speaking in tongues

Perry

Re: speaking in tongues

Post by Perry » Wed Apr 11, 2012 7:47 am

Verbatim,
In looking at all your posts, one would conclude that, unless you speak in tongues, you are not saved. Is this what you affirm?

verbatim

Post by verbatim » Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:06 am

Perry wrote:
In looking at all your posts, one would conclude that, unless you speak in tongues, you are not saved. Is this what you affirm?
Before I answer your question allow me to clarify my position in this topic “speaking in tongues” to avoid further misunderstanding. Common speaking of tongues or “glossolalia” which are Speaking in tongues; speaking a language one does not know, or speaking elaborate but apparently meaningless speech, while in a trance-like state (or, supposedly, under the influence of spirits)which is being practice in some religious sect.
What I’m affirming is the speaking of tongues of fire in Act 2:1 And when the day of Pentecost was fully come, they were all with one accord in one place.
Act 2:2 And suddenly there came a sound from heaven as of a rushing mighty wind, and it filled all the house where they were sitting.
Act 2:3 And there appeared unto them cloven tongues like as of fire, and it sat upon each of them.
Act 2:4 And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance.
This other tongues is not tongue or language of man but the pertain to Psa 12:6 The words of the LORD are pure words: as silver tried in a furnace of earth, purified seven times.
Psa 12:7 Thou shalt keep them, O LORD, thou shalt preserve them from this generation for ever.
This correlates with Mat 16:18 And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.
Mat 16:19 And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.
Unless one knows the key of heaven, he cannot built the temple of God which was describe in
Pro 9:1 Wisdom hath builded her house, she hath hewn out her seven pillars:
Scriptures even affirm that 1Co 6:19 What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?
1Co 6:20 For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God's.
And if we do not know the words of the Lord Psalm 12:6 we are empty vessel null and void
Jer 4:22 For my people is foolish, they have not known me; they are sottish children, and they have none understanding: they are wise to do evil, but to do good they have no knowledge.
Jer 4:23 I beheld the earth, and, lo, it was without form, and void; and the heavens, and they had no light
Rom 14:11 For it is written, As I live, saith the Lord, every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall confess to God.
Rom 14:12 So then every one of us shall give account of himself to God. (All Scriptures are KJV)

Let Lord Jesus judge us in the last day.

Thanks and God bless.
How beautiful upon the mountains are the feet of him that bringeth good tidings, that publisheth peace; that bringeth good tidings of good, that publisheth salvation; that saith unto Zion, Thy God reigneth! Isaiah 52:7

jriccitelli

Post by jriccitelli » Thu Apr 12, 2012 8:54 am

Shamala halala samalla benihanna lalala shanna nanananana.
I am convinced that there 'is' an angelic language, but I can bet my life that this is not it.
Those of you who 'really' speak in tongues should be really alert to those who go around speaking the language above. I would encourage those of you who do speak in the tongues of angels to 'warn' those speaking this nonsense to realize how they are dishonoring the Holy Spirit, and the Church in general.

I do consider that many do speak in tongues of Angels, not myself, so I can't say what it is, but I do know what it isn't.

Homer

Post by Homer » Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:08 am

verbatim

Post by verbatim » Thu Apr 12, 2012 7:01 pm

Homer, Thanks for the good article which are written commentaries of Bible scholar. It is very
Informative for learning and searching for guidance spiritual knowledge and understanding of the Holy Scripture , but I’m sorry that after reading the whole article it is also similar to what I understand to the preaching of Paul and my final observation lead me to what Jesus said in;
Mat 11:25 At that time Jesus answered and said, I thank thee, O Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because thou hast hid these things from the wise and prudent, and hast revealed them unto babes.

And with Paul’s word:
1Co 1:19 For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding of the prudent.
1Co 1:20 Where is the wise? where is the scribe? where is the disputer of this world? hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world?
1Co 1:21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe.
1Co 1:25 Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men; and the weakness of God is stronger than men.
Who among the Bible commentator could explain or unlock the text like Psalm 12:6-7 that appears to present God's promise to keep His words from the time they are given to the end of time and for ever, must be negated.
Psa 12:6 The words of the LORD are pure words: as silver tried in a furnace of earth, purified seven times.
Psa 12:7 Thou shalt keep them, O LORD, thou shalt preserve them from this generation for ever.
1Co 1:26 For ye see your calling, brethren, how that not many wise men after the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble, are called:
1Co 1:27 But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty;
1Co 1:28 And base things of the world, and things which are despised, hath God chosen, yea, and things which are not, to bring to nought things that are:
1Co 1:29 That no flesh should glory in his presence.
1Co 1:30 But of him are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption:
1Co 1:31 That, according as it is written, He that glorieth, let him glory in the Lord.

Jeremiah 5:15 I am going to bring upon you a nation from far away, O house of Israel, says the LORD. It is an enduring nation, it is an ancient nation, a nation whose language you do not know, nor can you understand what they say.
1Co 14:21 In the law it is written, With men of other tongues and other lips will I speak unto this people; and yet for all that will they not hear me, saith the Lord.
1Co 14:22 Wherefore tongues are for a sign, not to them that believe, but to them that believe not: but prophesying serveth not for them that believe not, but for them which believe.
Thus, any text like Psalm 12:6-7 that appears to present God's promise to keep His words from the time they are given to the end of time and for ever, must be negated.
"As for me, this is my covenant with them, saith the LORD; My spirit that is upon thee, and my words which I have put in thy mouth, shall not depart out of thy mouth, nor out of the mouth of thy seed, nor out of the mouth of thy seed's seed, saith the LORD, from henceforth and for ever." Isaiah 59:21
Exo 3:15 And God said moreover unto Moses, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, The LORD God of your fathers, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob, hath sent me unto you: this is my name for ever, and this is my memorial unto all generations.

Psa 138:1 A Psalm of David. I will praise thee with my whole heart: before the gods will I sing praise unto thee.
Psa 138:2 I will worship toward thy holy temple, and praise thy name for thy lovingkindness and for thy truth: for thou hast magnified thy word above all thy name. (All Scriptures are KJV)

Thanks and God bless.
How beautiful upon the mountains are the feet of him that bringeth good tidings, that publisheth peace; that bringeth good tidings of good, that publisheth salvation; that saith unto Zion, Thy God reigneth! Isaiah 52:7

verbatim

Post by verbatim » Fri Apr 27, 2012 12:50 am

What is unspoken language? Here is what the Scripture says;
I knew a man in Christ above fourteen years ago, (whether in the body, I cannot tell; or whether out of the body, I cannot tell: God knoweth;) such an one caught up to the third heaven.
And I knew such a man, (whether in the body, or out of the body, I cannot tell: God knoweth;)
How that he was caught up into paradise, and heard unspeakable words, which it is not lawful for a man to utter.
Of such an one will I glory: yet of myself I will not glory, but in mine infirmities. 2 Cor 12:2-5
Eph 1:6 To the praise of the glory of his grace, wherein he hath made us accepted in the beloved.
Eph 1:12 That we should be to the praise of his glory, who first trusted in Christ.
Eph 1:17 That the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give unto you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of him:
So, the unspoken language is Hebrews 13:15 By him therefore let us offer the sacrifice of praise to God continually, that is, the fruit of our lips giving thanks to his name.
All these things spake Jesus unto the multitude in parables; and without a parable spake he not unto them: That it might be fulfilled which was spoken by the prophet, saying, I will open my mouth in parables; I will utter things which have been kept secret from the foundation of the world. Mat 13:34-35
Psa 12:6 The words of the LORD are pure words: as silver tried in a furnace of earth, purified seven times.
The Word of God often refers to itself as a seed. There are a total of forty-four verses in the New Testament where the Greek word “sperma” was translated “seed.” This is the same word from which we derive our English word “sperm.”
To conceive and give birth to the miracles you need, you must first plant God’s Word like a seed in your heart. Conception cannot take place without first planting the seed. There has only been one virgin birth, and the birth of you’re miracle won’t be the second.
I constantly meet Christians who pray and believe for God’s intervention in their lives, but remain frustrated with the results. It’s because they are missing the seeds of conception; they just don’t know God’s Word.
In Mark 4, the Lord taught three parables which illustrate that the Word is to the kingdom of God what a natural seed is to a harvest. The first of these parables, the story of the sower, is the key to unlocking all the Word of God (Mark 4:13). If we don’t understand these truths, Jesus said we won’t understand any of His other parables.
There are many life-changing truths in these parables, but one fact must be understood to get the full benefit of this teaching. The Lord used
This is why our Lord chose to compare the way His Word works to a seed. There is a germination process of the Word of God in your life that takes time and can’t be avoided. In the second parable of
Mark 4, Jesus said in verses 26-29, Luke 8:11
“So is the kingdom of God, as if a man should cast seed into the ground; And should sleep, and rise night and day, and the seed should spring and grow up, he knoweth not how. For the earth bringeth forth fruit of herself; first the blade, then the ear, after that the full corn in the ear. But when the fruit is brought forth, immediately he putteth in the sickle, because the harvest is come.”
In natural germination process, Dormant seeds are very dry and require the absorption of water to initiate the metabolic processes of respiration and begin to digest their stored food. Respiration requires the presence of oxygen, which must be sufficiently available in the soil for germination to proceed, so the soil must be wet but not so waterlogged as to make oxygen inaccessible. If conditions are right, a radicle (an embryonic root) emerges from the seed coat, anchoring the seed; it then grows and puts out lateral roots. In most eudicots, a part of the developing stem, either the epicotyl (the stem above the cotyledons) or the hypocotyl (the stem below the cotyledons) elongates, forming a hook and gradually pulling the seed coat and the delicate shoot tip above the soil surface. Germination of eudicot seeds is normally divided into two types, designated epigeous and hypogeous. In epigeous germination, the cotyledons emerge above the soil surface, and wither and drop off after their food stores have been used up; in hypogeous germination, the cotyledons remain below the surface and decompose after their food stores have been used up. In most monocots, food is stored in the seed's endosperm (rather than the cotyledon), and it is the single tubular cotyledon that elongates and draws the seed coat out of the soil. The cotyledon conducts photosynthesis, making more food, while the shoot grows up inside the tube. ( source. Dept. of Plant and Sciences)
In spiritual process the seed is the Word of God( John 1:14 ) Luk 8:11 Now the parable is this: The seed is the word of God. which is Christ ( Gal 3:16 ) Now to Abraham and his seed were the promises made. He saith not, And to seeds, as of many; but as of one, And to thy seed, which is Christ. the embryonic root of David ( Rev 5:5 ) And one of the elders saith unto me, Weep not: behold, the Lion of the tribe of Juda, the Root of David, hath prevailed to open the book, and to loose the seven seals thereof. cotyledons or the leaf of seed which is the cherubim ( Gen 3:25 ) So he drove out the man; and he placed at the east of the garden of Eden Cherubims, and a flaming sword which turned every way, to keep the way of the tree of life. that protects the epicotyls or spores, that upon it’s growth shall be the branches Isa 11:1-2 And there shall come forth a rod out of the stem of Jesse, and a Branch shall grow out of his roots: And the spirit of the LORD shall rest upon him, the spirit of wisdom and understanding, the spirit of counsel and might, the spirit of knowledge and of the fear of the LORD;
Rev 2:7 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the tree of life, which is in the midst of the paradise of God. Thanks and God bless.
(All Scriptures are KJV)

verbatim

Post by verbatim » Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:58 am

Hi All,
What is the significance of Act 12:24 But the word of God grew and multiplied. And what is it’s relativity in unspoken language?
It was clarified in John 12:24 Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except a corn of wheat fall into the ground and die, it abideth alone: but if it die, it bringeth forth much fruit.
It means that if you kept the grain in the storehouse it will remain itself as agrain, but if you sow it the grain will sprout and grow and have leaves and fruits and even the birds can rest in it.
Same with Jesus parable the seed is the word of God. That if the Father did not sent the WORD and incarnate, the Word will remain alone and the whole world shall perish. John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. Jesus preaches the parable in Mark 4:23-29
If any man have ears to hear, let him hear.
And he said unto them, Take heed what ye hear: with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you: and unto you that hear shall more be given.
For he that hath, to him shall be given: and he that hath not, from him shall be taken even that which he hath.
And he said, So is the kingdom of God, as if a man should cast seed into the ground;
And should sleep, and rise night and day, and the seed should spring and grow up, he knoweth not how.
For the earth bringeth forth fruit of herself; first the blade, then the ear, after that the full corn in the ear.
But when the fruit is brought forth, immediately he putteth in the sickle, because the harvest is come. (context KJV)

So, is the WORD of God, we all know that Christ is the Word ( John 1:1 ), and Christ is the Seed of Abraham ( Gal 3:16 ) and Christ is the Root of David ( Rev 5:5 ) and the seed is the Word of God ( Luke 8:11 ) we must receive the word that is engrafted to us ( James 1:21) which is able to save our soul.
Apostles preaches the Word of God as Paul said in 1 Cor 3:6-8 I have planted, Apollos watered; but God gave the increase. So then neither is he that planteth any thing, neither he that watereth; but God that giveth the increase. Now he that planteth and he that watereth are one: and every man shall receive his own reward according to his own labour.(context KJV)

One must able to know the secret behind the “Word or Logos”( John 1:1 ) which the Holy Spirit or Comforter was designated to teach us. We must first received and plant the word in our heart and watered it by faith and prayer and God will give the increase.
Thou fool, that which thou sowest is not quickened, except it die:
And that which thou sowest, thou sowest not that body that shall be, but bare grain, it may chance of wheat, or of some other grain:
But God giveth it a body as it hath pleased him, and to every seed his own body.(1 Cor 15:36-38 )
Gal 6:7 Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap.
Gal 6:8 For he that soweth to his flesh shall of the flesh reap corruption; but he that soweth to the Spirit shall of the Spirit reap life everlasting. (context KJV)

Thanks and God bless.

parsonsmom

Post by parsonsmom » Tue May 01, 2012 8:21 pm

verbatim wrote:Perry wrote:
Before I answer your question allow me to clarify my position in this topic “speaking in tongues” to avoid further misunderstanding. Common speaking of tongues or “glossolalia” which are Speaking in tongues; speaking a language one does not know, or speaking elaborate but apparently meaningless speech, while in a trance-like state (or, supposedly, under the influence of spirits)which is being practice in some religious sect.
What I’m affirming is the speaking of tongues of fire in Act 2:1 And when the day of Pentecost was fully come, they were all with one accord in one place.
Act 2:2 And suddenly there came a sound from heaven as of a rushing mighty wind, and it filled all the house where they were sitting.
Act 2:3 And there appeared unto them cloven tongues like as of fire, and it sat upon each of them.
Act 2:4 And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance.
This other tongues is not tongue or language of man but the pertain to Psa 12:6 The words of the LORD are pure words: as silver tried in a furnace of earth, purified seven times.
This correlates with Mat 16:18 And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.
Mat 16:19 And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.
Unless one knows the key of heaven, he cannot built the temple of God which was describe in
Pro 9:1 Wisdom hath builded her house, she hath hewn out her seven pillars:
Scriptures even affirm that 1Co 6:19 What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?
1Co 6:20 For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God's.
And if we do not know the words of the Lord Psalm 12:6 we are empty vessel null and void
Jer 4:22 For my people is foolish, they have not known me; they are sottish children, and they have none understanding: they are wise to do evil, but to do good they have no knowledge.
Jer 4:23 I beheld the earth, and, lo, it was without form, and void; and the heavens, and they had no light
Rom 14:11 For it is written, As I live, saith the Lord, every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall confess to God.
Rom 14:12 So then every one of us shall give account of himself to God. (All Scriptures are KJV)

Let Lord Jesus judge us in the last day.

Thanks and God bless.

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Perry wrote:

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

WHEN the day of Pentecost had fully come; they were all assembled together in one place;
suddenly there came a sound from heaven like the rushing of a violent tempest blast; and it filled the whole house in which they were sitting; And there appeared to them tongues resembling fire; which were separated; and distributed; and which settled on each one of them; And they were all filled; diffused throughout their souls; with the Holy Spirit; and began to speak in other; different; foreign; languages; tongues; as the Spirit kept giving them clear and loud expression; in each tongue in appropriate words.

I want to say That tongues sould not be used without an interpeter; Paul was clear about that; there are two different tongues; One is the private prayer closet; The other is the Gift of tongues and interpeting what is said.

Respectfully; Parsonsmom

verbatim

Post by verbatim » Wed May 02, 2012 8:07 am

Parsonsmom wrote:
WHEN the day of Pentecost had fully come; they were all assembled together in one place;
suddenly there came a sound from heaven like the rushing of a violent tempest blast; and it filled the whole house in which they were sitting; And there appeared to them tongues resembling fire; which were separated; and distributed; and which settled on each one of them; And they were all filled; diffused throughout their souls; with the Holy Spirit; and began to speak in other; different; foreign; languages; tongues; as the Spirit kept giving them clear and loud expression; in each tongue in appropriate words.
Let us study what happen in the day of Pentecost and let the Scripture interpret Scripture in regarding
the rushing of a violent tempest blast and resembling tongues of fire which in my viewpoint are allegorized words.
John 3:8 The wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth: so is every one that is born of the Spirit.
Deut 4:12 And the LORD spake unto you out of the midst of the fire: ye heard the voice of the words, but saw no similitude; only ye heard a voice.
1King 19:11 And he said, Go forth, and stand upon the mount before the LORD. And, behold, the LORD passed by, and a great and strong wind rent the mountains, and brake in pieces the rocks before the LORD; but the LORD was not in the wind: and after the wind an earthquake; but the LORD was not in the earthquake:
1King 19:12 And after the earthquake a fire; but the LORD was not in the fire: and after the fire a still small voice. (context KJV)
So, the different foreign languages that they heard is the fulfillment of Jesus words in:
John 16:13 Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.
John 16:14 He shall glorify me: for he shall receive of mine, and shall shew it unto you.
John 16:15 All things that the Father hath are mine: therefore said I, that he shall take of mine, and shall shew it unto you.
Heb 3:7 Wherefore (as the Holy Ghost saith, To day if ye will hear his voice,
Heb 3:8 Harden not your hearts, as in the provocation, in the day of temptation in the wilderness:
This also related to Jesus preaching in John 5:37-38 And the Father himself, which hath sent me, hath borne witness of me. Ye have neither heard his voice at any time, nor seen his shape. And ye have not his word abiding in you: for whom he hath sent, him ye believe not.
John 7:37-39 In the last day, that great day of the feast, Jesus stood and cried, saying, If any man thirst, let him come unto me, and drink. He that believeth on me, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water. (But this spake he of the Spirit, which they that believe on him should receive: for the Holy Ghost was not yet given; because that Jesus was not yet glorified.)

Parsonsmom wrote:
I want to say That tongues sould not be used without an interpeter; Paul was clear about that; there are two different tongues; One is the private prayer closet; The other is the Gift of tongues and interpeting what is said.
Right. I’ll explain the two different category, first is “ tongues in private closet” or individual praising to the Lord.
1Cor 14:2 For he that speaketh in an unknown tongue speaketh not unto men, but unto God: for no man understandeth him; howbeit in the spirit he speaketh mysteries.
1Cor 14:14 For if I pray in an unknown tongue, my spirit prayeth, but my understanding is unfruitful.
1Cor 14:15 What is it then? I will pray with the spirit, and I will pray with the understanding also: I will sing with the spirit, and I will sing with the understanding also.
2Cor 12:2 I knew a man in Christ above fourteen years ago, (whether in the body, I cannot tell; or whether out of the body, I cannot tell: God knoweth;) such an one caught up to the third heaven.
2Cor 12:3 And I knew such a man, (whether in the body, or out of the body, I cannot tell: God knoweth;)
2Cor 12:4 How that he was caught up into paradise, and heard unspeakable words, which it is not lawful for a man to utter.
Heb 13:15 By him therefore let us offer the sacrifice of praise to God continually, that is, the fruit of our lips giving thanks to his name. [/quote]

And the other is the Gift of tongues and interpreting what is said;
1 Cor 14:6 Now, brethren, if I come unto you speaking with tongues, what shall I profit you, except I shall speak to you either by revelation, or by knowledge, or by prophesying, or by doctrine?
1 Cor 14:9 So likewise ye, except ye utter by the tongue words easy to be understood, how shall it be known what is spoken? for ye shall speak into the air.
1 Cor 14:13 Wherefore let him that speaketh in an unknown tongue pray that he may interpret.
Thanks and God bless.

Perry

Post by Perry » Wed May 02, 2012 8:15 am

For the record, I still don't feel like I've been given a straight up answer. Saying that the disciples spoke in tongues on Pentecost doesn't answer my question. I agree that they did. That's not the question.

I've never spoken in tongues. Am I damned?

Return to “General Bible Discussion”