, your health, your wife's health, your bus driving, and any other events that you believe are related to Satan's interference.
If you were in my shoes, Graeme, what shape would that take? For example would you fast (even if you felt you weren`t expressly told to)?

There are some people who believe that all humans have demons lodged in them that need delivering.* Would you, if for example you felt you had an inordinate "spirit" of fear about your circumstances, attempt self-deliverance ?
I ask because I have attempted that more than once, but strongly so on Sunday. And what was my unruly charge`s choice communication for today in the bus?: "out! no; out! no."

* eg this guy:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJ4RugGf4JI

dizerner

Post by dizerner » Mon Jul 04, 2016 9:38 pm

Ian wrote:Graeme wrote:
Begin to take back from Satan your home, your health, your wife's health, your bus driving, and any other events that you believe are related to Satan's interference.
If you were in my shoes, Graeme, what shape would that take? For example would you fast (even if you felt you weren`t expressly told to)?

There are some people who believe that all humans have demons lodged in them that need delivering.* Would you, if for example you felt you had an inordinate "spirit" of fear about your circumstances, attempt self-deliverance ?
I ask because I have attempted that more than once, but strongly so on Sunday. And what was my unruly charge`s choice communication for today in the bus?: "out! no; out! no."

* eg this guy:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJ4RugGf4JI
Lol. Your little precious is a clairvoyant for sure. Take it seriously, I say. I'd fast in a heartbeat. Not going to hurt you either way. And get that Word of God, that Scripture, in your heart! In fact I've been there and I do everything I can think of... :lol: faith without works is dead, bro. But God gives us the victory through Jesus Christ our Lord. Don't take this lying down, you are being challenged to be who you are in Christ! 8-) Remember, the weapons of our warfare are not of this world. And your little clairvoyant knows that, let me tell you. Take some communion, dedicate yourself to this fight. The high call of God awaits you. Much love.

Ian

Post by Ian » Tue Jul 05, 2016 3:07 am

Thanks Dizerner.

Clairvoyant indeed. On Friday he chanted about 10 times in German "uncetain! uncertain!" It`s my wife`s health that has destabilized me not my little precious` behaviour as such. But you`re right to exhort me.

Return to “Angelology & Demonology”