What is the law in New Covenant?

jriccitelli

Re: What is the law in New Covenant?

Post by jriccitelli » Sun Sep 04, 2011 11:26 am

Verb, I am still a bit bewildered over the reference to the statement "His blood was, as it were, always warm, and as if it had been recently shed". Mabey I am reading you wrong, but if i am not, I would rather be under a different thread such as 'What is Transubstantiation?'
We take the wine and bread 'as if it were' the literal body of Christ. We take communion ''in remembrance of" Christ. We consider the communion Holy and take of it 'as if it were' the literal body of Christ, but it is neither real flesh, nor an ongoing sacrifice, do you agree, or not?

verbatim

Post by verbatim » Sun Sep 04, 2011 4:56 pm

jriccitelli wrote:Verb, I am still a bit bewildered over the reference to the statement "His blood was, as it were, always warm, and as if it had been recently shed". Mabey I am reading you wrong, but if i am not, I would rather be under a different thread such as 'What is Transubstantiation?'
We take the wine and bread 'as if it were' the literal body of Christ. We take communion ''in remembrance of" Christ. We consider the communion Holy and take of it 'as if it were' the literal body of Christ, but it is neither real flesh, nor an ongoing sacrifice, do you agree, or not?
hello John greetings,
You say that you were being confused or bewildered by my statement "his blood was, as it always warm, as if had been recently shed I'll let Scripture explain why
it was still fresh.
Leviticus 17:11 For the life of he flesh is in the blood; and I had given it to you upon the altar to make an atonement for your soul; for it is the blood that maketh an atonement for the soul.
Hebrews 12:24 And t Jesus the mediator of the new covenant,and to the blood of sprinkling, that speak better things than that of Abel.
The scripture says that the life of the flesh is in the blood so, it must be offer at once because if the blood is coagulated or change its formed from liquid and
had hardened, it cannot be sprinkle and beside it will lost its description as "the life was in the blood" because when coagulated it is already dead and unused.

About your quest if "What is Transubstantiation" or other refer this as "Eucharist" in due respect to other's belief that is what they called communion or to unite with Christ, I shall not give comment instead I'll expound if how I understand in spiritual aspect the "eating of bread and drinking of wine.

Alright, all has the same purpose of reuniting with the body of Christ, some take it literally and ceremoniously thinking that the presence of the Lord is in the bread and wine that they would take or eat in accordance to his commandment, "this do in remembrance of me".

For me the Lord Jesus Christ is always present within us if we walk through his light and guidance and reuniting with him is to praise or glorify him through his words and not by my own words.
Colossians 1:26-27 Even the mystery which hath been hid from ages and from generations, but now is made manifest to his saints.
v.27 To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ the hope of glory.

How do I commit unification with Christ? John 6:56-57 He that eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, dwelleth in me, and I in him.
v.57 As the living Father has sent me, and I live by the Father; so , he that eateth me, even he shall live by me.
John 17:22 And the glory thou hast gavest me; I have given them; hat they may be one, even as we are one.

hope this help.
your brother in Christ.
virgilio
How beautiful upon the mountains are the feet of him that bringeth good tidings, that publisheth peace; that bringeth good tidings of good, that publisheth salvation; that saith unto Zion, Thy God reigneth! Isaiah 52:7

verbatim

Post by verbatim » Sun Sep 11, 2011 9:07 pm

In fact that there is no new quote I decide to explain my position about this topic.
Generally all religious dominion practiced Eucharist in different perspective. Some used the “open table” communion wherein everyone is allowed to partake or share in taking of bread and drink wine.

Others preferred “close table” wherein a baptized member could only participate and outsider or a non member of congregation is not entitled to have share in “Eucharist” as related to Matthew 7:6 Not to give which is holy to unholy, neither cast your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn again and rend you.

Here is Paul commentary about the transubstantiation that church practiced. 1 Corinthians 10:14-21

Wherefore my dearly beloved, flee from idolatry. I speak to wise men; judge ye what I say, The cup of blessing which we bless, is it not the communion of the blood of Christ? The bread which we brake, is it not the communion of the body of Christ? For we being many are one bread, and one body: for we are all partakers of that one bread.

Behold Israel after the flesh: are not they which eat of the sacrifices partakers of the altar?
What say I then? That the idol is anything, or that which are offered in sacrifice to idol is any thing?
But I say, hat the things which the Gentiles sacrifice, they sacrifice to devils and not to God: and I would not that you should have fellowship with the devils.
Ye cannot drink the cup of the Lord, and the cup of the devils: ye cannot be partakers of the Lord’s table, and he table of the devils. ( this means that the Lord’s Supper must not be taken literally or be interpret factually but spiritually metaphor.)

Let us leave the church view of Eucharist and look at spiritual perspective of LORD’s SUPPER in with allusion in the Scripture.
The Lord’s Prayer, which is in Matthew 6:9-13 and Luke 11:2-5, is appropriate at this point, because it asks for forgiveness and our daily bread, which is Jesus, the bread of life.
Our Father which are in heaven, Hallowed be thy name. Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven. GIVE US OUR DAILY BREAD.
Jesus said in John 6:27 Labor not for the meat that perisheth, but for the meat which endureth unto everlasting life, which the Son of man shall give unto you: for him that God the Father sealed.
John 6:50-51 I am the bread of life. This is bread that cometh down from heaven, that a man may eat thereof, and not die.
John 6:56-57 He that eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, dwelleth in me, and I in him. As the living Father hath sent me, and I live by the Father, so, he that eateth of this bread, even he shall live by me.
It means by eating the bread (body) is in union with the body of our Lord Jesus Christ.) emphasis mine.

(How it become a new commandment will be explain on next post because of character limitation.)

Holy, holy,Holy Lord God of power and might—Heaven and earth are full of your glory,
Hosanna in the highest! Blessed is He who comes in the Name of the Lord!
Hosanna in the highest!

Thank you and God bless.
your brother in Christ.
virgilio
How beautiful upon the mountains are the feet of him that bringeth good tidings, that publisheth peace; that bringeth good tidings of good, that publisheth salvation; that saith unto Zion, Thy God reigneth! Isaiah 52:7

Return to “General Bible Discussion”