speaking in tongues

verbatim

Re: speaking in tongues

Post by verbatim » Fri May 04, 2012 10:38 pm

Hi All,
What other biblical perspective or in depth meaning is related to the unspoken languages?
1) Rev 2:7 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the tree of life, which is in the midst of the paradise of God. ( see also 2 Cor 12:2-5)
Unlike in the cusred of God to the first couple when they were drove out of the garden the one who overcomes will not be forbidden to eat the fruit but will eat the tree of life.
Rev 22:14 Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.
2) Rev 7:14 And I said unto him, Sir, thou knowest. And he said to me, These are they which came out of great tribulation, and have washed their robes, and made them white in the blood of the Lamb.
Rev 3:18 I counsel thee to buy of me gold tried in the fire, that thou mayest be rich; and white raiment, that thou mayest be clothed, and that the shame of thy nakedness do not appear; and anoint thine eyes with eyesalve, that thou mayest see.
1Jn 1:7 But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.
Rev 19:8 And to her was granted that she should be arrayed in fine linen, clean and white: for the fine linen is the righteousness of saints.

Rev 19:13 And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God. ( this pertain to new name Christ will give to faithful who overcomes Rev 2:17)

This is similar to scene where God removed the filthy garment of Joshua and clothed with change raiment. Zec.3:3-9
Now Joshua was clothed with filthy garments, and stood before the angel.
And he answered and spake unto those that stood before him, saying, Take away the filthy garments from him. And unto him he said, Behold, I have caused thine iniquity to pass from thee, and I will clothe thee with change of raiment.
And I said, Let them set a fair mitre upon his head. So they set a fair mitre upon his head, and clothed him with garments. And the angel of the LORD stood by.
And the angel of the LORD protested unto Joshua, saying,
Thus saith the LORD of hosts; If thou wilt walk in my ways, and if thou wilt keep my charge, then thou shalt also judge my house, and shalt also keep my courts, and I will give thee places to walk among these that stand by.
Hear now, O Joshua the high priest, thou, and thy fellows that sit before thee: for they are men wondered at: for, behold, I will bring forth my servant the BRANCH.
For behold the stone that I have laid before Joshua; upon one stone shall be seven eyes: behold, I will engrave the graving thereof, saith the LORD of hosts, and I will remove the iniquity of that land in one day.

The word for atonement or reconciliation will be reveal to us.
3)Heb 12:24 And to Jesus the mediator of the new covenant, and to the blood of sprinkling, that speaketh better things than that of Abel.
2Co 5:18 And all things are of God, who hath reconciled us to himself by Jesus Christ, and hath given to us the ministry of reconciliation;
2Co 5:19 To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.

Thanks and God bless.
How beautiful upon the mountains are the feet of him that bringeth good tidings, that publisheth peace; that bringeth good tidings of good, that publisheth salvation; that saith unto Zion, Thy God reigneth! Isaiah 52:7

verbatim

Post by verbatim » Sat May 05, 2012 2:22 am

Greetings, Verbatim – I find your posts - your choices of scripture - very interesting. Perhaps you could elaborate on these a bit more – like what do they mean to you personally - how does it all come alive in your life?

How did you come into the baptism in the Holy Spirit?

To me it was a total surprise – like any true gift that one is not expecting, and then you try to put it together after the fact and the scripture becomes like ‘living water’. Bless you.
Jepne greetings,
All of us Christian whatsoever is your denomination has been baptized in churches where we are member as recognition of authority of our priest/minister given by church hierarchy. Here, we can apply the question in Acts 19:2 Act 19:2 He said unto them, Have ye received the Holy Ghost since ye believed? And they said unto him, We have not so much as heard whether there be any Holy Ghost. That is the sad truth, I had been a member of RCC for 33 years and had been a born again charismatic but I did not feel nor experience that there are Holy Spirit being given to a believers until I became an atheist doubting that there is a true God. Then I have an old friend that pass away and we reach an agreement before he died that on the day of interment I’ll be in front of his tomb at 12 midnight and request to show me or give proof that a man has really have a soul and I wait for 3 hours without any sign or positive result. Then I doubt that there is spirit.

Being an atheist I have a tendency to hear religious debate in well known plaza where different kind of faith meet and are welcome to participate. I’m only a hearer and never join their debate when an old man ask his opponent about Mat 6:9 Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name. Then different were given as follow; Yahweh, YHWH, Jehovah, El Shaddai, Eloihim and so many different names that only brought me to much confusion about religion. But the question remain in my mind if what is the true name of God? Being an atheist I love knowing the truth and never stop thinking about it until I have to resolved.

This brought me again in reading the Scripture with a pray in my heart and mind to God to reveal me the truth. In my dream there is somebody whom I fail to recognized and told me to read Job 33:4 The Spirit of God hath made me, and the breath of the Almighty hath given me life. Deu 30:20 That thou mayest love the LORD thy God, and that thou mayest obey his voice, and that thou mayest cleave unto him: for he is thy life, and the length of thy days: that thou mayest dwell in the land which the LORD sware unto thy fathers, to Abraham, to Isaac, and to Jacob, to give them. Romans 10:6-8
But the righteousness which is of faith speaketh on this wise, Say not in thine heart, Who shall ascend into heaven? (that is, to bring Christ down from above:)
Or, Who shall descend into the deep? (that is, to bring up Christ again from the dead.)
But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach;
John 20:22 And when he had said this, he breathed on them, and saith unto them, Receive ye the Holy Ghost( in this verse the Holy Ghost give understanding to know the name of Christ)

Now I’m 65 years of age and for 33 years I continually study the words of God and the Holy name of Jesus Christ has given testimony that Rom 10:13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved. I had four near death experienced, one accident and 3 heart attack but the Lord God is really near us whenever we call to his name. Thirty three long years is a long period of studying to be written up instantaneous all things here. I shall continue posting if there will be no obstacle and objection from the board.
However, I suggest you to PM me if you’re interested and I’ll give more point of view.
Thanks and God bless.
How beautiful upon the mountains are the feet of him that bringeth good tidings, that publisheth peace; that bringeth good tidings of good, that publisheth salvation; that saith unto Zion, Thy God reigneth! Isaiah 52:7

Jepne

Post by Jepne » Sat May 05, 2012 10:37 am

Thank you for telling your story, Verbatim. There are many courteous and caring brothers and sisters on this forum and I would like to see more of your story in the open so we can all share it, if you don't mind. Many of them have good insights and we can all learn together.

There are some things I would like to clarify:
. . . had been a born again charismatic but I did not feel nor experience that there are Holy Spirit being given to a believers until I became an atheist doubting that there is a true God.
In my experience in this culture, "born-again Charismatic", by definition, denotes someone who is baptized in the Holy Spirit. Perhaps this has a different meaning in your culture. The hierarchical systems of Christendom rob the people of living in the reality that we are "a kingdom of priests, a royal priesthood" and give it all to one man to hear from God for us. Sometimes it takes becoming an atheist to break free of it and start all over again?

So, in the dream, when the scriptures were given to you, what did they mean to you?

There are folks who think you have to say Yeshua, or Yahweh, or Jehovah, but Paul called God "Papa". Is it not a matter of the heart, like, He wants us to know who He is, and what kind of a being He is, and we call unto Him within that understanding - the actual word with which we address him would be almost immaterial, in a sense. What do you think? What do you mean by John 20:22 - an understanding of all that the name of Jesus embodies?

Looking forward to hearing more from you.
"Anything you think you know about God that you can't find in the person of Jesus, you have reason to question.” - anonymous

parsonsmom

Post by parsonsmom » Sat May 05, 2012 11:30 am

Jepne wrote:
It seems rather odd to me that people think they have "speaking in tongues" all figured out when there is so little in scripture to build a doctrine on and then a subject like the final judgement can not be understood in spite of the plethora of warnings and stories
If I spoke arrogantly as though I “have 'speaking in tongues' all figured out” and then went and built a doctrine with my own hands - my own understanding - I would certainly want to repent, but perhaps your post was addressed to TK - it is just that it came so soon after my two that I wondered if something I said upset you.

I think your quote from 1Cor 12:10
To another the working of miracles; to another prophecy; to another discerning of spirits; to another divers kinds of tongues; to another the interpretation of tongues:

answers your question as to whether "divers kinds of tongues" is a heavenly gift from God or just another language that evolved through the worldly speaking of mere men.

I would really be interested to hear of your experience with God - how you found Him - or were found by Him – how He drew you by His spirit. Perhaps you would like to share with us.

===========================================================================================================================================================================================================================================================================================================================
Greetings Jepne; I'm sorry if I sounded incongenial; I did'n't mean to.
to ans. your question; Yes I had a very Awaking experence;I was deliveres from alcohol and legal drugs. Six mo. later I was given 2 to 3 hours to live. I asked the Father to let me live so that I could raise my daughter. I promised the Father that no one would give her the moral standards that I would. At that time the Holy Spirit hovered over me and I have no memory of the following 3 days. I MADE COVENET WITH tHE FATHER IN THE NAME OF JESUS;THAT DAY; I was completely healed. that was thirty one years ago;I am stonger than I was at 40.
I am a teacher of the word. I give my testimony to anyone who extends an invitation. Respectfully; Parsonsmom

verbatim

Post by verbatim » Sat May 05, 2012 12:42 pm

Jepne wrote:
There are some things I would like to clarify:
. . . had been a born again charismatic but I did not feel nor experience that there are Holy Spirit being given to a believers until I became an atheist doubting that there is a true God.
it takes In my experience in this culture, "born-again Charismatic", by definition, denotes someone who is baptized in the Holy Spirit. Perhaps this has a different meaning in your culture. The hierarchical systems of Christendom rob the people of living in the reality that we are "a kingdom of priests, a royal priesthood" and give it all to one man to hear from God for us. Sometimes becoming an atheist to break free of it and start all over again?

[/quote]
Shortcomings in life literal and spiritual and lack of proper spiritual understanding and right teaching about scripture drove me to acknowledge the presence of God as a fulfillment of Scripture passages; Isa 9:16 For the leaders of this people cause them to err; and they that are led of them are destroyed. Jer 2:8 The priests said not, Where is the LORD? and they that handle the law knew me not: the pastors also transgressed against me, and the prophets prophesied by Baal, and walked after things that do not profit.
All bible preacher of the church from beginning of foundation of all church ministry all points that God is in heaven. They are telling us the “truth” that even themselves that God dwelt in far away place that we can even reach in our wild imagination which is in contrary with Paul’s word in, Act 17:24-28 God that made the world and all things therein, seeing that he is Lord of heaven and earth, dwelleth not in temples made with hands; Neither is worshipped with men's hands, as though he needed any thing, seeing he giveth to all life,and breath, and all things; And hath made of one blood all nations of men for to dwell on all the face of the earth, and hath determined the times before appointed, and the bounds of their habitation; That they should seek the Lord, if haply they might feel after him, and find him, though he be not far from every one of us: For in him we live, and move, and have our being; as certain also of your own poets have said, For we are also his offspring. And in conformity of Jesus teaching in John 12:36 While ye have light, believe in the light, that ye may be the children of light. These things spake Jesus, and departed, and did hide himself from them.
So, in the dream, when the scriptures were given to you, what did they mean to you?
Upon reflecting the meaning of the passages from the book of Job I was given understanding the meaning of when God made man in the soil of the ground that all man are literally and spiritually made by God through his great wisdom and power but hid it to all man.
[/quote]There are folks who think you have to say Yeshua, or Yahweh, or Jehovah, but Paul called God "Papa". Is it not a matter of the heart, like, He wants us to know who He is, and what kind of a being He is, and we call unto Him within that understanding - the actual word with which we address him would be almost immaterial, in a sense. [/quote]
Every words that man use was not the God’s name but refer only to different titles given to God.
Jer 44:26 Therefore hear ye the word of the LORD, all Judah that dwell in the land of Egypt; Behold, I have sworn by my great name, saith the LORD, that my name shall no more be named in the mouth of any man of Judah in all the land of Egypt, saying, The Lord GOD liveth
Jesus with his conversation with the Samaritan said, John 4:21-26 Jesus saith unto her, Woman, believe me, the hour cometh, when ye shall neither in this mountain, nor yet at Jerusalem, worship the Father. Ye worship ye know not what: we know what we worship: for salvation is of the Jews. But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him. God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth. The woman saith unto him, I know that Messias cometh, which is called Christ: when he is come, he will tell us all things.
Jesus saith unto her, I that speak unto thee am he.
What do you think? What do you mean by John 20:22 - an understanding of all that the name of Jesus embodies?
It correlates to Gen 2:7 And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul. And to the consequences of Adam and Eve’s transgression against God, Mat 9:28-30 And when he was come into the house, the blind men came to him: and Jesus saith unto them, Believe ye that I am able to do this? They said unto him, Yea, Lord. Then touched he their eyes, saying, According to your faith be it unto you. And their eyes were opened; and Jesus straitly charged them, saying, See that no man know it.

Regards,

parsonsmom

Post by parsonsmom » Sat May 05, 2012 1:43 pm

The New testiment PROMISES; For Bornagain Believers; {TO BE A SUPERNATURAL WAY OF LIFE.} To be functioning Members
of the Body of Christ; as well as more effective witnesses or him in the world; we need a more understanding of the
nine gifts of the Holy Spirit and the operation of them in their lives; These Gifts are all Supernatural; non of them can be explained in the natural talent;education; or ability; {that is the reason you that we must renew our minds to the word}

I think we should start another thread; SO NOT TO INTERFERE WITH MY FRIEND; BRO. VERBATIMS THREAD; His writings are very good. Respectfully;Parsonsmom

parsonsmom

Post by parsonsmom » Sun May 06, 2012 1:13 pm

TK wrote:
For if I pray in a tongue, my spirit prays, but my mind is unfruitful. So what shall I do? I will pray with my spirit, but I will also pray with my understanding; I will sing with my spirit, but I will also sing with my understanding. I Cor. 14:14-15
Paul seems to be saying he prays in tongues, and sings in tongues, but not all the time. There is a time and place for everything. That's how I read this, and it seems to make the most sense to me.

I will be the first to admit that the idea of praying in tongues is rather mysterious. Paul says, and I have heard various teachers say, that praying in a tongue edifies the person praying. I am not sure how it all works. But I know too many really solid Christians who pray in tongues and I cannot believe that they are simply "pretending" or "mistaken." And not everyone I know who prays in tongues is a pentecostal, or even a charismatic.

TK

Greetings TK; The Gifts of the Spirit are all supernatural; Praying in tongues gives a bornagain believer the ability to bypass the mind ; which is the part of you that satan can hinder,rob and steal from you; that is the reason any bornagain Believer; in order to grow in the Spirit must renew their minds to the Word. Your words are Life or death to you . Respectfully; Parsonsmom

parsonsmom

Post by parsonsmom » Sun May 06, 2012 11:33 pm

verbatim wrote:wwalkeriv wrote:
I don't intend to be rude, I just can't see how my question was answered in your response.
wwalkeriv wrote:
My question is: is there a separate event, namely, baptism in the Holy Spirit apart from the receiving of the Holy Spirit?
Sorry,if I had not been able to address your question and allow me to respond to you through Scripture. It was a common doctrine of almost all religion to receive the Holy Spirit and Act 19:2
Is asking us if; He said unto them, Have ye received the Holy Ghost since ye believed? And they said unto him, We have not so much as heard whether there be any Holy Ghost.

Check our ownself, did you really received the Holy Spirit? How? Yes, through baptism. Who then baptized you and did you feel that you receive the Holy Spirit? Who among men are given authority to baptize through unknown Holy name of Christ? I think nobody can understand how to receive the Holy Ghost unless Jesus personally baptizes him.
John 20:22 And when he had said this, he breathed on them, and saith unto them, Receive ye the Holy Ghost:
Luke 24:45 Then opened he their understanding, that they might understand the scriptures,
wwalkeriv wrote:
Is this separate event required for salvation?
Yes, this is a hidden manna of believers of Jesus Christ name
Rev 2:17 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the hidden manna, and will give him a white stone, and in the stone a new name written, which no man knoweth saving he that receiveth it.
Rev 3:12 Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out: and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, which is new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God: and I will write upon him my new name.
Rev 14:1 And I looked, and, lo, a Lamb stood on the mount Sion, and with him an hundred forty and four thousand, having his Father's name written in their foreheads.
Rev 14:2 And I heard a voice from heaven, as the voice of many waters, and as the voice of a great thunder: and I heard the voice of harpers harping with their harps:
Rev 14:3 And they sung as it were a new song before the throne, and before the four beasts, and the elders: and no man could learn that song but the hundred and forty and four thousand, which were redeemed from the earth.
The new song is the pure language mentioned in Zep 3:9 For then will I turn to the people a pure language, that they may all call upon the name of the LORD, to serve him with one consent.
1Co 14:14 For if I pray in an unknown tongue, my spirit prayeth, but my understanding is unfruitful.
1Co 14:15 What is it then? I will pray with the spirit, and I will pray with the understanding also: I will sing with the spirit, and I will sing with the understanding also.
Heb 13:15 By him therefore let us offer the sacrifice of praise to God continually, that is, the fruit of our lips giving thanks to his name.
Thanks and God bless.
888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888

Greetings to you; Parsonsmom here; I'm having a hard time knowing which post is whos's; my understanding is that a person has the ability to speaking tongues when we are bornagain is because o f the lack of teaching; it was in my case ; but because of doctronal teachings; I was taught that it was not for this day.even at a young age I could not understand why people would say they believe the bible; and cut out more than half of it. If we can't believe what is written; there is something wrong in our life; Respectfully; Parsonsmom.

verbatim

Post by verbatim » Mon May 07, 2012 2:30 am

Greetings to you; Parsonsmom here; I'm having a hard time knowing which post is whos's;
The post you copy and paste is mine dated last Apr 11,2012 in response to wwalkeriv in his question which are separated and are enclosed by quote sign ( ’’ ).
Parsonsmom wrote;
; my understanding is that a person has the ability to speaking tongues when we are bornagain is because o f the lack of teaching; it was in my case.
YES/NO . There were many and almost every denomination claim that they were born again but believe not to all spirits because even the devil believes and trembling. A true born again of Spirit were born by knowing the word of God as what the Scripture proves.
Jas 1:18 Of his own will begat he us with the word of truth, that we should be a kind of firstfruits of his creatures.
Jas 1:21 Wherefore lay apart all filthiness and superfluity of naughtiness, and receive with meekness the engrafted word, which is able to save your souls.
1Pe 1:23 Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever.

Parsonsmom wrote:
; but because of doctronal teachings; I was taught that it was not for this day.
I think lack of teaching was happening as what Scripture say, Romans 10:17-18 How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher? And how shall they preach, except they be sent? as it is written, How beautiful are the feet of them that preach the gospel of peace, and bring glad tidings of good things! But they have not all obeyed the gospel. For Esaias saith, Lord, who hath believed our report? So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God. But I say, Have they not heard? Yes verily, their sound went into all the earth, and their words unto the ends of the world.
To be born again by Spirit has undefined time or period.
Parsonsmom wrote:
even at a young age I could not understand why people would say they believe the bible; and cut out more than half of it. If we can't believe what is written; there is something wrong in our life;
Even we believe in the inerrancy of the Scripture we can compare it to Jesus parable in;
Matthew13:24-28 Mat 13:24 Another parable put he forth unto them, saying, The kingdom of heaven is likened unto a man which sowed good seed in his field:
Mat 13:25 But while men slept, his enemy came and sowed tares among the wheat, and went his way.
Mat 13:26 But when the blade was sprung up, and brought forth fruit, then appeared the tares also.
Mat 13:27 So the servants of the householder came and said unto him, Sir, didst not thou sow good seed in thy field? from whence then hath it tares?
Mat 13:28 He said unto them, An enemy hath done this. The servants said unto him, Wilt thou then that we go and gather them up?
Thanks and God bless.

verbatim

Post by verbatim » Tue May 08, 2012 11:16 am

Hi All,
In our continuation of speaking in tongues I shall title this as" UNSPEAKABLE LANGUAGE OR JESUS NEW NAME" (2 Cor 12:4, Rev 2:17)
Prior to Paul’s baptism here is the account how it happen, while he was on his way to Damascus.
Act 22:6 -16 And it came to pass, that, as I made my journey, and was come nigh unto Damascus about noon, suddenly there shone from heaven a great light round about me. And I fell unto the ground, and heard a voice saying unto me, Saul, Saul, why persecutest thou me? And I answered, Who art thou, Lord? And he said unto me, I am Jesus of Nazareth, whom thou persecutest. And they that were with me saw indeed the light, and were afraid; but they heard not the voice of him that spake to me. And I said, What shall I do, Lord? And the Lord said unto me, Arise, and go into Damascus; and there it shall be told thee of all things which are appointed for thee to do. And when I could not see for the glory of that light, being led by the hand of them that were with me, I came into Damascus. And one Ananias, a devout man according to the law, having a good report of all the Jews which dwelt there, Came unto me, and stood, and said unto me, Brother Saul, receive thy sight. And the same hour I looked up upon him. And he said, The God of our fathers hath chosen thee, that thou shouldest know his will, and see that Just One, and shouldest hear the voice of his mouth. For thou shalt be his witness unto all men of what thou hast seen and heard. And now why tarriest thou? arise, and be baptized, and wash away thy sins, calling on the name of the Lord.
Upon hearing the voice and receiving the “word” Paul eyes were open and his blindness were healed and has been baptized and all his sins are cleanse away (Acts 22:16, Acts 2:14)
The “word” that those who received and were baptize was not the bible but the name of Jesus which were mentioned in Isa 49:1 Listen, O isles, unto me; and hearken, ye people, from far; The LORD hath called me from the womb; from the bowels of my mother hath he made mention of my name.
Isa 49:2 And he hath made my mouth like a sharp sword; in the shadow of his hand hath he hid me, and made me a polished shaft; in his quiver hath he hid me;
Isa 49:3 And said unto me, Thou art my servant, O Israel, in whom I will be glorified.
In a related event prior to what Paul heard was a unspoken language or words which he describe as unspeakable for man to utter 2 Co 12:2-4
I knew a man in Christ above fourteen years ago, (whether in the body, I cannot tell; or whether out of the body, I cannot tell: God knoweth;) such an one caught up to the third heaven. And I knew such a man, (whether in the body, or out of the body, I cannot tell: God knoweth;) How that he was caught up into paradise, and heard unspeakable words, which it is not lawful for a man to utter.

Why was the “words” unlawful to utter?
{quote] Deu 5:11 Thou shalt not take the name of the LORD thy God in vain: for the LORD will not hold him guiltless that taketh his name in vain.
Jer 44:26 Therefore hear ye the word of the LORD, all Judah that dwell in the land of Egypt; Behold, I have sworn by my great name, saith the LORD, that my name shall no more be named in the mouth of any man of Judah in all the land of Egypt, saying, The Lord GOD liveth.
Amos 6:10 And a man's uncle shall take him up, and he that burneth him, to bring out the bones out of the house, and shall say unto him that is by the sides of the house, Is there yet any with thee? and he shall say, No. Then shall he say, Hold thy tongue: for we may not make mention of the name of the LORD.[/quote]
So, if someone received the “word” he must believed and call it and by this word you will understand and can be apply to all parables of Jesus. Like a seed that was sow it will, Act 12:24 But the word of God grew and multiplied.

Peace and Grace.

Return to “General Bible Discussion”